make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Research assignment about job

Research assignment about job 19 Jan 2005 16:22 #1

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
My employment Strategies class instructor has give us an assignment is to research the career we would like to be doing after collage.
I have choosen Farrier as this career, and am currently enrolled in a shoeing class.

For you informatioin this class is only a basic class, and only covers trimming, and cold shoeing. Its mostly for the horse owner who wants to learn to shoe their own horses. Its taught by a really good praticing AFA CJF Farrier who has been practicing for about 30 years. He is really working with those in the class who may want to be Farriers, and giving us a chance to work in the forge, and learn anything we may want to. I know this may not be the best class for someone who may want to work as a Farrier, but it all I have thats close by so it will have to do.

For the assignmet I would like your response to the following questions.

1. After class what should be my next steps?
(Instructor would like at least three)

2. What is a typical day on the job?
(I know there is no such thing as typical, that what makes this career so appealing, but do your best.)

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Research assignment about job 19 Jan 2005 16:38 #2

Gary_Miller wrote:
2. What is a typical day on the job?
(I know there is no such thing as typical, that what makes this career so appealing, but do your best.)
Gary,

are you subscribed to the American Farriers Journal? If so, then you're familiar with the "Shoeing for a Living" section. . . and I think that could be a big help to answer your question of what a typical day on the job is like for different farriers....

if you're not subscribed to the AFJ, you could contact 'em (www.americanfarriers.com)and see if you can get some back issues....

have fun! :p
Quality is Like Buying Oats
If you want nice clean oats, you must pay a fair price; if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse . . . that comes a little cheaper. :p

RE:Research assignment about job 19 Jan 2005 23:09 #3

I haven't figured out how to get the quotes to work right so the answers for question #1
1. Find a professional farrier to apprentice with or at least work with once a week.
2. Join the AFA and the local AFA chapter. This will give an avenue for my first response and also keep you in the loop about clinics and certifications
3. Take one day a week to drive around to different barns and find out who shoes thier horses and why they like or dislike them. Information straight from the consumers mouth is priceless. Just make sure that they understand that you are not trying to weazle your way in just looking for information. Unless of course they ask you to make an appointment. Then go for it.

to answer question #2 is tuff but let's just say it's a nice easy day.
Wake up about 7a.m. Check the book to make sure where I'm going first and what time. If I have a shoe off or an emergency that is taken care of from 8-9a.m. in the winter time my first appointment is usually at 10a.m. so I make my way to the first appointment let's say it's 3 horses with four shoes. I pull into the barn, unload everything and get the forge warmed up (especially if it's winter time). Get the first horse out, pull the left front shoe, trim, pull the right front and trim, put the front shoes in the forge. Repeat with hind feet, burn front shoes on and start nailing, burn hind shoes on and start nailing. Repeat for next two horses. This will take me about 3 hours, I'll give myself 4 so I'm not late to my next appointment. Next appointment is probably at 2p.m. let's just say there is 2 with four shoes and 2 with just front shoes and 2 trims. This will take me about 3 1/2 hours and then I'm done. Sometimes like today I had one appointment to trim 10 warmblood broodmares. Next time I go out there I'll be shoeing 5 or 6. The great thing about this job is freedom. In the spring and summer if I have a short day I may make $400 and be on the golf course by 1p.m. Once a month I schedule myself a three day weekend. Just to relax and spend time with the kids. You're flexible. Last year my son was in the morning pre-school class and I had to take him to school at 9a.m. Mon-Thurs. I just scheduled to accomidate that. No big deal. No dealing with a boss that gets mad. YOu either succeed or fail on your own merit. You can't blame anyone else for what happens to you or your business. It is truelly American.
good luck
Dave Purves CF :)
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:Research assignment about job 20 Jan 2005 06:16 #4

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Oh great, so now we're doing your homework. If you get a good grade we get kickback.

The first step in this business is pateince. Takes time to learn. Things are'nt fair.

As to a typical day, there aren't too many, thats what makes it nice. Look at Jason Maki's hands in his artical in Profesional Farrier.

Farriery is a personal enterprise, so a typical "employment strategist" at a college won't relate. Don't get me going.

Learn every posible thing that your new hammer and anvil can do and you may find your employment in great demand.
My $0.02,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Research assignment about job 21 Jan 2005 00:15 #5

Winter schedule in Maine with temps around 0 to 10 degs.

1. Get up put the dogs out.
2. Go back in the house and check the temperature.
3. Feed & Water dogs, horses, cats, bunnys whatever else is hanging around. Spend an hour knocking ice out of buckets.
4. Check schedule and think about canceling, but realise you cannot put everyone on the same and only warm day you might get.
5. Start truck and let it warm up (takes about a tank of gas just to do that)
6. Go to work, and wonder if your going to survive.
7. Get home and quess what, All your pets are hungry and thirsty and there stalls are messy and your cold and tired.
8. Check answering machine and hope nobody called with thrown shoe or lame horse.
9. Watch TV, get on forum see what is going on. Tell storys, complain to total strangers in hopes someone else can relate, talk about how great this trade is. Do someones homework assignment.
10. Sit and talk with the family, listen to how there day went, they do not want to hear how your day went (sick of hearing about shoeing)
11. Start it all over the next day.

Spring, Summer and Fall is much more fun. I keep telling myself how lucky I am to have a year round income. But I kind of wish winters were slow so I could practice forge work, work on my truck and shop, you know fun things. But you know what, it is to cold to do that stuff to, so I might as well do something and get paid for it. :)

Is this what your looking for?

I love shoeing, it is a sickness, I have no other explanation for it.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Research assignment about job 26 Jan 2005 16:22 #6

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for you help guys.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.