make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday May 20, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nail magnets!

Nail magnets! 06 Jun 2008 17:20 #1

• HOSSBOSS
Do any of you have trouble with customers that DO NOT like when the farrier leaves nail ends behind after your work?
I do! I need to purchase the magnet on wheels to stop the complaining. Do any of you have one? Where did you order it from?
One customer got a bit mad cause her husband rides a motorcycle & she's afraid of the nails getting into his tires. PITA!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Nail magnets! 06 Jun 2008 19:15 #2

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
I personally catch all of my nails that I can. Then I do have a magnet that I run over the area before I sweep between horses. I don't like flats either and I appreciate haveing a clean flat place to work so I clean up after myself.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Nail magnets! 06 Jun 2008 19:40 #3

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
Not just your nail ends, but the old nails from the shoes. Several years ago I was working a local dressage show when a trainer got her horse out of the stall and he was lame. She brought him to me, I found an old nail stub in his frog. I didn't like the location of it - possibly some tendon involvement- and sent her immediately to a vet clinic adjacent to the fair grounds so veterinary attention was not delayed.

To make a long story short, the horse (a quite valuable one) developed an infection that couldn't be controlled. He spent a couple weeks at a vet clinic on interveneous antibiotics as he see-sawed back and forth between killing all the good bugs in his gut and starving him and losing control of the infection. Eventually he was euthanized.

It was never known where he had picked up the nail - possibly at home before being loaded or possibly at the fairgrounds, but at her own barn, that trainer set up a special shoeing area with absolutely no shoeing outside that area. Sweepings from that area went to a dumpster. Problems are rare, but can be catastrophic.

I got my wheeled magnet at the local lumber company - carpenters lose nails also.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Nail magnets! 06 Jun 2008 22:21 #4

• Chris Rusmisel
  • Thank you received: 1
I think it is just good business to swwp up and clean up after yourself. After all if a carpenter came into your house and built you some cabinets in your kitchen wouldnt you want him to clean up?

RE:Nail magnets! 07 Jun 2008 14:56 #5

• RedRoan56
Check either Northern Tool and Equipment or Harbour Freight for a magnetic broom. That or check with your local hardware store for a small magnet-on-a-stick type device. Either one will get the nails and remains right up. The magnet on a stick should not run over $20.- at most.

RE:Nail magnets! 07 Jun 2008 15:13 #6

I think that it is just good bussiness sence pick up all nails. I have heard complaints of other farriers in my area that don't pick up nail tips. A magnet in the handle of your driving hammer is the best $5 you will spend. If you drop a nail, tip or if you need one more and they are just out of reach 'cause the horse moved away from your box, you can pick one up no sweat. It also don't put you in such a vulnerable position when you are reaching for something (a nother nail, or tip you have lost). I would be with out one.

P.S. I got mine at a hardware store and epoxyed it in. I think there was 5 or 6 magnets for $5 But you can get them from shoeing supplier

Cody
Cody Hofsommer CF

RE:Nail magnets! 07 Jun 2008 15:39 #7

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I picked one up a Home Depot a few years back. Its about 16 inches long, and 3 inches wide with a 'release' on the handle to drop the nails or related contents into a trash can. Super convenient feature. It was around 20-30 dollars.

It's good to let the kids use it and even adults ask me where it is when Im cleaning up. I get it out for them and they go to town with a smile on their face. Never knew it was so much fun. heh.

RE:Nail magnets! 07 Jun 2008 16:12 #8

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Danny Ward says the most important tool on the truck is a broom.
When I started I put a small magnet on the end of my driving hammer (still do) and have had costomers have me be the Farrier for life because they saw me pick up a nail. I had put the shoe on upside down, but the last guy gave them a flat tire so I was the hero.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Nail magnets! 08 Jun 2008 13:32 #9

HOSSBOSS, I don't know where you live but you can also find those magnets that roll across the ground at Tractor Supply Company.
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Nail magnets! 08 Jun 2008 14:14 #10

• calshoer
  • Guru
I have an old round flat magnet (like the ones that come on the sides of the hoofjack) on the end of a broomhandle. It works great. 'Old trusty' will hold onto anything, even while drug through the dirt.
I recently bought a couple of lightweight flat bar magnets (about a foot long) on expandable handles from Home Depot that are TERRIBLE. They are not strong enough to hold the nails they just picked up as you sweep the ground for more. So check the maglnet strength before you buy.
And I agree with everyone, it IS part of your job to pick up after yourself, especially nails and wringoffs.
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Nail magnets! 08 Jun 2008 23:10 #11

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
I have a magnet in the end of both my driving and finishing hammers. I also have a small magnet on either side of the saws of my nail nippers. One on the underside of the top blade and one on the other side on the bottom. Gets almost every nail end I cut. I clean the ends off the magnet after doing a few feet and it works out great.

I used to cuff my left trouser leg and then catch the nail ends as I cut them and just dumped them into the cuff. Now that I have the magnets on the nail nippers, I don't have to do that anymore. Its made a difference in how "holy" my clothes get when I forget to clean out the cuff before washing the trousers. :eek::D
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Nail magnets! 01 Jul 2008 05:13 #12

• boxnsafe
  • Thank you received: 2
just bought a "magnetic mini sweeper" made by "the magnet source". bought it at the local lumber hardware outlet. rolls on two 3" wheels, has a handle, "t"-shaped. magnetic crossbar part is "16" long piece of 1" aluminum square tube with magnets inside. very light, works a 12'x 12' area very quickly. very cool.
Chris Hadel (530)559-1160 "practice makes better" when you don't spend too much time practicing the same old mistakes

Kunena Birthday Module

• filmbak62F7 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is today
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 1 day
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 1 day
  • Soundhooves birthday is in 2 days
  • milly7i0726 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.