make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday September 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No title

No title 25 Sep 2004 12:37 #1

• shoesofiron
  • Contributing Member
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE: 25 Sep 2004 14:11 #2

I think the important thing is the "vet wants you to shoe the horse at the clinic" If it is not necessary, then you should charge what is normal for your consultation and regular shoeing fees, and not worry about the vets cut. I think in these situations the vet is charging for the consultation anyway. I don't work in any clinics on a regular basis but, I can't see how that would be much different than you and the vet meeting at the clients barn, he charges for what he does and you charge for what you charge. I do know a couple of vets that charge extra for having the farrier use thier clinic but that goes directly to the clients and doesn't involve the farrier at all. I also know a farrier that has drive in and drop off clients at a vet clinic. Nothing necessarily wrong with the horse just convienient to both parties and he pays the vet I believe 5 or 10% for a "rental of space" fee. I think it works good but the vet wasn't very well liked by other farriers for awhile.
If there is something wrong with the horse in question then I believe you should charge not only your regular charges but also for consulting with the vet. It takes time to look at x-rays and have a cup of coffee and ask how the docs golf game is.lol
good luck
Dave :cool:
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE: 25 Sep 2004 14:16 #3

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
9/25/04

Scott,

I figure that my shoeing/trimming price is for shoeing/trimming. If I travel extra ,I charge.If the horse is unruly, I charge extra. If I have to wait around for the horse to be caught, I charge xtra. clips,pads,studs etc,Extra. I feel the same about being at the vets,or working with the vet.If I get there and he or she says do such and such and it takes no more time than normal and is not out of my way I charge regular,any thing else and I use the X word. If we think about it extra is the wrong word, because we,re selling our time and energy, if the consumer uses more of it ,it costs the same per unit,just more of it.

Ray Steele

RE: 25 Sep 2004 23:48 #4

• calshoer
  • Guru
I usually don't charge extra to meet the client at the vet clinic rather than at the client's place, as long as it isn't a last minute change in schedule thing that takes me out of my original driving direction and thereby messes up my schedule. I really liked working at the vet university farrier shop one or two days a week in California because I got to do difficult cases I might never have otherwise seen in the field.
Unfortunately here in rural Colorado most of the field vets do not have clinics but are just working out of their trucks.
I normally LIKE working in a clinic a lot, and therefore find it a treat rather than a chore when I can.
First, it is usually requested to be there because the vet wants to do hoof alignment Xrays for the shoeing, before and after, and sometimes in the middle to check the bone column alignment and medial lateral balance internally. Or they want to do clinical exam before and after the theraputic shoeing is applied to see how it is going to work. Getting those Xrays on the spot on so many cases has helped me so much to be able to "dial in" the internal hoof balance and breakover etc by learning to see better the relationship between the coffin bone and the outer hoof structures. And recognize subtle hoof distortion that may be throwing me off a bit. So often I THOUGHT I had breakover at say a quater inch ahead of P3 , but a quick "after" shoeing Xray revealed it was still a quarter or a half inch too far forward. In that case I could pull the shoe and set it accurately before the horse went home. Working in a clinic with a vet who is on the same track like that is one of my favorite opportunities. Unless you get to see LOTS of Xrays of the feet you are working on, mapping out those foot parameters is a harder thing to learn. I take the clinic opportunties as as 'free schooling'. It keeps me dialed in.
As well, there are those handy dandy sedatives readily available for that nervous horseand I like to work on sleepy horses when the feet have comlicated problems.
And the clients become dedicated, lifelong clients when they know you are willing to put in that extra effort to be at the clinic and work as a hands on team with the vet.

I like doing it so much personally I don't usually charge extra for a clinic visit but I suppose I should. Time is valuable, especially if the clinic was a long way away or I spend a couple of extra hours there waiting for diagnostics etc. . Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE: 26 Sep 2004 14:23 #5

The problem with most farriery practices is they do not opperate on an hourly rate and add materials to this. Most of us rely on a sumise of what we think the client will pay, irrespective of the actual costs to us for completeing the work.
Our practice carried out a study of all the work we completed for our regular clients. (not refferrals) This study took us one year to complete. The things we looked at were, The distance to the client, return journey, The materials we used and the time each horse took to shoe/trim. We found out that there is a maximum distance that is proffitable for us to travel and 30% of our clients did not make us enough proffit to continue their work, thus we replaced these clients with profitable work.
I have been the resident farrier at two equine hospitals and run a farrier / vet referral practice, here in the UK. Most of our refferals either come into our own practice or at on of the two hospitals. we charge a visit fee, return, to each visit, whether this is to a vets or the clints place, (based on a combination of the vehicle running costs per mile and our hourly fee) however we do split the fee between the number of cases we work on. Clients will expect to pay for the time you spend in solving the horses problems and comminicating with both the vet and them, explaining exactly what you are doing. People do not respect either you or your work unless you present yourself in a professional way and are capable of solving the existing problems with their horse. Also if you do not charge a fee that is sufficient, two things happen. 1/ You will not put your all into the job and may become resentful about doing it. 2/ A small fee suggests incompetance when compared to other professions and the client will not respect your professional ability and time. Almost every time I have compromised my fees to soften the impact to the client, people do not respect the work and do not do as they have been instructed. The client then expects you to maintain the case at your expense, because they do not respect you as a professional person.
I do not think that I have all the answers but rember, in the business world, 30% proffit margin is considered SURVIVAL! thus you need to rember we can all work for nothing, the trick is not just to survive but to make a proffit. Good luck in your work and rember, we owe it to our equine friends not to cheat (or cheap) them out of the soundness they deserve.
David.

RE: 26 Sep 2004 18:29 #6

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Scott,
All of the above was well said.
I figure a normal shoeing is normal whrerever it is. Like Patty, I enjoy working around the Vet's place. If there are delays from other patients (or more likley their ****** owners), or as you put it "standing around and consulting" then I charge as I would if I was at their stable and was delayed by something.

I remember a post from the old boards on this subject kinda, the fellow said if an former client who had dumped him for his high prices had to have him meet them at the Vet's for sepical work, the phrase "winning the lottery" was used.
My $0.02,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

Kunena Birthday Module

• clearhillsfarrier birthday is today
  • Creager7850 birthday is today
  • lindar131 birthday is today
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 1 day
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 1 day
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 1 day
  • vanderblij birthday is in 1 day
  • Viking farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • newyearsbaby05 birthday is in 363 days
  • Rancho JD birthday is in 364 days
  • Tony Dunagan birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.