make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday September 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Study Questions

Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 04:41 #1

• Skinfaxi
I have been reading alot of things. Research papers to practical advice and I would really like to get a solid understanding of mechanics when a shoe is applied, wegdes, pathologies...er...everything. Right now(lol). I'm getting a little frazzled jumping around on subjects.

If anyone could give me specific subjects to study that might help me be better prepared for school, so I might make optimal use of it; or for immediately after school in regards to taking on a few clients and being of use to a master(if/when I find one)

I guess, I'm asking what was one or two things you wish you understood a little better when you set out?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 04:56 #2

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Sarah,
Do you have a copy of Dr. Butlers book? It will in all likelihood be the thing they use at the school you go to.

His new edition looks good but at this point I would suggest getting a used copy of his second edition somewhere. The new one is pretty pricey and for what you need to learn the second edition I think will suffice.

Another really good thing to have which is real cheap real good is the army manual. It was an old military TM manual printed by the war department. In it's civilian version its called simply "The Horseshoer". Is informative and interesting.

These 2 things will give you a good jump on what you'll need to know.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 05:04 #3

• Rancho JD
when i went to school nobody in the class knew what P3 meant or much of anything else pertaining to anatomy. i guess you cant get enough anatomy study
Hit on 16 stand on 17 and split those aces, merry christmas!
'panhandler' Reno, Nevada.

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 05:17 #4

Get a gym membership. If your physical fitness & strength isn't there, you can't be under as many horses or have the focus you need. Focus on strengthening your core.
Cordell Rogers
CPA, MAcc, not yet CF

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 08:24 #5

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
George Geist wrote:
Sarah,
Do you have a copy of Dr. Butlers book? It will in all likelihood be the thing they use at the school you go to.

His new edition looks good but at this point I would suggest getting a used copy of his second edition somewhere. The new one is pretty pricey and for what you need to learn the second edition I think will suffice.

Another really good thing to have which is real cheap real good is the army manual. It was an old military TM manual printed by the war department. In it's civilian version its called simply "The Horseshoer". Is informative and interesting.

These 2 things will give you a good jump on what you'll need to know.
George

I went out and bought the new book. I am glad I did. And you know what - it didn't even hurt. Just do it. If you are starting out, spend the money and get it. Better now than later.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 14:00 #6

• calshoer
  • Guru
Knowing the anatomy is going be the basis of everything else in hoof biomechanics. So if you want a head start, learn all the parts in the lower leg, how and where each one attaches to what, and what moves what. (in otherwords, what the extensor tendon does, what the deep flexor tendon does and so on) If you understand that, then you will understand the rest a lot easier.
I don't use Butlers book in my class.
Although the anatomy and forging sections are indeed very informative, too much of the the hoof balancing and biomechanical parts have been challenged by newer research in the last ten or so years. I don't want my students getting confused by those outdated parts since I teach newer hoof prep and balancing methods, ( UST, NB) and hoof balancing is the most critical part of a correct shoeing.
The last instructor of my class (before me) used Butler's book but told the class to read the anatomy parts and forging techniques, but to ignore the rest. But that's a waste of money for the students so I use a selection of smaller more specific texts and videos. , and a lot of my own handouts. .
Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 17:45 #7

• beslagsmed
  • Master
calshoer wrote:
Knowing the anatomy is going be the basis of everything else in hoof biomechanics. So if you want a head start, learn all the parts in the lower leg, how and where each one attaches to what, and what moves what. (in otherwords, what the extensor tendon does, what the deep flexor tendon does and so on) If you understand that, then you will understand the rest a lot easier.
I don't use Butlers book in my class.
Although the anatomy and forging sections are indeed very informative, too much of the the hoof balancing and biomechanical parts have been challenged by newer research in the last ten or so years. I don't want my students getting confused by those outdated parts since I teach newer hoof prep and balancing methods, ( UST, NB) and hoof balancing is the most critical part of a correct shoeing.
The last instructor of my class (before me) used Butler's book but told the class to read the anatomy parts and forging techniques, but to ignore the rest. But that's a waste of money for the students so I use a selection of smaller more specific texts and videos. , and a lot of my own handouts. .
Patty

Patty,
Can you make some good recomendations to me on material you use? Always open minded.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 20:40 #8

• mbetteridge
When I was studing for all my tests at school, I would go through my book and write down a bunch of questions, and then write down the answers. For me, writing everything down helped it stick in my head. I had my own study guides everywhere and my husband, who is a truck driver, would take a copy with him and every night when we talked, he would quiz me. I did this for each chapter, and I think my lowest written test score was 93%. The forging tests gave me troubles, mostley the handmade shoes, but i've been trying to practice in my free time and I think (I could be wrong, but I tell myself i'm not) that i'm getting better at it. I am also studieing this way for the certification testing. You never know exactley what questions will be on the test, so I just study for everything.

Michele

RE:Study Questions 14 Aug 2006 22:43 #9

• Skinfaxi
Ok, thanks everyone. I'll just make up some quizzes for myself. Anyone can find lots of in-depth anatomy online, so thats an easy one. Forging...I might get Butlers book for that. I have read other text on forging, and it always just leaves me with alot of questions and no one to ask right then. I'm a learn-by-doing person to a greater extent.

Is Butler's book clear and well written enough to be worth the $$ compared to other books?

Cordell- I went to the Y, but it is small and only had cardio stuff and aerobics/karate classes. I can do cardio at home and I do. I started to lift free weights and am on a diet. I'm already stronger than all the girls I know...but that doesn't say much. :o
It was an old military TM manual printed by the war department. In it's civilian version its called simply "The Horseshoer". Is informative and interesting

That does sound interesting...I'll look for it.

RE:Study Questions 15 Aug 2006 01:28 #10

• mbetteridge
Skinfaxi wrote:
Ok, thanks everyone. I'll just make up some quizzes for myself. Anyone can find lots of in-depth anatomy online, so thats an easy one. Forging...I might get Butlers book for that. I have read other text on forging, and it always just leaves me with alot of questions and no one to ask right then. I'm a learn-by-doing person to a greater extent.

Is Butler's book clear and well written enough to be worth the $$ compared to other books?

I found that with the forging part, no amount of reading helped me. My teacher is really great and would just keep showing me and I would keep practicing and then all of the sudden it would just click. Butlers book, I think, is great. It was also included in my tuiton for the school, check with where you're going, they may provide it, if not, they might require it.

RE:Study Questions 15 Aug 2006 01:56 #11

• Skinfaxi
I found that with the forging part, no amount of reading helped me. My teacher is really great and would just keep showing me and I would keep practicing and then all of the sudden it would just click. Butlers book, I think, is great. It was also included in my tuiton for the school, check with where you're going, they may provide it, if not, they might require it.

It is strongly suggested reading. I'm going to buy a used copy of Principles 2. I don't think horses have evolved much in 20 years.
The school has copies there, and other material for study.

RE:Study Questions 15 Aug 2006 02:47 #12

• beslagsmed
  • Master
Sara,
Where and when are you headed to school?

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Study Questions 15 Aug 2006 02:54 #13

• Skinfaxi
I'm going to Shurshod in Missouri for 4 :( weeks. I leave Sept. 24 :D

RE:Study Questions 15 Aug 2006 03:23 #14

• Donnie Walker
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
I believe anatomy is crucial, otherwise you will not understand the importance of the procedures you perform on a hoof. Hopefully the school will teach it in detail. Call 800.553.2400 and get a CD of the Distal Limb. It will help you immensly. I have a recent graduate working part time that did not receive any anatomy instruction in a 6 week course, thus compromising his confidence level. Get a jump on the rest of the class and good luck.

RE:Study Questions 15 Aug 2006 03:50 #15

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Any farrier school worth attending should provide you with the opportunity to dissect several hoof cadavers. Having a guided tour on the first dissection is very important. There is no substitute for the real thing. :)
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Dennis Peveto birthday is today
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • Robyn Beane birthday is today
  • vanderblij birthday is today
  • Viking farrier birthday is today
  • irideazippo birthday is in 1 day
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is in 1 day
  • RidingGrace birthday is in 1 day
  • clearhillsfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Creager7850 birthday is in 364 days
  • lindar131 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.