make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestions concerning Apprenticeship

Suggestions concerning Apprenticeship 26 Jun 2006 04:35 #1

I'm interested is hearing how yall work with apprentices. I've been doing basic shoeing for 5 years and I really wanna work with someone to learn shoeing the right way and be serious about the business. I need to find a paid apprenticeship though...have a wife and 1 year old son...What do you think is fair for apprentice pay and are there places that have a higher demand for apprentices>? Just curious! Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Suggestions concerning Apprenticeship 26 Jun 2006 09:52 #2

Well, what you call "basic shoeing" for five years, since you have no formal training will more than likely be a headache for whoever takes you on. You'll slow the guy down learning to do the things he wants done correctly and you'll spend (or at least you should) lots of time sweeping floors, pulling shoes, catching horses, sweeping floors, cleaning shoes for reset, sweeping floors, and LEARNING with your eyes open and your mouth shut.
So until you start making the guy money by being more productive than he can by himself, I wouldn't look for a lot of pay. After all, you're in an early learning phase.
You should also be made to sign a "non-compete clause" which means you don't shoe horses on your own in the same area as your mentor, at least for less money than he charges.
But generally, if you're helping, your pay will reflect a percentage of the work done for the day.
For example, if you're shoeing saddlebreds that day and you don't know how to build a package, you won't make as much that day compared to helping with a bunch of plain ol' resets.
If you have a wife and kid, I'd suggest getting another part-time job.
Apprentices are a dime a dozen until they prove their worth.
Also, you need to bone up on ethics. Kids today don't have the respect for the skills shoers have taken years to develop and in general feel like they are worthy of being on their own way sooner than they really are. So they ride with a guy for a few months, feel like they know a lot, use the mentor's name for recognition, and start collecting clients because they "worked for so-and-so" and are perceived by the genral public as more competent than they really are, and dump the apprenticeship in favore of being able to make more money on their own than they can riding with someone.
Good luck.

RE:Suggestions concerning Apprenticeship 26 Jun 2006 11:39 #3

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
How much shoeing are you doing now? Are you making a living at it? If so, I'd recommend finding one or more other farriers that you can ride with once in a while. Schedule it in a day here and there and you might be able to afford to do it without pay. I still do it though I'm just too busy to do much of it this time of year.

Attend some clinics.

If you've been shoeing for a few years there must be specific things that you feel you need more work on than others and what it is that you areally wanting to learn. Make good use of your time by picking the farriers and clinics that fill those specific needs.

RE:Suggestions concerning Apprenticeship 27 Jun 2006 19:16 #4

I have done a good amount of shoeing and I have ridden with a CJF for a summer while in college and I learned alot. I am comfortable with most aspects of shoeing, I just really want to get good and proficient...I'm willing to apprentice as long as that takes. I have no problem starting at the bottom and learning the right way and i'm not an arrogant young kid...I just really wanna learn.

WHat do yall think I could hope to make as an apprentice?

RE:Suggestions concerning Apprenticeship 01 Jul 2006 21:19 #5

• MAZamora
Hey Catahoula:
I applaude your attitude. I run a small multi-farrier practice in Sunny South Texas. To answer your question on pay for apprenticeship; I pay apprentices a starting salary of $19,500 per yr. With a pay review every 60 to 90 days. Basically, this amounts to $75 a day 5 days a week. Time off for Holidays and most weekends off. A 4th year farrier working for me earns a salary of about $40,000 and has the privelege of having an assistant. Well, the sad part is some of our working days are long but we still make time to be home for supper at a reasonable hour.
Please take to heart what the other farriers have told you because they are trying to guide you from their past experiences. My Motto [/B]"Shoeing can be taught, but experience can not be bought!"
Michael A. Zamora

"Greater love than this no man hath, than a man lay down his life for his friends"

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.