make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday May 19, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rasps and quantity

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 14:01 #16

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Joey Aczon wrote:
I'm rather meticulous about cleaning out the foot with a pick and wire brush before I start trimming. I hit the foot with the brush almost every time I have to put it down and pick it back up. I'm starting to get fewer and fewer horses done per rasp as I'm spending less time now cleaning and more time working, and I've been trying to tweak the foot a little better so I'm doing more rasping and less nipping too.
Joey, I'm confused. If your cleaning and brushing the foot like you say. Why are you getting fewer and fewer horses done per rasp. You should be getting more done not fewer.:confused:
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 14:13 #17

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
I am still using Save Edge. They seem to work ok for me. Haven't tried sharpening one, but might give it a go, see what happens.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 14:34 #18

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
I agree with Mikel.
I have tried other rasps over the last year, (with all the info on sharp verses dull).
I am still a Save Edge user.
I particularly like the "beast" but that is because of the large animals I work on.
The buffing wheel does really work and it does knock off the burrs and by cleaning out the hoof clippings, mud, debri and putting on a lite coat of oil you will increase the life of your rasps.

$14.00 for a "woods rasp" is a big savings. With most rasps selling for $18.00 to $28.00 each these days.
And if you go back over a number of posts, Woods rasps have gotten a pretty good approval from a large number of shoers.

With Mustad buying up so many companies, I wonder how long before there isn't a choice in material, quality, and assortment to chose from..
Does the word "monopoly" come to anyones mind ?
The advantage of a small company is they need good quality products to survive.
A large company needs production sales to keep exuberant bonus's going to the top people in charge.
Obviously I believe in small business. Good quality, good service and committment to a product and customer service.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 16:02 #19

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Gary_Miller wrote:
Joey, I'm confused. If your cleaning and brushing the foot like you say. Why are you getting fewer and fewer horses done per rasp. You should be getting more done not fewer.:confused:

No, I was saying that I'm not spening as much time cleaning the foot as much as I was. (trying to work a little faster without sacrificing end result / finish) I am also not trimming as close with the nippers anymore as I'm trying to rasp the foot to shape instead of nipping and just cleaning up. I'm just trying to get better, and it's costing me in rasp longevity.

This was kinda the point to me posting the thread, I wanted to see how many other guys out there are getting, as I know there are guys that are getting far more and far less than I am even with the same rasps. I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my time with all the foot cleaning to save my rasps or if I should just work quicker and eat the cost.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 16:37 #20

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
Joey, I see your using your rasp to do more of the work. I think thats Ok even though it causes more rasp wear. The plus side is you have more hoofwall to work with using the rasp so you can get a nicer end product. Its sounds like a give and take postion. Your spending a little more on rasps but getting a better job. Which in turn makes you a better farrier. In the end you will be the winner.

I've also started doing the samething I'm being a little more conservitive with the nipper use so I don't take that chance of over rasping a foot/sole to get it flat for the shoe.

Keep cleaning the foot as well as you are now doing. It will not only save on you rasps but will also save wear on your other tools as well. I also believe that you need a clean foot before you start trimming in order to see what you have and what you need to do.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 20:35 #21

• lonestar
I know one thing for sure. My free vallorbe rasp was free for a reason. Im mailing it back to ohio.
Chris Schaeffner

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 22:41 #22

• khfs
I really like the Hellers. I tried the Simonds red tang and thought they clogged up quickly. Save Edge seemed to get dull really fast. Tried the Hellers and haven't tried anything else since.

Kari
Kari Hoyer

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 22:57 #23

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
they all suck at one time or another. just depends on the "batch"

RE:Rasps and quantity 21 Mar 2008 23:02 #24

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Gary_Miller wrote:
Keep cleaning the foot as well as you are now doing. It will not only save on you rasps but will also save wear on your other tools as well. I also believe that you need a clean foot before you start trimming in order to see what you have and what you need to do.
Guys,
In addition to cleaning the hoof really well before touching it with a sharp tool it is very important to keep your sharp tools located separate in your box. The trim rasp lasts best if it is kept in a leather sheath so it never contacts the other tools in the box. This way the life of the rasp is extended almost indef.
John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:Rasps and quantity 22 Mar 2008 00:15 #25

• TLowe2012
Just got a new box of Simmonds red tangs from where ever they are coming for now and am really happy with them. Hope I didn't just get lucky and they stay this way.

Joey, I use a wire brush alot too. Shoeing in the shed rows at the race track they always seem to be wet. Get about 10-12 horses out of one before I switch it to my finish rasp.

Tony

RE:Rasps and quantity 22 Mar 2008 03:15 #26

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
I'll echo what Bo and Ron said about the Wood Miller rasps.... I've used them for a while now and they work well for me

Also, I have found that if I can get myself to slow down while using my nippers (which aint easy) my rasping time is less.... time well spent

Accurately nipping the feet as opposed to micro-reducing the foot 1/32" at a time with the rasp pays big dividends in time, rasp wear, and shoulder/elbow wear which is hard to put a price on ... easier said than done, huh ? :eek:

Derin

RE:Rasps and quantity 22 Mar 2008 05:02 #27

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Derin Foor wrote:
Accurately nipping the feet as opposed to micro-reducing the foot 1/32" at a time with the rasp pays big dividends in time, rasp wear, and shoulder/elbow wear which is hard to put a price on ... easier said than done, huh ? :eek:

Derin

Derin, I'm only nipping like an 1/8" less. So I'm not all too worried about excessive wear.

At one point I rarely used the coarse side, because my mentor called me sloppy with the nippers and I got to where I could almost cold set a shoe without a rasp. (absolutely could burn em on well enough though:D)

I've changed alot about my trimming since then though, and I'm actually having to work around the frog, instead of over it, thus more rasping overall.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:Rasps and quantity 22 Mar 2008 06:17 #28

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Maybe I'm not using my rasp as much. First I use the wirebrush a lot which helps. When shoeing, I hot set most, so I don't worry initially about 100% flat. I use the first setting of the shoe to spot my high/low spots, then will do a little file work from there. Then will come back with a final hotset, which is good. Works for me.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Rasps and quantity 16 Apr 2009 19:46 #29

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Does anyone know if save edge have given any info about the rasps??

I have gone through a box of 6 .only 2 seem to be any good ..what is going on?????

Ray knightley farrier Germany.

RE:Rasps and quantity 16 Apr 2009 19:56 #30

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
beslagsmed wrote:
Maybe I'm not using my rasp as much. First I use the wirebrush a lot which helps. When shoeing, I hot set most, so I don't worry initially about 100% flat. I use the first setting of the shoe to spot my high/low spots, then will do a little file work from there. Then will come back with a final hotset, which is good. Works for me.

not good Mikel:eek:
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• Jan99504 birthday is today
  • milly7i0726 birthday is today
  • spotteddrafter1 birthday is today
  • Grentell farrier service birthday is in 1 day
  • JennieMs3631 birthday is in 364 days
  • jhesse66 birthday is in 364 days
  • Leftys Anvil birthday is in 364 days
  • LucksBFA6 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.