make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Riding With Jaye

Riding With Jaye 01 Jul 2006 22:55 #1

Hey folks.

I just got back from riding with Jaye for three days. I gotta tell you the man has it happening in the head. His taking the time to teach me cost him a bunch because he had to slow down and answer a lot of questions. I know a hell of a lot more now than I did when I got there. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use what Jaye had to teach me. After 2 and a half days my brain told me that it was full and couldn’t take it any more. It is going to take me a while to really assimilated the education.

Anyone that is willing to take a hit in the pocket book, and a pretty good hit in my case, to help people learn our profession is truly showing the rest of use how to give back to the profession in a very real and valuable way. My only wish is that I could have been more help.

Jaye, any day you need something all you gotta do is call, any time 24/7. I owe you.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...
The topic has been locked.

RE:Riding With Jaye 02 Jul 2006 00:13 #2

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Sounds great! Why don't you tell us more about it?

RE:Riding With Jaye 02 Jul 2006 03:31 #3

Mike,

What can I say, I learned how to trim a horse’s foot. I think. Now the challenge for me is to take all that I observed and make good use of it.

Jaye works on some very good horses with very demanding jobs. Since it is his practice I am not comfortable talking about the details. But given the demands that those horses face and Jaye’s soundness vs lameness ratios it is simply amazing how good a job Jaye is doing to keep them as sound as they are.

Jayes approach is actually very straight forward, put a flat shoe on a flat foot, sometimes with a pad, or some other additional device or product, but always a flat foot and a flat shoe. The real key is exactly that and nothing more or less. Now describing how he fits a shoe and such would just take away from that simple concept. I thought I could trim a foot flat when I got there. Boy did I find out quickly how wrong I was. But Jaye also showed me why I was missing the mark and how to guard against it.

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Riding With Jaye 02 Jul 2006 10:36 #4

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi Ronald
how long have you been a farrier
are you out on your own

or are you stil doing farrier school
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Riding With Jaye 02 Jul 2006 11:20 #5

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
.....very straight forward, put a flat shoe on a flat foot, ............

It was fun having you down for a few days Ron!

Hope that your finger heals well and next time I will dull your knife even more. :D Maybe your knee will not be a problem next time.

Jaye

RE:Riding With Jaye 02 Jul 2006 12:43 #6

smitty88 wrote:
how long have you been a farrier, are you out on your own or are you stil doing farrier school
Smitty,

I started to learn to shoe for almost 6 years and full time for almost two years in my own practice. It is humbling to think you have a good trimming technique only to have someone show you what is wrong with it, how to improve it and why what was wrong is wrong. Jaye teaches a masters or doctoral course in trimming alone. I could try to describe everything else but I don't want to write another horse shoeing book. :D

RE:Riding With Jaye 02 Jul 2006 12:49 #7

Jaye Perry wrote:
It was fun having you down for a few days Ron!

Hope that your finger heals well and next time I will dull your knife even more. :D Maybe your knee will not be a problem next time.

Jaye
You and your lovely bride are great hosts.

The finger looks really good considering. Nobody ask, I am not posing pictures of my own ******ity. :eek:

The knee has been very good the last couple of days.

Thanks for the return invite. Maybe by next time I'll have figured out how to get out of my own way.

RE:Riding With Jaye 03 Jul 2006 10:13 #8

• Rancho JD
what do the farriers that rode with Jaye Perry have to share with us about horse learning,,, curious.
Hit on 16 stand on 17 and split those aces, merry christmas!
'panhandler' Reno, Nevada.

RE:Riding With Jaye 04 Jul 2006 16:34 #9

Rancho JD wrote:
what do the farriers that rode with Jaye Perry have to share with us about horse learning,,, curious.

Speaking for myself. Start with trimming, what to look for, how to accomplish it, how to check and recheck. Shoe fit, prep and placement. Use of tools and your body. Nailing technique to improve your feel for what is happening as your driving the nail. Jaye is diligent, observant and obsessed with detail. He helped me in more areas than I can recount simply by my watching how he goes at whatever it is because it has so many checks and balances built into it.

I would say it was a life changing experience but that is trite and just doesn't cover it. Jaye is trying to pass on years and years of experience and learning to those that are willing to at the minimum accept the possibility that we do not know everything there is to know about shoeing.

Jaye puts it all on the line when he lets someone he has never met or observed work ride and work with him. I know he thought I was more advanced than I am. But instead of getting frustrated with that he focused on helping me get beyond where I am today and helped me learn new ways of looking at what I am doing and how I am doing it. Maybe in six months I will have actually processed everything and been able to integrate what I have learned into my everyday work.

“Horse Learning” does not even begin to describe it.

RE:Riding With Jaye 04 Jul 2006 23:16 #10

That is great Ronald. You should consider attending Dave Ferguson's school Mint Valley Forge. I hear it is excellent.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Riding With Jaye 04 Jul 2006 23:19 #11

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Phil Armitage wrote:
That is great Ronald. You should consider attending Dave Ferguson's school Mint Valley Forge.
I wait with baited breath for that moment!
:p :D :D
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Riding With Jaye 04 Jul 2006 23:37 #12

Phil,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll keep in in mind and give it the same serious consideration I give all of your ideas and thoughts.

RE:Riding With Jaye 05 Jul 2006 00:16 #13

Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
Phil,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll keep in in mind and give ti the same serious consideration I give all of your ideas and thoughts.

Your welcome. :D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Riding With Jaye 05 Jul 2006 00:32 #14

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Phil,
Have you ever been to Daves or Jayes? Why or Whynot?

Andrew Grimm
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Riding With Jaye 05 Jul 2006 01:32 #15

Andrew Grimm wrote:
Phil,
Have you ever been to Daves or Jayes? Why or Whynot?

Andrew Grimm

Nope, not interested. I have other sources for continueing education.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Pete Greig birthday is in 2 days
  • Pleasehelp birthday is in 2 days
  • UpNorthShoer birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.