make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday May 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Toe Clips

Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 21:55 #1

Well finally, here it is the very popular and controversial discussion on the use of toe clips. On another thread I made a negative comment about the Europeans using toe clips and Smitty was a little offended by it. Now rule number one, I do not want this thread to become boring and nice and stuff. If you have something to say say it and back it up. Now go at it which every way it pleases you.

I will start off by saying they suck.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 22:14 #2

  • smitty88
  • smitty88's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 6951
  • Thank you received: 64
  • Karma: 13
They wont suck if you fit them properly
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 22:30 #3

I would say toe clips should be fine on a hoof without distortion present in the dorsal wall. If any distortion is present in the dorsal wall and the horse is to be fit with clips quarter clips will be necessary otherwise breakover will be way to far forward.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS


".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 22:33 #4

smitty88 wrote:
They wont suck if you fit them properly

Smitty, how about pics of a proper fit. Bottom view of the foot before and after the trim. What do you do if the front half of the foot is too far ahead of Ducket's dot?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 22:35 #5

George_Spear wrote:
I would say toe clips should be fine on a hoof without distortion present in the dorsal wall. If any distortion is present in the dorsal wall and the horse is to be fit with clips quarter clips will be necessary otherwise breakover will be way to far forward.

How about feet with no distortion in the horn however the toe is to far foward according to NB principles?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 22:36 #6

  • smitty88
  • smitty88's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 6951
  • Thank you received: 64
  • Karma: 13
if your foot prep is not up to scratch
it wont matter were you put the clips
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 22 Jun 2008 22:42 #7

smitty88 wrote:
if your foot prep is not up to scratch
it wont matter were you put the clips

That is a broad statement. Do you mean good hoof prep? Then that begs the question as to what defines good hoof prep?

We need videos and pics. Hope Baron gets his new features going real soon. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 00:02 #8

  • Jeff Crane
  • Jeff Crane's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 442
  • Karma: 0
I use them often, and like them. For me, they have helped horses with weak walls regain some strength. I have had no complaints.
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 00:10 #9

I don't think it is a matter of:
I like or dislike clips.

It is a matter of, clips have a purpose.

One is that it helps stabilize the shoe on the foot,
Adding quarter clips and burning them in is like
adding another 6 nails to the package.

I could go on, but I have limited time.

PS. Maybe you don’t like toe clips because you can’t put them on a NBS.
Bradley SaintJohn

The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 00:24 #10

  • calshoer
  • calshoer's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 7253
  • Karma: 0
How about feet with no distortion in the horn however the toe is to far foward according to NB principles?
If the end of the dressed toe is still too forward of the bone, then there IS distortion. Toes can be quite distorted, run forward from their relationship with the bone , without any flare.
The sole gets stretched forward with the wall, so in mamny cases you won't always see any laminae stretching or toe flare .This is particularly common in negative palmer angle type feet.
Hence the need to map the feet to locate P3 inside.
A toe clip would prevent you from unloading the elongated toe to help it remodel back to where it belonged.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 00:27 #11

Phil Armitage wrote:
Well finally, here it is the very popular and controversial discussion on the use of toe clips. On another thread I made a negative comment about the Europeans using toe clips and Smitty was a little offended by it. Now rule number one, I do not want this thread to become boring and nice and stuff. If you have something to say say it and back it up. Now go at it which every way it pleases you.

I will start off by saying they suck.

Clips can be benifical when needed.Alot of Gaited horses have them because of the weight they carry,and some shove the foot forward at foot fall.Horses that work hard
laterly sometimes need one on the outside of the foot.Clydsdales useually have
a inch and a quarter by 1/2 and they shove the shoe forward alot of times and warrent a toe clip.I charge 35.00 for 2 front clips if the costomer wants them,if i think the horse needs them,i don't charge anything for clips.They can do more damage than good if you haven't had alot of experience applying them.Horses that work hard latterly are nailed 4 to the outside and 3 to the inside.A horse that shoves the shoe forward,nail all nails in a forward direction
and that eliminates that.I have found that clips are more of a monkey see monkey do.Unless they are needed.Men who put clips on every horse they do
is just for show.......................
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 01:02 #12

calshoer wrote:
If the end of the dressed toe is still too forward of the bone, then there IS distortion. Toes can be quite distorted, run forward from their relationship with the bone , without any flare.
The sole gets stretched forward with the wall, so in mamny cases you won't always see any laminae stretching or toe flare .This is particularly common in negative palmer angle type feet.
Hence the need to map the feet to locate P3 inside.
A toe clip would prevent you from unloading the elongated toe to help it remodel back to where it belonged.

Thank you Patty, excellent points.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 01:08 #13

Bradley-1stChoice wrote:
I don't think it is a matter of:
I like or dislike clips.

It is a matter of, clips have a purpose.

One is that it helps stabilize the shoe on the foot,
Adding quarter clips and burning them in is like
adding another 6 nails to the package.

I could go on, but I have limited time.

PS. Maybe you don’t like toe clips because you can’t put them on a NBS.


Maybe I like to use clips everyday, as a matter of fact I do. Quarter clips and side clips.



Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 01:13 #14

  • solidrockshoer
  • solidrockshoer's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Admin
  • Posts: 12874
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: -1
I like using quarter clips too. I would think most of the time a toe clip is used the breakover is set too far foward and would incourage a long toe. Unless you really dubbed the heck out of it. Really couldn't on a foot like the one Patty posted on the Centrefit and PLR thread, he'd fall on his face with breakover that far foward.
The topic has been locked.

RE:Toe Clips 23 Jun 2008 01:27 #15

PerformanceHorseshoeing wrote:
I like using quarter clips too. I would think most of the time a toe clip is used the breakover is set too far foward and would incourage a long toe. Unless you really dubbed the heck out of it. Really couldn't on a foot like the one Patty posted on the Centrefit and PLR thread, he'd fall on his face with breakover that far foward.

Quarter clips and side clips are great.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The topic has been locked.

Kunena Birthday Module

  • Jan99504 birthday is today
  • milly7i0726 birthday is today
  • spotteddrafter1 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is in 1 day
  • JennieMs3631 birthday is in 364 days
  • jhesse66 birthday is in 364 days
  • Leftys Anvil birthday is in 364 days
  • LucksBFA6 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

S5 Box

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.