make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ideas on gaining clients

Ideas on gaining clients 14 Jun 2006 18:19 #1

• holden_cj
Other then word of mouth what are some of the better ideas for advertising and or increasing you client base i am in an area where farriers are not scarse (dont know if that is spelled right) I am close to being able to go full time and would like to and was looking for some ideas on how to increase client list.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 14 Jun 2006 19:51 #2

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
holden_cj wrote:
....... I am close to being able to go full time and would like to and was looking for some ideas on how to increase client list.

What separates you from everyone else, what do you have to offer that others are not and can you define you short term and long term business goals right now!!!:confused: Gaining clients is one part of doing business and loosing clients are apart of doing business.:cool:

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 14 Jun 2006 21:16 #3

Holden_cj
I have found if you ride with a local farrier and help Him or Her that people will see you more. And if that farrier is full, a lot of the time they will send there overflow to you and recommend you.
In life your work is your signature, try to sign with elegance and grace.
You do not have to be the best just care the most.
John Muldoon

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 14 Jun 2006 22:20 #4

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Set up and work every horseshow in your area. You will learn alot by seeing alot of differant types of shoeing. You also will meet alot of new clients, fix a thrown shoe and they will remember IF you do a good job. Return calls and call a week ahead to confirm appointments is important also. Good Luck! Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 15 Jun 2006 02:39 #5

• Rancho JD
farrier suppliers recieve calls asking for recomendations most everyday, if you have a decent business relationship with a local, a simple im looking for more work" and you'll probably get some
Hit on 16 stand on 17 and split those aces, merry christmas!
'panhandler' Reno, Nevada.

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 15 Jun 2006 03:05 #6

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Jaye Perry wrote:
What separates you from everyone else, what do you have to offer that others are not and can you define you short term and long term business goals right now!!!:confused: Gaining clients is one part of doing business and loosing clients are apart of doing business.:cool:

Mega Dittos on that. Learn your market and define a strategy to supply it. You should have a network of vets, trainers, and other farriers who know and respect your work The network will refer business to you as long as you nurture it.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 15 Jun 2006 10:55 #7

Word of mouth is the best advertisment. Trouble is it takes time to get started. I like the idea of rideing with a seasoned farrier, this allows another farrier to become familiar with your work and attitude, others will get to meet you to. Much easier to recommend someone if you like there work and have seen it first hand. Do good work, treat others and there horses with respect. Learn all you can about horses shoeing, rideing, training, everything you can to be the total package. Return phone calls, schedule your days like it is a full time job, be clean and orginized, show up on time. You don't need the best truck, however an orginized clean truck helps. Good work and good tools to do the job correctly also help a lot.

Do not talk about other farriers, barns, horse owners, trainers, vets etc... If others want to gossip let them go for it, do your job, forget what you hear and focus on shoeing horses. Smile and wave, collect your money the same day you do the work and reschedule on the spot. Do not undercut other farrier's prices. Find out what the average charge is and try to charge the same. Raise you prices gradually. I started out chargeing about the same price as most farriers in my area, a little higher than some and lower than others. Setting prices is difficult to do, however do not set them low.

Good luck and best wishes.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 15 Jun 2006 11:31 #8

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
mmhorseshoeing wrote:
Holden_cj
I have found if you ride with a local farrier and help Him or Her that people will see you more. And if that farrier is full, a lot of the time they will send there overflow to you and recommend you.

Just being associated with one or more farriers of good reputation who are too busy to do all the horses that people want them to do can do wonders. Of course, once into the good accounts you still have to be able to keep them. Since comming back to shoeing full time last year that's what did it for me. I've been back to full time for just a little less than a year and I'm about as busy as I want to be. I could use a little more local year-round work (I travel too much). The local stuff is taking off too but it hasn't grown as fast as things have in areas where I already had something of a netwerk. Word of mouth works better if you know 20 people than it does if you only know one. LOL it's an exponential kind of thing. Another few months, certainly by next summer, and I'd expect to have all the local work that I want too.

I came in at pretty close to top dollar to start with so I don't have to worry about replacing poor paying accounts with the good stuff. I just put up with the few who call and head on down the road when they find out what I charge. In my experience, there's no real loss there.

I had a few lonely weeks when I first left the other job and that was a little scary but it didn't last long.

It helps to have some kind of specialty too, I think. I have a fairly interesting mix of saddlebreds, national show horses/half arabs, morgans, backyard horses and a few WP and rodeo horses but the fact that I have some experience doing the long footed horses was a BIG help. There just aren't as many guys who do them. It's even gotten me accounts where I might only have one or two show shod horses but they need some one who can do all of it and that eliminates a lot of otherwise good farriers from consideration.

RE:Ideas on gaining clients 16 Jun 2006 10:42 #9

When my hubby was first out of school, we went to feed stores, went to a park where a bunch of people trail rode and put cards out, went to the auctions, everywhere and anywhere horse people would be. Of course he had to start out with the "bad" horses ect ect. but about his 3rd year of shoeing I quit my job and I go with him full time. It helps out so much, I hold horses when noone is home they just leave the check in the barn and we get the horses done leave the next appt card. Our customers love the fact they don't have to take off of work and we can get our work done during the day and don't have to wait till someone is home.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.