make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business

Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 05 Jul 2006 15:08 #1

• holden_cj
Is it profitable/possible and what are some ways to do this? My idea is 3-4 farriers two trucks Large farms all 4 farries go and then smaller farms 2 teams go to seperate farms. And i also would like to get into race horse plateing and large show barns not only in Pa where i live but also OH, VA, WV, DE, MD NY possible follow any horses we pick up to where ever they go for the winter season, shows, races. Also would possible get into brood facilities. Also one guy i have in mind along with myself are Equine Dentists (went to school) and we would offer teeth and feet. That is my idea and a dream and my mentoir always told me when it came to shoeing horses you need to know where you want to get to and i am young and full of **** and viniger and have a heck of a drive to do this work. And I am really into conintuing my farrier education and certification. So my question is to anyone who owns a multi-farrier company and also you weathered farriers out there who have good advice but will not give it unless asked so i am asking. Do you think something like this could work and also if you are in those states that i had mentioned maybe you could give me some insight on prospects in those states. Thank you all and keep'um upright.

Cody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 05 Jul 2006 15:52 #2

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
There's a fellow I know in the MFA that owns a multi farrier business. His name is Tom Parris. He's on the AFA site. He'd probabley be happy to help you with the ins and outs. He's a preacher but don't let him fool ya. From what I hear he was pretty onry back in the day.

Andrew Grimm
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 05 Jul 2006 16:20 #3

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Cody,
Sounds like a plan. Chester County Farrier Associates is a successful multi-farrier business in Pennsylvania. Obviously there would be differences to doing business that way than as a sole proprietor. I'm sure some of our business experts like Brian, Cordell, or others could give details about that.

For Equine Dentistry you'll need to check the laws of wherever you want to operate. The Pennsylvania vet practice law has made that impossible to do outside of the direct supervision or employment of a veterinarian. Penalties are quite harsh. Horse Dentists have been arrested and fined $1000 per occurrence. The saddest part of this has been that the ones being reported to authorities are often being reported by those former colleagues who are no longer working.

For Race Horses although you can certainly do whatever you want out on the farms I dont see such a scenario happening on race tracks. There are many more hoops to jump through in order to get in to work including licensing, testing, and in many places Union membership.

Thoroughbred trainers will employ a horseshoer to take care of his or her string of horses. They will expect that same one there all the time for them or they'll simply get one that will. It is for this reason that most guys either work at the track or they dont. Is very difficult to do both.

Standardbred Horseshoers work a little differently. With them more than one guy can split the work of an outfit but those guys work out of shops with horses brought to them instead of running from stall to stall like a TB plater does.

Shops are doled out by either the racing secretary or the stall man as they become available which often can take till somebody dies. They will not let more guys in than they have shops for but sometimes guys have been known to share shops especially in the case of apprentices.

So you see the logistics or doing racehorses can get a little more complicated than most guys are used to. I'm not really trying to throw cold water on what you want to do because I do wish you well and hope you're successful but just think you need to examine what you're up against.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 05 Jul 2006 18:07 #4

• holden_cj
Thanks Guys i have contacted a few people that you sugested and gorge if you are in grantville Pa you are not far from me abour 15-20 min

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 05 Jul 2006 22:46 #5

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Cool, come say hello sometime if your around the neighborhood. Im dividing my time between here and Boston lately but I have no plans to get rid of my place in Grantville.

I'd like to second what was said about Tom Parris. He is a class act all the way and reputed to be one of the best men to work for anywhere.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 24 Jul 2006 14:49 #6

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Here is a great artical about starting and managing a multi-farrier business.

http://www.harrypatton.com/images/DeLeonardo.pdf?PHPSESSID=15d8a6a1562e8c9e20ed4971800ab981

Best of luck,
Josh

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 26 Jul 2006 00:59 #7

I started out in one, had one myself for a while.

There is a whole set of problems you have in a multi that you don't have in sole. You will spend more time on management and paper work also.

However with that said, I like it when I work when just starting out and I like the one I had. Nice once you get things going.
Ray K. Miller, Jr. // Retired Farrier
Miller Land & LiveStock, Co. LLC
Equine Management Services, Inc.
www.raymiller.ws
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
“When buying a horse or taking a wife shut your eyes tight and commend your soul to God.” Old...

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 26 Jul 2006 01:52 #8

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
This isn't a new idea. When I was a young pup still dreaming of a career in horses, (I'm 58 now) John and Joe Kritz had a multi business. I lost count of how many farriers got a kick start by working for them throughout Conn.,Mass.,Rhode Island etc. They had crews going everywhere.
Not to mention all the Budweiser Clydes and other drafts the family made a name shoeing.
They did jumpers, quarter horses and lots others. Tim Keller in Ct. started out with them when I was a young pup.

This goes back to the 60's.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 26 Jul 2006 05:20 #9

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
vthorseshoe wrote:
Tim Keller in Ct. started out with them when I was a young pup.

Mett him a few times, seems like a nice guy.

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 26 Jul 2006 11:33 #10

vthorseshoe wrote:
This isn't a new idea. When I was a young pup still dreaming of a career in horses, (I'm 58 now) John and Joe Kritz had a multi business. I lost count of how many farriers got a kick start by working for them throughout Conn.,Mass.,Rhode Island etc. They had crews going everywhere.
Not to mention all the Budweiser Clydes and other drafts the family made a name shoeing.
They did jumpers, quarter horses and lots others. Tim Keller in Ct. started out with them when I was a young pup.

This goes back to the 60's.

Now your making us tell our ages.

Yes it was in the mid 60's. Even before that. Saddler who I worked for, work for Jess Wallace who had a multi shop in the 30's, 40's and 50's. My grandfather (AKA Slick Miller) started out in a multi shop in Speed, Mo. Then had his own shop there, gave up the horse in the 20's and went to working on Horseless carriages. So I would think that the multi shop has been around since the Mayflower arrive.

I have retired from the main stream of shoeing for other people.

But I now have two draft teams, a light team, string of dude horses, and my personal horses I trim and shoe. The only problem is I don't get paid to do theses.
www.raymiller.ws
“When buying a horse or taking a wife shut your eyes tight and commend your soul to God.” Old...

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 27 Jul 2006 01:54 #11

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Nice to see you posting again Ray :)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Questions on Starting a Multi-Farrier Business 27 Jul 2006 02:32 #12

vthorseshoe wrote:
Nice to see you posting again Ray :)

Your welcome. Just a short stop by. I do stop by and read the post once in a while.

I am and have been way to busy. I should have kept shoeing, I was not working near as hard as I am now. Five more years and I am going to pull the plug on all of it. The Wife and I will then spend the summers up in my old stomping gournds around Glaicier Park, Mt. then head south to my other old stomping grounds around Tucson.

I told my business manager and foreman all I want to see is a check mailed to where ever I am at every 30 days when the time comes.

Barron and the rest of you all, thanks for letting me visit. Be back again some day for a short visit.
www.raymiller.ws

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.