make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday July 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Toe Clips

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 06:05 #181

Cyber Farrier wrote:
As the Moderator, I was simply complimenting you on helping to maintain a high level of discourse. Take a compliment when it's given. :D

Baron
Is that Really a compliment? What do you think about it??
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 06:13 #182

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes, really, it's a compliment. Truly. Why would you think any differently?

And now, back to the toipc of the thread.....

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 11:32 #183

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
calshoer wrote:
NO, It DOES NOT. Where on earth did you get that idea? Just LOOK at it....:eek:

Your continued staements about NB shoeing and the shoes themselves is revealing that you have some amount of ignorance about Natural balance protocols and shoe design. I suggest you study the protocol in more depth ,ask questions if there is something you don't understand,(rather than make ignorant and false statements) then when you more fully understand it, come back and we can discuss it.

Are you really gonna make me get my chop saw out? There is more surface are in the front half of a NB shoe. It takes more metal to make up the toe and toe quarters of the shoe than it takes to make up the heel and heel quarters.

If you don't understand this very very simple idea, let me know. I'll get the camera out! How's it go, geesh?!

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 11:35 #184

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
calshoer wrote:
Here is the outline (green line) of a standard aluminum NB shoe placed overlaid on the drawing of a european contest front hunter shoe . Where exactly is the NB shoe badly shaped? :confused:

table shoe vs. shoe on the foot. NB looks really cool (table shoe)

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 11:42 #185

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
calshoer wrote:
I also measured a size 1 aluminum, NB shoe, and from the widest part to the toe EDGE it is 2 5/8", from the same line back to the heels it was also 2 5/8Exactly 50-50. Then figure in the rolled toe and you get less ground surface in front.
To be Set around Ducketts bridge, roughly the COA. What problem do you have with that ?

The only thing I have a problem with is you measuring surface area of a foot the way you do. I'm not sure how to do it, its probably something like L x W x H. Not sure, just sure your doing it wrong just to try to prove a NB point.

AS for the various world wide studies concerning the various stresses in the footand the relationship to breakover placement , there are so many and I have cited them many times here over they years and will not do it again.
Go find them yourself, Mr Todd anonymous. They are here somewhere.

Your attitude is deplorable. The name is Todd Swanks in case you missed it in another post.

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 11:44 #186

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
calshoer wrote:
My clients and the vets I work with are the real life judge of my skill level.

I always suggest having someone from another profession evaluate my skill level.:rolleyes:

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 11:53 #187

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Cyber Farrier wrote:
You are correct. If you're gonna discuss stuff with Patty, you need to back it up. Just "sayin' so" doesn't cut the mustard. She provides information, diagrams and facts. (Not saying they're right or wrong.) You want to dispute her stuff, come up with other facts.

Maybe someone with better math skills than myself can explain to patty how to figure out the surface area of a foot. When Patty discusses "skill" she should have to back it up. She fit toe clips for years, but refuses to back up her claim. Baron, maybe you can find a way to cut down on Patty's false claims she comes up with.

Irrelevant gibberish like, "You can't judge your work, or your mother..." has no place on the forums.

I thought that was a great point. We all think we're doing great work until others judge it. Vets and horseowners arent very good judges of a farriers skill level either.

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 12:33 #188

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Traditional Farrier wrote:

The only thing I have a problem with is you measuring surface area of a foot the way you do. I'm not sure how to do it, its probably something like L x W x H. Not sure, just sure your doing it wrong just to try to prove a NB point.

Please explain how you would correctly measure the surface area of a foot, and why. Diagrams would also be helpful.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 16:40 #189

• calshoer
  • Guru
Are you really gonna make me get my chop saw out? There is more surface are in the front half of a NB shoe. It takes more metal to make up the toe and toe quarters of the shoe than it takes to make up the heel and heel quarters.
Ithought we were talking about RATIOS around the COA, not shoe width.
If you take a NB shoe, draw a line (or cut it if you want to ruin a perfectly good shoe) across at EXACTLY the widest part, (use calipers to find it accurately) and measure the *distance* of the two pieces from the line forward to end of the toe, and from line rearward to a line across the end of heels, you will find that the two halves are the same.Then figure in the rolled toe, which moves the forwardmost point of ground contact (breakover point) rearward, and there is ALWAYS LESS ground surface in the FRONT. THAT is what I am talking about, the ground RATIOS around the COA and how they apply to leverage and support.
If by "more metal" you are taking about the sole relief area and shoe weight, then you have totally changed the subject.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Toe Clips 01 Jul 2008 17:14 #190

• calshoer
  • Guru
Not everyone takes pictures of their work from a decade ago, especially before digital cameras were in vogue that much.
As to my implying that I was a journeyman, I NEVER, EVER said that. You need to read for context. Read how the sentence was worded. I said that besides myself, there are also journeymen (meaning *they*were the journeymen) who apply NB regularly, so the point was that NB is not limited to poorlyskilled farriers , which WAS the implication ,wasn't it?

As to your definition if "skilled" ,am I mistaken that your definition of highly skilled is refering to skill level in *forging* ?

MY definition of highly skilled is probably different than yours.
Mine is someone who recognizes and understand ALL the functional anatomy and biomechanical aspects of the hoof, recognizes subtle hoof distortions, sees subtle lameness before it becomes obviously clinical, and can consistantly remedy problems and achieve clinical results . One who in the process of all that, does not lose many shoes while correcting and prevent hoof distortions, and assisting horses to do their job better. Thats a LOT of necessary skills.

If you noticed, that all does not include having to be terrific in the forge. That is absolutely NOT necessary in todays world to achieve these goal.

Combine all that with great forging and it's an added pretty touch, but frankly it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE (and probably really impossible) to achieve a few of the necessary biomechanical tratment goals with a hand forged shoe. Like it or not, thats the truth. Some Factory shoes have many features you simply can not duplicate very well in a hand made shoe. (and I am not refering just to NB! )

MY expert skills lie in a combination of my high level of KNOWLEDGE, and practical skills in applying just many combinations of shoes and modern materials successfully to consistently achieve clinical success.
Its a different KIND of expert skill.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Toe Clips 02 Jul 2008 00:24 #191

• clinkercjf
What "features" do factory shoes have that could not be duplicated?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Louis Hector Berlioz

Troy Ehrmantraut, CJF
2002 Journeyman Practical High Score Award.

RE:Toe Clips 02 Jul 2008 00:43 #192

• calshoer
  • Guru
Most important that gets missed in modified or handmade NB type fits would be combining the width of the web, and the steep inner rim (for traction) with the same amount of breakover all the way around the foot. As wel it is a lot of work to duplicate the very broad, deep sole relief from stock, and still get the rest of the package.
Achieving the breakover all around the branches of the shoe AND creating the steep inner edge that is there for traction is quite a trick..I haven't seen anyone duplicate it yet in a handmade or a modified "other brand" of shoe. You can get probably duplicate SOME of the components of a NB shoe in a handmade or a modified shoe , but it would be extrememy difficult to get them in one shoe all together.

EVERY components designed into of those NB shoes is there for very specific reasons , its not just about toe breakover.

For instance you could use a 3/4" half round stock, bump the toe (I would sure like to see most farriers be able to do that with half round :eek:), broaden the toe, draw the toe back a little to lessen the steepness of the toe breakover,and add the sole relief, but then you have missed the steep inner edge, and the crease.
Sure SOMEONE could probably manage to encorporate it all in one handmade shoe, but gee whiz..WHY? its far more economical and easy to just buy the thing if you want all those features, which I usually do.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Toe Clips 02 Jul 2008 01:25 #193

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Methinks Phil is much smarter than we thought. He stirs up a great thread AND gets a free hands on clinic with Craig:D
All this over a little toe clip, Cool!
Jim

RE:Toe Clips 02 Jul 2008 01:29 #194

• clinkercjf
Gee whiz Patty. Someone probably could incorporate all that in a handmade shoe. Should of made that statement from the start.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Louis Hector Berlioz

Troy Ehrmantraut, CJF
2002 Journeyman Practical High Score Award.

RE:Toe Clips 02 Jul 2008 01:32 #195

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
clinkercjf wrote:
Gee whiz Patty. Someone probably could incorporate all that in a handmade shoe. Should of made that statement from the start.

Do you have any pics of similar handmades that you've done? Thats quite a bit to incorporate into a shoe.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Brazilian Farrier birthday is today
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is today
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is today
  • Doo Hume birthday is in 1 day
  • NeliaShott birthday is in 1 day
  • Txfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • My2Mares birthday is in 363 days
  • barefoot1 birthday is in 364 days
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 364 days
  • halfmiler birthday is in 364 days
  • hoofwoman birthday is in 364 days
  • Horsegeek birthday is in 364 days
  • michaelgalik birthday is in 364 days
  • Ray K Miller Jr birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.