make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday September 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Business Card

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 14:53 #16

Skinfaxi wrote:
Well, I will do drafts that STAND. I charge a training fee for everytime the fighting is excessive/unnecessary. Drafts would unquestionably require MY standard of "good for the farrier". Before anyone says it, I leave if the horse is too rank. Not gonna kill myself. This applies to drafts. They need hoofcare too. We have a few handfuls around(belgian, percheron and percheronX) and I would use a hoof stand for them. I figured it wouldn't hurt, but if you look Phil, the prudent advice give here has inspired me to remove it, and other text.

I like your logo Mikel

Drafts are a specialty on there own. We have farriers up here that only do Drafts. Your right they also need hoof care, problem is some people owne them and have no clue how difficult this is on the farrier and not willing to pay. The professional Draft shoers up my way use stocks. There is a father and son with mobile stocks. I refer all the Drafts to Draft horse shoers barfoot or not. I like my back and toes. Even a good Draft that stands well can't stand too long on three legs.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 14:56 #17

• Skinfaxi
Drafts are a specialty on there own. We have farriers up here that only do Drafts. Your right they also need hoof care, problem is some people owne them and have no clue how difficult this is on the farrier and not willing to pay. The professional Draft shoers up my way use stocks. There is a father and son with mobile stocks. I refer all the Drafts to Draft horse shoers barfoot or not. I like my back and toes. Even a good Draft that stands well can't stand too long on three legs.

I will keep that in mind. If I do a few, I guess I'll find out quick if I like it or hate it. I have access to stocks......

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 15:06 #18

Skinfaxi wrote:
I will keep that in mind. If I do a few, I guess I'll find out quick if I like it or hate it. I have access to stocks......

Have you rode with a Draft shoer? The Draft shoers I know, love what they do. I remember the first Draft I shod, went to put the shoe in the forge and had to heat it one half at a time. It is rewarding to say you have shod a draft front and hind. Once is enough for me. There is plenty of buisness for Draft shoers, but learn from a seasoned professional.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 15:26 #19

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Card is getting better and better. Consider putting your "next appt." on the back side of the card.

I'm with Derin on the 'corrective' and 'ther-a-peutic' verbage.

What my card says(in smallish print) is: "Trimming and shoeing for the normal or pathological hoof and limb"

That way I don't have to say a word about 'hot' or 'cold' or 'corrective' or 'ther-a-peutic' etc.

Since I am a member of the Guild and The AFA, I have their logos on my card.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 15:38 #20

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Aw!! come-on folks, Drafts aren't all that bad.
I know too many farriers who carry tranq's to do riding horses who won't stand-bite- jump all over "and over the farrier" to boot.

Just look at them as a larger work table to ploy your trade on.

Quite seriously, We all know it isn't so much the horse, mini to the largest draft that is the problem. It is the horse owners and stabvle folks who handle these animals.
I have said it before and will say it again. Let me meet and talk with the owner or handler of the animal I am going to work on for a few minutes and I can most often tell you how the anuimal is goin g to behave/react.
(it also is the level of horse handling skill the individual farrier has, along with the amount of patience the farrier has that will dictate how the animal is going to behave.) and yes there are a few horses that are just pukes to work on.

I think every shoer should have 4 or 5 drafts on their customer list.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 16:26 #21

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Skinfaxi wrote:
Well, I will do drafts that STAND. I charge a training fee for everytime the fighting is excessive/unnecessary. Drafts would unquestionably require MY standard of "good for the farrier". Before anyone says it, I leave if the horse is too rank. Not gonna kill myself. This applies to drafts. They need hoofcare too. We have a few handfuls around(belgian, percheron and percheronX) and I would use a hoof stand for them. I figured it wouldn't hurt, but if you look Phil, the prudent advice give here has inspired me to remove it, and other text.

I like your logo Mikel

Thanks Sara,
One thing I know. If you like doing drafts(is that horses or beer?) the word will get out fast enough. I think the idea of putting the appointment time on the back is good, probably will do that for the next ones I make. You might also think about putting the draft add on the back. One thing I know is keep the face of the card as clean and simple as possible.

The reason I did that logo is I haven't seen any around here like it - it is different. This way it stands out and people will relate to that fast as an eye catcher.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 17:00 #22

vthorseshoe wrote:
Aw!! come-on folks, Drafts aren't all that bad.
I know too many farriers who carry tranq's to do riding horses who won't stand-bite- jump all over "and over the farrier" to boot.

Just look at them as a larger work table to ploy your trade on.

Quite seriously, We all know it isn't so much the horse, mini to the largest draft that is the problem. It is the horse owners and stabvle folks who handle these animals.
I have said it before and will say it again. Let me meet and talk with the owner or handler of the animal I am going to work on for a few minutes and I can most often tell you how the anuimal is goin g to behave/react.
(it also is the level of horse handling skill the individual farrier has, along with the amount of patience the farrier has that will dictate how the animal is going to behave.) and yes there are a few horses that are just pukes to work on.

I think every shoer should have 4 or 5 drafts on their customer list.

Your right Bruce Drafts are horses to. However from a buisness sense, I think the farrier trade has specialties and each one requires a different setup and materials. I don't know about everyone elses but it is uneconomical for me to be properly set up and stocked for each specialty. JMHO

I also think you doing any specialty a disservice if your a jack of all trades and a master of none. Again JMHO
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 17:54 #23

Skinfaxi wrote:
Ok last shot. :)

I like it. Plane, simple and to the point.

The next appointment idea is great. I put my next appointment date and time on my invoices. Since I require that someone be present for me to work there is always someone there to sign the invoice. On the invoice are my terms of service and an outline for my fees in re missed or late canceled appointments. Doing this saves all the arguing when I send them a bill for missing an appointment. :cool:
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 20:22 #24

• Skinfaxi
Thanks everyone, for the help. This is what I'm going with. Just gotta get it to the printshop.

Next Appointment on the back. Perhaps when I specialize I'll add a small line to the back stating what that is. I read somewhere(Chris Gregory book? or here maybe) that if your card is also an appointment reminder, pretty soon you reg. clients have enough laying around to pass them out for you. Pretty good idea.

As for Drafts, I have heard over and over that a horse is a horse. I belive that it is true. I'll just have to get good and quick. And buy a wide face anvil.

I look forward to adding RMF behind my name one day :D .

Oh! and Mikel, it isn't the beer sort of draft, as I don't care for cattle pond water. For more info read Jayes "research" thread. ;)

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 21:07 #25

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Sarah,

Are you going to put the 'next appointment' on the back of the card? If printing costs for that are too expensive, you can get a rubber stamp made and just use it to pre-stamp the back of the cards.

Also, have you considered using "Farrier Service" rather than "Horseshoeing Service"?

Regardless, you done good!
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:My Business Card 12 Aug 2006 21:21 #26

• Skinfaxi
I tried your suggestion above Rick. I think it makes having farrier after my name sound redundant...so scratch the one after my name?

I am sure that printing on the back of the card would raise the price considerably. I hadn't thought of a rubber stamp, that is a great idea, and I can use it on non-personalized invoices too. We have a craft place just a town over that sells lots of stamps.

Oh! and thank for the compliments. I am very pleased with my logo.

RE:My Business Card 13 Aug 2006 06:03 #27

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Skinfaxi wrote:
I tried your suggestion above Rick. I think it makes having farrier after my name sound redundant...so scratch the one after my name?

I am sure that printing on the back of the card would raise the price considerably. I hadn't thought of a rubber stamp, that is a great idea, and I can use it on non-personalized invoices too. We have a craft place just a town over that sells lots of stamps.

Oh! and thank for the compliments. I am very pleased with my logo.

Sara,
I know you got a computer, got a printer? I print my own. That way I can make my own changes how I like, when I like and the cost is low. No extra charges for printing on the back.

Great looking card - no fuss no muss and gets the point across.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:My Business Card 13 Aug 2006 06:39 #28

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
beslagsmed wrote:
Great looking card - ......Mikel

Great Looking hair there, looks a lot ike we'uns!!!:D

RE:My Business Card 13 Aug 2006 07:05 #29

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
sarah my advice to you what ever you put on the card
keep it simple

never used them my self
i think the best way to get your name known and get extra work

and get the better customers
put all your energy into trying to do good work

it worked for me

the best of luck in your long road ahead
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:My Business Card 10 Nov 2006 17:48 #30

hey sarah,
fancy bumping into you here!! good to see your getting stuck in. Nice card, can you help me with mine?!
paul- Holland

Kunena Birthday Module

• clearhillsfarrier birthday is today
  • Creager7850 birthday is today
  • lindar131 birthday is today
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 1 day
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 1 day
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 1 day
  • vanderblij birthday is in 1 day
  • Viking farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • irideazippo birthday is in 2 days
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is in 2 days
  • RidingGrace birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.