make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday July 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PLR and Centre Fit

PLR and Centre Fit 16 Jun 2008 02:47 #1

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
I recently saw that the PLR and Centre Fits were available for online purchase. I bought a few and was wondering what the suggested nails for these are? Looks like Delta e3 or 4 fit them pretty nice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 16 Jun 2008 10:04 #2

I find the Vector SB-5 to be a nice fit. Its a rolled nail like a capewell and drives and cliniches a bit different than the delta's drive and clinich. So if you are a delta user the E-3 and E-4 delta may be a better choice.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 16 Jun 2008 11:03 #3

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Does anyone have the dimensions of the plr shoes? And does anyone have a pic of the foot surface? The shoes look pretty thick, does anyone have a pic of a shoe they shaped and fit?

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 16 Jun 2008 14:13 #4

• calshoer
  • Guru
The Delta E3 or E4 fit the centre fit crease very nicely. For The PLRs, I use a slim blade 5.
Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 16 Jun 2008 14:20 #5

• calshoer
  • Guru
Does anyone have the dimensions of the plr shoes? And does anyone have a pic of the foot surface? The shoes look pretty thick, does anyone have a pic of a shoe they shaped and fit?
The dimensions are on the NB website under the Performance products section.

They are a little bit thicker than a regular shoe,(I'm guessing about a half inch and the wedge ones are thinner in the toe ) , because the intended leverage reduction would not be as effective if they were not thick enough. No I don't have a picture of the foot surface but it is just flat anyway , and the new production ones have the normal rectangular holes rather than the drilled round holes that the prototypes had. This should give you an idea of the thickness. Sorry I can't find a pic of the shoe on a foot ,even though I use them freuently I just haven't taken that many pics lately. They basically fit just like the regular aluminum NB shoes. The rear edge of the roll in the toe is placed about 1-1/8" forward of the live apex of the frog.
Attachments:
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 01:01 #6

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
I tried both the centre fits and the PLR today. I liked both but had trouble getting the PLR to fit the foot properly because of it's bulkyness. Anyone have any tips on this or am I going to have to grind away a good bit everytime? I really like the centrefits especially the ones with clips, no more modifying eventers with clips.

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 02:04 #7

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
PerformanceHorseshoeing wrote:
I had trouble getting the PLR to fit the foot properly because of it's bulkyness. Anyone have any tips on this or am I going to have to grind away a good bit everytime?

Hi Nick! What a fantastic question you raised. If the shoe is really a 1/2" thick your gonna have to heat it up and shape it on your anvil. Heat it in your forge for about 15 seconds and rub it against the face of your anvil. If its sticky, your probably hot enough. If not put it back in for a few seconds until you can move it. Heating it until it burns your hammer handle is probably a little too hot for a keg shoe. I really hope this helps you. And have a fabulous night.

Oh, and one more thing, if your shoe doesn't fit the foot, grinding it doesn't make it fit.

And one more thing, I hope you stop grinding on aluminum. Its not healthy and can get you seriously sick.

Anymore question please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you!

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 02:29 #8

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Thank you very much Mr. Russell. That was a very informative responce that I greatly appreciate. The shoe actually was heated after the attempt to shape it cold which wasn't working to good. But still was tough because there is a lot of shoe there. Have a wonderful night Eric and God Bless.

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 03:17 #9

• calshoer
  • Guru
If I *have* to turn the end of the heel on a PLR and it doesnt fit in the cams of the anvil, I can do it in the hardy hole(yeah yeah... I know that's really 'backyard' ,but it works) by putting the heel down into the hole from the top side, and whacking the branch above the hole. It's Upside down from the usual way to abuse a hardy hole. ;)

Also the early protoype ones (milled with the drilled holes),are much harder than the production models. The production ones shape a whole lot easier.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 03:50 #10

calshoer wrote:
If I *have* to turn the end of the heel on a PLR and it doesnt fit in the cams of the anvil, I can do it in the hardy hole(yeah yeah... I know that's really 'backyard' ,but it works) by putting the heel down into the hole from the top side, and whacking the branch above the hole. It's Upside down from the usual way to abuse a hardy hole. ;)

Also the early protoype ones (milled with the drilled holes),are much harder than the production models. The production ones shape a whole lot easier.

I suppose you could do that Patty, but why? Why not encourage developing forging skills as Eric did. If a farrier can't figure out how to use heat, the horn and hammer then should they be applying such a shoe for therapeutic reasons?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 04:03 #11

• calshoer
  • Guru
I
suppose you could do that Patty, but why? Why not encourage developing forging skills as Eric did. If a farrier can't figure out how to use heat, the horn and hammer then should they be applying such a shoe for therapeutic reasons?
It is not about forging skills it is about what happens to the shoes if you heat them. Those aluminum shoes are temperd for better wear. Heating aluminum removes the temper and then they won't wear as well, thats why I cold shape them. I ONLY heat aluminum if absolutely have to, for that reasoin.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 12:19 #12

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
PerformanceHorseshoeing wrote:
I tried both the centre fits and the PLR today.

Good Morning Nick!

Is there any chance you can take a pic of the plr shoe when you go to reshoe it? I have severly safed shoes all the way to the crease before. Every time the shoes wear down until there is no safeing left on the edges. Also the horses I trim, the walls are never worn away like the plr shoe. I have a feeling, at the end of the day this shoe looks like every other shoe with a worn (rolled) toe. If that's the case I question raising the foot a 1/2" off the ground in the first place.

Thank you very much.
Eric

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 12:27 #13

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Phil Armitage wrote:
I suppose you could do that Patty, but why? Why not encourage developing forging skills as Eric did. If a farrier can't figure out how to use heat, the horn and hammer then should they be applying such a shoe for therapeutic reasons?

Good Morning Phil! I hope your about to have a fantastic day of shoeing horses!

I couldn't agree with you more. 1/2" hardened aluminum, I'd very much like to see video of someone from edss shapeing one cold. Or at least a pic of the shoe fit to the foot. Sacrificing fit for shoe wear is not a good thing. I think the plr shoe is a good shoe in theory, but as it wears I think the theory will go right out the window. Can't wait for some pics or video.

Thank You Phil, and good luck with your day!
Eric

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 14:49 #14

• calshoer
  • Guru
Every time the shoes wear down until there is no safeing left on the edges.
Maybe because you are heating them...;)
Also the horses I trim, the walls are never worn away like the plr shoe.
That is correct. The PLR is a therapeutic and performance shoe designed specifically to enhance breakover medial laterally MORE than the natural foot develops on its own. Think "USE-BASED domesticated horse".
The extra breakover is why it is often better than barefoot or just a half round for treating many pathologies such as ringbone. There are many studies (MRI etc) that now show where the common coffin joint and collateral ligament injuries are occurring.This is in part due to what we ask our horses to do, especially working in lots of circles and hard smaller turns, somethig a horse would not do if not forced to do. These ligament and coffin joint injuries are becoming more recognized with the advent of newer diagnostic tools. Allowing the ground sirface of the FOOT to become part of the turning mechanism for this unnatural man made movement will creates less flexion (in all directions) in the DIP joint and therefore should reduce these stresses and lamenesses. In fact horses who have already been diagnosed with these kinds of foot pain have shown consistant improvment clinially with an increased M-L breakover shoe.
I have a feeling, at the end of the day this shoe looks like every other shoe with a worn (rolled) toe.
Maybe at the end of 8 weeks in very hard use, (or 5 if you heated it) . We have some good barrel and rope horses in them who do wear them out in 5, but they just get shod at 5 instead of 8.
If that's the case I question raising the foot a 1/2" off the ground in the first place.
There is no way to effect that much breakover change with a thinner shoe.
AS for all your difficulty shaping them. it makes me wonder how exactly you are fitting them?? I haven't had that problem. I find they go on very easily with little shaping, usually a LITTLE turning of the heels, maybe a widening or narowing of the shoe, and maybe a little boxing of the heel surface if I am not adding pads. Y'all seem to make it way to difficult. It ain't rocket science.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:PLR and Centre Fit 18 Jun 2008 21:47 #15

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
I've only tried them on one horse so I can't really say much about them other than it was kinda tough to fit this horse. Might not be with others. She seems to be moving nicely in them. Also the ones I put on her where the wedge PLR. I don't have a pic of them but will next time I put some on.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Brazilian Farrier birthday is today
  • joplin_18_wren birthday is today
  • kbrooks1110 birthday is today
  • Doo Hume birthday is in 1 day
  • NeliaShott birthday is in 1 day
  • Txfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • My2Mares birthday is in 363 days
  • barefoot1 birthday is in 364 days
  • DavidinGA birthday is in 364 days
  • halfmiler birthday is in 364 days
  • hoofwoman birthday is in 364 days
  • Horsegeek birthday is in 364 days
  • michaelgalik birthday is in 364 days
  • Ray K Miller Jr birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.