make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Making Shoes

Making Shoes 23 Jun 2006 18:08 #1

• holden_cj
I would like to get better a making horse shoes but i need some help getting started with how to make different types and also size bars for different size shoes and also how to weld are there some good places on the internet for these things and or movies or books that could help me on my way. I know some people say that you can buy all types of shoes now why make them but i dont need to make then for clients just would like to get better in the forge. Thank you. :confused: :D :cool:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Making Shoes 23 Jun 2006 21:14 #2

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
You can practice at home building shoes by copying shoes you pull off that are worn too much. This will increase your skills and then you can move on to learn how to forge weld later. If you pull off any unusual shoes in your rounds bring them home and learn to copy them too. Good Luck! Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Making Shoes 24 Jun 2006 01:22 #3

• Andrew Grimm
  • Very Senior Member
Doug butler makes some good tapes. I think it's the iron and forge work series that he goes through building the 5 basic patterns found in most horses. Most people know these patterns from Scott Simpson(Norman,Tag,Stuby,Ralph, and ?) Help me out here guys.

Andrew Grimm
Andrew Grimm, CF, RJF

RE:Making Shoes 24 Jun 2006 02:23 #4

Chris Gregory has a great book very well written and excellent step by step information to build the skills needed and practive properly. You can order it from www.americanfarriers.com go to the online store under books.

The title is Better Basics, Better Horseshoeing.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Making Shoes 24 Jun 2006 10:03 #5

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
the best way is to get into the forge with some one that can show you the basics

what have you done so far

if you can send a pic of where your at with the shoe making
some of the guys and gals might be able to guide you further
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Making Shoes 24 Jun 2006 10:20 #6

I'm not a forge whiz like Smitty obviously is. But I do my fair share of forging, and most of all I always like doing it.

Like Smitty suggested post some pics let us see where you're at. Let's take it from there. Don't try to make things look better or anything. Nobody was born with a hammer in his hands! We all had to learn, and we all have. We know all the mistakes there are to make, except for the ones we will make tomorrow and the days after.

Ronald Aalders
Attachments:

RE:Making Shoes 24 Jun 2006 10:27 #7

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Is there a local farriers association in your area? If so, that would be your best opportunity for inexpensive hands-on instruction.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Making Shoes 25 Jun 2006 16:01 #8

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Watching videos and someone first hand working can get the juices flowing to get out and get in the forge. Hand-eye coordination takes alittle time for most of us to master. In the beginning just opening up and straighting out old shoes then turning them back and learning how to flatten the shoes are basic skills we all use everyday? Learning and applying the Basics everyday on every foot and shoe will develop your own skill level. If the assn. things are too far and expensive for you ,then get together with local farriers and bend shoes and stories and elbows(beer) and your personal skill level will improve. Good Luck! Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Making Shoes 25 Jun 2006 16:40 #9

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
We learn by doing...at least in part.

In the blacksmithing world, farriers have a reputation for getting very efficient at moving steel when doing specific tasks (making shoes or certain shoe modifications). A key ingredient is repetition.

I love to forge and I forge lots of things besides shoes. The first go at an item is often slow and combersome with the first attempt sometimes going into the s**** pile. I'm getting fairly versitile and I've forged stuff from shoes to fancy door knockers, spike axes and pattern welded blades. Still there are lots of farriers who can knock out a prettier shoe than I can and in far less time and in fewer heats.

So, sure there are lots of good tips you can get from reading or watching others but if you want to get good at making shoes, you need to make a bunch. Me? I head for the forge to make shoes and end up with another knife or something. LOL but it's all fun.

RE:Making Shoes 25 Jun 2006 21:29 #10

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Everyone has good sugestions here.
One aditional thing I've found about makeing other things in the forge like Mike said; When you learn to make leaves for a plant hanger or scroles on hooks and such, you may find that all of a sudden that medeal heel dose what you tell it to on that hard to fit mare.
Around fire and hammers everything works to teach you something. You just have to be smarter than an anvil, as I am striving to become.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Making Shoes 27 Jun 2006 22:50 #11

• calshoer
  • Guru
You can buy some really good basic shoemaking videos. Bob Marshall and Roy Bloom have good ones. Try the bigger farrier suppliers or maybe your local supplier can order them for you.
Whatever materials you get to study, pay particular attention to the little things like how to grasp the stock in the jaw of the tong, how to use your tong hand to move the stock around the horn instead of moving the hammer, and what part of the anvil to use for what kinds of bends.
Mastering these little basic sort of things can make or break the learning process. Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Making Shoes 29 Jun 2006 04:43 #12

Don't get discouraged if you ruin a few shoes in the process of honing your skills. Alot of people can not grasp the talent of forge welding. I am one of those. There fore I use a welder and grinder in order to modify shoes if I need them. :)

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • lindar131 birthday is in 363 days
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 364 days
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 364 days
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 364 days
  • vanderblij birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.