make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday November 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shoe Board

Shoe Board 27 Aug 2006 19:09 #1

• NHFarrier
What kind of shoes did you use on your shoe board for AFA certification? Does it make a difference in width, type, brand, style etc? I didn't do very well on my first shoe board. I think it may be because I used a thinner webbed shoe.

Amy
Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Shoe Board 27 Aug 2006 19:53 #2

• Mike Bailey
I used XTRA EZ I don't use them normaly but they where cheap enough, but it should not make a differance what you use if your mods are good.
keep at it because every time is a learning experiance.
Good Luck
Mike
Mike Bailey, CJF

"If your not part of the solution,than your part of the problem." Dr. Chick Gandel

Plan for success, Be prepared for failure

RE:Shoe Board 27 Aug 2006 20:28 #3

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
how MANY MODS AND WHAT ARE THEY YOU HAD TO DO
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Shoe Board 27 Aug 2006 20:34 #4

• Mike Bailey
The list is at americanfarriers.org under certifaction, I took the test 6 years ago and can not remember them all off the top of my head.
Mike
Mike Bailey, CJF

"If your not part of the solution,than your part of the problem." Dr. Chick Gandel

Plan for success, Be prepared for failure

RE:Shoe Board 27 Aug 2006 21:34 #5

• NHFarrier
I normally used Extra EZ and Kerk DX8, so I'll probably go with one of those. It seemed like everyone I tested with had St Croix's...I had used Nordic Forge shoes.
Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes.

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 03:41 #6

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
I ask the testers after my first attempt and they advised me that they wanted to see St.Croix lite plains with a 5 SB capewell nail. So I punched out another display and went to NM and after passing I ask what suggestions they had for sucessful displays. They advised any shoe with good modifications with a nail that fit properly, flat, level, and so forth. Hmm sounded reasonable.

So I ask why the testers in TEXAS wanted to see St. Croix lite plains. The New Mexicans said it sounded crazy to them because the lite plains were a little more difficult to get some of the modificaions on sucessfully.

I have worked with several folks that were building displays and the Xtra EZ worked out well.

Get with someone who has passed and get them to walk you thru and use all of the comments and critisms of the testers when they evaluated your other display.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 03:55 #7

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
You want to use shoes with good nail holes and make sure that you back punch and pitch the nail holes. I used St. Croix Lights. All front patterns must fit the same foot and all hind patterns must fit the same foot. The patterns need to be shaped like a normal foot - not the standard out of the box pattern.

Mods:
Square toe
rocker toe
rolled toe
toe clip
quarter clips
extended heels
trailer
straight bar
method of raising heels
pad affixed to shoe
two kinds of traction divices
punched nail hole

I think I got 'em all. You can combine modifications on a single shoe. I had:
1. a rolled toe straight bar shoe with a riveted wedge pad and drive in studs.
2. a rocker toe shoe.
3. a front shoe with toe clip and drilltex dots brazed on the heels.
4. a square toe hind with trailer, quarter clips, and a punched nail hole.
5. a hind shoe with extended heels.

So I combined 13 modifications on 5 shoes. The combined modifications have to make sense. The rocker toe, square toe, extended heels, clips, and trailers tend to be the mods that kill it for most people. 'nuther words, your forge work needs to be good and crisp. It helps to have several people who have already passed review your display before you submit it for testing.

Post pictures and we'll help you out. :)
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 12:37 #8

• smitty88
  • Guru
if you made the 5 shoes with all the extras
is this allowed

or do you have to use machine shoes to make mods
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 13:04 #9

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
smitty88 wrote:
if you made the 5 shoes with all the extras
is this allowed

or do you have to use machine shoes to make mods
The shoescan be hand made if you want. Or they can be both hand made and keg shoe combination. They can also be diffrent manufactured shoes. They just all have to fit the same hoof pattern for fronts and hinds.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 13:13 #10

• smitty88
  • Guru
why does it have to be the same hoof patern
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 14:36 #11

To prove that not only can you make the modification, but you can also make it and shape the shoe to fit a hoof. Many people can make the modifications but completely lose the shape of the shoe in the process, once they reshape the shoe, they again lose the modification.

I had made handmade shoes for one of my attempts and took them to a local guy that is an examiner for him to critique before I went to the certification. He said they were pretty nice but would advise against taking handmades since the handmades give the examiner many other things to grade. Nail hole placement and such. Basically they would grade the shoe much like a contest. Not just usability.

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:Shoe Board 28 Aug 2006 23:18 #12

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
The kerk standard rim shoe is a good one to use. It's a pretty bad idea to use the sx8 (can't remember what the ez looks like), the hind pattern definately isn't made for a perimeter fit. You can easily take the blunt toe out of it, but why make so much work for yourself.

The best thing to do is get with an examiner to see exactly what is expected from you. Elsbree was doing some clinics at his house, specifically for testing.

I found the toughest part of all levels of the test was properly dressing feet. Trnka and Fergeson both give excellent cllinics on dressing feet. Once you can dress a nice foot, the rest of the test is a piece of cake. Including the shoe display.

RE:Shoe Board 29 Aug 2006 12:37 #13

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
tbloomer wrote:
You can combine modifications on a single shoe. I had:
This shoe could have gotten you stopped because adding traction to a the****utic shoe such as this one is would have been questioned by many of the testers/examiners. With your gift of gab :), I have no doubt you were able to offer a plausible defense for the mods on this shoe.JHShoeing wrote:
I ask the testers after my first attempt and they advised me that they wanted to see St.Croix lite plains with a 5 SB capewell nail.
It is not the tester's/eaminer's call. The shoes are to be appropriate for the size foot pattern to which they are fit. It was presumptuous and incorrect for the testers to have pre-conceived ideas about what stock dimensions and nail size are correct. The tester up-grades were supposed to resolve this(along with other)issue. Obviously, not everyone is either paying attention or getting the message.smmitty88 wrote:
why does it have to be the same hoof patern
Each front shoe and each hind shoe is made to the same pattern because each shoe is judged as to how it fits one foot. And that foot is the same for each shoe.

The danger of making multiple modifications to a shoe is that if one of the mods is not correct, then you are going to get stopped. More importantly, when you are building the shoes, you can have a really good modification made and then when you add the second or third, you screw it up and have to start again with making a multiple modification shoe.

At the certification, the tester can only require you to reproduce one modification on a shoe to fit a hoof pattern that the tester supplies., when if the shoe had only one mod with some minor questionability, you might be able to get by with it and then be asked to reproduce a shoe with that modification, for the tester. This becomes important since the overall quality of the shoe is also taken into consideration.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Shoe Board 29 Aug 2006 20:33 #14

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
Jeff ,

I screwed this up when I went to reply to you. I'm going to try to highlite your original post . Sorry, I'm having a really bad day. :(

JH wrote:
Rick

Could you explain this to me, I think I missed something.

At the certification, the tester can only require you to reproduce one modification on a shoe to fit a hoof pattern that the tester supplies., when if the shoe had only one mod with some minor questionability, you might be able to get by with it and then be asked to reproduce a shoe with that modification, for the tester. This becomes important since the overall quality of the shoe is also taken into consideration.
RB reply: Sure. Lets say you have a square toe-d, extended heel, quarter clipped shoe and the clip is marginal for one reason or another, and the square toe is OK, but.... , etc. That shoe is probably going to get you stopped. However, If the shoe had only the clips and lets say the tester felt the source hole was too big, or the clip dimensions a little off, but it was obvious that you knew what you were doing, then the tester might very well pass the shoe and if there were no other shoes with 'issues', as you to produce that modification on site.
I have seen Testers ask for a shoe with 2-3 modifications on it. And some only ask for 1. I wondered if they were trying to get questionable modifications cleaned up?
RB reply: AFA Certification Study Guide,p.11 "Certified Farrier Horseshoe Display General Guidelines" paragraph 6: Candidates will make ONE modification--fit to an assigned pattern--at the test site. The time limit for this demonstration is 30 minutes, and the Examiner will assign the modification and foot pattern"

Every candidate should have a copy of this booklet. And they need to know it 'chapter and verse'. In fact, a candidate should have the booklet with him/her when s/he stands for the certification. That way, the candidate will not be bamboozled or otherwise put upon by those officiatiing the certification.

Again, My apologies Jeff. You may feel free to take a piece of my hide.
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:Shoe Board 29 Aug 2006 20:34 #15

• smitty88
  • Guru
tbloomer wrote:
You want to use shoes with good nail holes and make sure that you back punch and pitch the nail holes. I used St. Croix Lights. All front patterns must fit the same foot and all hind patterns must fit the same foot. The patterns need to be shaped like a normal foot - not the standard out of the box pattern.

Mods:
Square toe
rocker toe
rolled toe
toe clip
quarter clips
extended heels
trailer
straight bar
method of raising heels
pad affixed to shoe
two kinds of traction divices
punched nail hole

I think I got 'em all. You can combine modifications on a single shoe. I had:
2. a rocker toe shoe.
3. a front shoe with toe clip and drilltex dots brazed on the heels.
4. a square toe hind with trailer, quarter clips, and a punched nail hole.
5. a hind shoe with extended heels.

So I combined 13 modifications on 5 shoes. The combined modifications have to make sense. The rocker toe, square toe, extended heels, clips, and trailers tend to be the mods that kill it for most people. 'nuther words, your forge work needs to be good and crisp. It helps to have several people who have already passed review your display before you submit it for testing.

Post pictures and we'll help you out. :)

if every body was doing 6 to 8 a day how many of these mods
that Tom mentioned would you be putting into practice

on a daly basis per horse
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Jim Johnson birthday is today
  • Micki Ollman birthday is today
  • farrierservice birthday is in 1 day
  • Michelle McCall birthday is in 1 day
  • painted trails birthday is in 1 day
  • steveaskew74@hotmail.co.u birthday is in 1 day
  • Telle9330 birthday is in 1 day
  • In Alberta birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.