make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: handmades

RE:handmades 29 Dec 2011 04:02 #3016

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Haven't made many shoes in a while and very few bar shoes. I need this one for tomorrow for a horse with a broken coffin bone. Will draw clips at the horse if the shoe fits. Seems a bit big but fits the drawing/stencil I made. So we will see. Lots of things wrong or that could be better. Nail holes are bad, need to tune up punches big time. Shape is ok for the foot it is suppose to go on and it's a front not a hind. Tried to space nail holes to leave room for clips, that didn't go to well. The bar welded in one heat but I took three welding heats to make sure. Bar seems to be ok but not great. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Attachments:
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:handmades 29 Dec 2011 10:00 #3017

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Ben what size is the foot lenth and width and thewidth ofyour bar
what section did you use

and what did you cut for the foot

like to see the job when finished
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:handmades 29 Dec 2011 14:24 #3018

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Smitty, if this shoe fits and I ain't completely disgusted with the outcome I will get some pics. The foot measured 12 3/4" heel to heel, 3" across for the bar, 4 1/2" for the width, 5 7/8" for the length.

The section is 5/16 x 1 and I cut 14". I will need to narrow the shoe up a bit for it to fit still but I also need to draw a toe clip and two side clips. The hoof has a sagital articular fracture we are trying to keep stabilized. We also put a leather pad and IM under the shoe for support and then cast the foot. So far the horse is ok, I will see new xrays today to see if this will continue.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:handmades 29 Dec 2011 14:45 #3019

• smitty88
  • Guru
I will get in before Uncle Rick Why not fuller it?

yes pics would be nice to see
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:handmades 29 Dec 2011 23:33 #3020

Nice work Ben!

Smitty who is uncle rick? :confused:

Also do you feel like the shoe not being creased will effect function?
Cullen Hartman

RE:handmades 30 Dec 2011 00:51 #3021

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
Ben, I may be wrong, just a thought, but if your marks on the shoe at the heels is where you wanted to start your hockey stick, your shoe may be big because your pushing material back into your branch and not packing it in the corner.

Something I've had to work on, just make sure you keep your branch on the anvil pushing with your tong hand.

Other than the nail holes ( look a little fine). Nice shoe!
Chad Rice, CF

RE:handmades 30 Dec 2011 00:51 #3022

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Not being able to pull individual nails for shoe removal on a hoof with a fracture will be a concern.

RE:handmades 30 Dec 2011 03:10 #3023

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
Sorry Smitty, no pics. As I feared the shoe was to big. Chad your exactly right. The making of the shoe went well but paying attention to the little things screwed it up. If I had bent the bar at the marks and packed it in good it may have helped. The toe and quarters were a good fit but the back half of the shoe was way wide and long. Oh well, good practice for the night. I think it would be better to have made it at the horse though.

Smitty and Brian, no crease cause this horse doesn't seem to be in all that much pain. We can cut the clinches and pull the shoe without her even moving, and I can drive the nails with only a slight flinch at the toe nails. It doesn't seem right/possible but she is one tough horse. Barely limps when turning and only a bit in the straight when she steps on an uneven spot.

I ended up using a keg eggbar and skipped the clips cause I got six good nails and then we cast the foot after that. We put super fast on the lower part of the hoof/pad/shoe and then wrap the cast. It's a bugger to get off in a few weeks but it does stabilize/hold it all together.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:handmades 30 Dec 2011 09:35 #3024

• smitty88
  • Guru
brian robertson wrote:
Not being able to pull individual nails for shoe removal on a hoof with a fracture will be a concern.

Thats what i was thinking Brian
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:handmades 31 Dec 2011 00:47 #3025

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Ben, the TBs with fractures that I deal with, are not at all stoic. Quite often they adopt the attitude; "be careful now, 'cause if you hurt me, I'll hurt you"...

RE:handmades 31 Dec 2011 13:21 #3026

• smitty88
  • Guru
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Sorry Smitty, no pics. As I feared the shoe was to big. Chad your exactly right. The making of the shoe went well but paying attention to the little things screwed it up. If I had bent the bar at the marks and packed it in good it may have helped. The toe and quarters were a good fit but the back half of the shoe was way wide and long. Oh well, good practice for the night. I think it would be better to have made it at the horse though.

Smitty and Brian, no crease cause this horse doesn't seem to be in all that much pain. We can cut the clinches and pull the shoe without her even moving, and I can drive the nails with only a slight flinch at the toe nails. It doesn't seem right/possible but she is one tough horse. Barely limps when turning and only a bit in the straight when she steps on an uneven spot.

I ended up using a keg eggbar and skipped the clips cause I got six good nails and then we cast the foot after that. We put super fast on the lower part of the hoof/pad/shoe and then wrap the cast. It's a bugger to get off in a few weeks but it does stabilize/hold it all together.

Paying attention to shapes and measurements important
paying attention to your shoe-making tools also important (STAMP/PRITCHEL)
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:handmades 31 Dec 2011 14:53 #3027

Warming up the anvil for draft shoes.
11 3/4 in 3/8 x 3/4

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Attachments:

RE:handmades 31 Dec 2011 15:47 #3028

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
smitty88 wrote:
Paying attention to shapes and measurements important
paying attention to your shoe-making tools also important (STAMP/PRITCHEL)

Smitty, one of the things I need is a course in tool maintenance. I can get by but as you can see, things are not up to snuff. Time to find someone to show me how to keep my tools tuned up correctly.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

RE:handmades 31 Dec 2011 20:08 #3029

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
High Country Farrier wrote:
Nice work Ben!

Smitty who is uncle rick? :confused:

Also do you feel like the shoe not being creased will effect function?
Uncle Rick (Burten) prefers fullered shoes for all therapeutic work to accommodate using crease nail pullers to pull nails one at a time rather than put strain on the foot with shoe pullers. I've always fullered any shoes I build for a horse with lameness/foot problems unless it was a slider.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:handmades 11 Jan 2012 05:10 #3030

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Tried some massolettes this evening, this is the 2nd go, first one didn't have enough mass, ended up with to much source hole.

Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.