make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: THE NEW AFA Certified written

THE NEW AFA Certified written 16 Jan 2005 16:23 #1

OK I was all confident about passing the last leg of my certified friday afternoon but much to my surprise the test is nothing like the study guide I had that thing memorized and it did me no good. :( So I am asking for anyother ideas that you all might have to get past this test. I am reading and re-reading the principals of horseshoeing 2 and 3. I will gladly take any advice.
thanks Brooke
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 16 Jan 2005 17:54 #2

Unfortunatly the study guide put out by Bloombach, is not necessarily a good thing to memorize before you take the test. Many of the questions are the same but worded differently and if you're not careful you will come up with the wrong answer. I did the same thing and it almost cost me to fail also, but I went back through and re-read the questions and changed a few answers. In fact when I went over the test with the examiner he knew I had studied Bloombachs study guide because of the questions I did get wrong. The study guide is not on the list of recommended reading material for the test. With that said, now that you know what to expect, read principals of horseshoeing 2, I haven't seen 3 yet so I don't know but imagine it is just as good if not better. Use the study guide but don't memorize it cause when you read a question on the test that sounds like the study guide you tend to answer without thinking about the question. Study hard and don't get too frustrated there are alot of people that taket he test and fail, the ones that don't give up are the ones that have passed.
good luck
Dave Purves CF :D
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 16 Jan 2005 19:41 #3

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Brooke

I am going to test this next weekend and was wondering about the written test. I have been using the study guide also. I have a week left to hit some things that I might need to look over more carefully. And I set aside 2 hours every day this week to work on the material. So hook me up with what I need to study more closely.

Jeff
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 16 Jan 2005 22:03 #4

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Dave Purves wrote:
The study guide is not on the list of recommended reading material for the test.

I think it is on the list...unless the list is refering to some other study guide.

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 16 Jan 2005 22:26 #5

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Copied Straight out of the AFA Certifiction Study Guide

AFA STUDY GUIDE BOOK LIST
The following list of books are a few that would be useful for studying
for the AFA Certification Exams. There are others that are quite good but are
not included in this list, and it should be encouraged that you study from as
many as possible. It is impossible that you can study too much for these exams.
Principles of Horseshoeing II (Butler)
Elements of Farrier Science (Canfield)
Limbs of the Equine (Amos)
A Textbook of Horseshoeing (Lungwitz)
Adams--Lameness in Horses (Staskank)
Lameness in Horses (Adams)
These books are available at several farrier supply stores that carry extensive
libraries for farriers.
For a study guide with diagrams contact the American Farrier’s Association
at the address listed on the back of this booklet.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 17 Jan 2005 04:02 #6

The 15 true and false is what everyone should watch out for the matching is common sense, and good knowledge of what shoes to apply to specific needs. I realize that the studyguide is not a way to study for the test and yes it's not listed anymore as a recomended use for studing for the test my point is just by reading those listed books wasn't much help when it came down to the wording of the questions.
I was not the only one who used the "study guide" and failed. There has to be a way a bunch of us who remember the questions can write them down and change them so there not exact but create a new type of study guide.
My next chance is in Chattanooga if anyone has any other ideas pass them on. Thanks Brooke :D

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 17 Jan 2005 07:08 #7

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
I took the test last summer and failed by one question. I was woried about the practical but did fine with that.
Planing to take the writen agin in a week or two.
Here's where I'll open my big mouth, and stick my neck out. I think they sorta want us to know this stuff from experence.
I supose a blind parapalegic could study enough to pass with a perfect score.
The BWFA let me become a CJF after three mounths of school, to make them and me look good, but I sure didn't know Farriery.
A friend passed the CF test then three weeks later passed the CJF. He spent the previous twenty five or so years practicing intensly though. So it was a peice of cake (easy for me to say). I was happy for him and admire him, but those who know him aren't surprised he could do it.
I haven't had time to study but I'll give it a go anyway.
Wish me memory!
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 17 Jan 2005 10:21 #8

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
I've taken a lot of tests and it's an art in itself.

When I went back to school I was 27 and had been away from school for a long time. I thought I was was well prepared for my first midterm and knew the material inside and out. I failed the test anyway...You know? Do a problem three times and get three different answers? By the time I was finished I was a basket case and I doubt I could have told you my address.

So...I set myself to learning to take tests. I guess it's different for every one but, in my experience, it's hard to take a test unless you know what to expect from the author of the test. After a semester with a proff you know by the way he teaches and what he emphisizes what he wants on the tests...not just correct answers but THE ANSWER HE WANTS (and how he asks) and they are not always the same thing. There is just a world full of questions with more than one answer and I don't care how well you know a subject your grade will likely be lower for not knowing the author of the test for all but the most direct and simple questions.

I also used to get rattled by all those turning in their test when I was only half way through...until, of course, I found out that they usually aren't those with the highest grades. I learned to use the time I had...all of it. If I can do the test twice good. If I have time to do it three times...better.

Tests are as much or more a test of ones skill at taking tests as they are ones knowledge of a subject.

That's not meant to be a dig at any one. It's just one of those little "pain in the butt" facts of life.

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 17 Jan 2005 23:42 #9

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks Brooke

That is the kind of info I was looking for.

Jeff
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 18 Jan 2005 16:38 #10

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't think the idea is to memorze the material, but to comprehend it so that you can recall the information in a pratical setting. I'm sure esperience plays a big part in it to.

I have a saying that I call, Gary's rule number one, "Never memorize anything you can look up in a book!"

My thinking behind this is if you are familar enough with the material you will be able to find it when needed, and that material you use on a daily basis will become second nature and you won't have to look it up.

This has usually helped me in recalling information I may need on a test. Especally when it comes to pratical type questions.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 21 Jan 2005 01:55 #11

Blombachs guide will help you only if you fully understand why the answers are what they are. ie; so know the stay appartus in its entirety, that is the whole point of the exam. that one has a working knowledge of biomechanics, anatomy and shoe application. i hope for the industy's sake that you cant go out and just memorize a test and pass it. that defeats the whole intention of the certifcation process, and for that matter the function of these trade associations. Be Safe Mo
"just because weve done it that way fo r so long, doesnt necessarily make it right"

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 21 Jan 2005 20:02 #12

i hope for the industy's sake that you cant go out and just memorize a test and pass it. that defeats the whole intention of the certifcation process, and for that matter the function of these trade associations.

By Memorize I ment I put a hell of a lot of effort into Knowing my stuff.That study giude is out dated and the test has changed! I am more boggeled by the true and false then anything.
As for the industry's sake I am not half assing my job I am taking this test to make my self better at what I do and then some!

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 22 Jan 2005 02:49 #13

Quit whinning and send it back to John he has a money back gaurantee :eek:
And im sure you'll do well the next time now that you know what to expect i passed, except for the shoe board my square toe was not defined enough on the inside of the shoe, i looked at the examiner like he was on crack(what does the inside of the shoe have to do with the purpose of a square toe?) Bob Menker told me "that may have passed with another examiner, and youve got to learn how to plat the game". Be Safe! Mo
"just because weve done it that way fo r so long, doesnt necessarily make it right"

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 22 Jan 2005 14:51 #14

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Moses Shaw wrote:
Bob Menker told me "that may have passed with another examiner, and youve got to learn how to plat the game". Be Safe! Mo

That's something I'm not looking forward to. It's not that I wouldn't learn anything during the certification process because the Lord knows that I don't know everything but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to learn to do it how they want it done for the test.

Your shoe may have worked just fine on a horse but that's not what was being testsed. What was being tested was your ability to make the shoe they specified...period. Normally to forge a good square corner (inside and out) you have to pull some stock back into the corner either by upsetting first or by drawing it back as you forge the corner.

Another slick way to do it that makes it easy to accurately place the corner (especially when using wide, thin stock) is to cut the stock on the inside not quit all the way through. Scarf the ends, bend the 90 letting the cut ends overlap and weld. The result is a perfectly square corner (inside and out) with uniform stock thickness and width. It's still a good idea to bump the area up to avoid thining where you blend the edges of the weld. I don't know that I'd mess with this on a horse shoe but no one would be able to complain about your corners.

RE:THE NEW AFA Certified written 23 Jan 2005 01:06 #15

Mike its not bad at all, its just that its subjective and always will be, as with anything that is judged. Be safe Mo
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • lindar131 birthday is in 363 days
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 364 days
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 364 days
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 364 days
  • vanderblij birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.