make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday September 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier"

How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 09 May 2006 17:17 #1

• mbetteridge
I have a dilemma that I could use some suggestions for.

In my area there is "farrier" who a few years back attended a 4 week course ( I did not know it was only a four week course until recentley). About a year and half ago, I started riding around with this person and eventually started trimming some of the horses. I would ask questions like why do we do this or that and what does it do for the horse. The answer was always, that's just how its done. Another favorite saying of this "farrier" was, if the client isn't going to pick up the feet and look at them, then its good enough. I decided that I did not care for this type of learning and enrolled in a 12 week course where I could learn more. The person I was working with was not happy with this and informed me that first, the school sucked, and second useing a forge was ****** and using one is a waste of time. I recentley graduated and started putting up flyers and business cards at local feed stores and vets offices. When I put the flyers up, this farrier had absolutely no cards or flyers anywhere. I went back to a couple and not only are all of my flyers and cards gone, they have replaced by the other farriers flyers and cards. Now, mind you, I have not recieved an unbelievable amount of calls that would explain all of my stuff being gone, and am 100% sure that the other farrier removed them. To me, this seems petty and although I was tempted to return the favor, I left theirs up and just put some more of mine up again. What would any of you do in this situation?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 09 May 2006 19:10 #2

Take the high road; word gets around and if you maintain a professional attitude, even in advertising yourself, people will respond to that ;) . Just keep pushing your own business as best you can.

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 09 May 2006 20:15 #3

What Jeanie said!

persevere, kill them with kindness, but most of all, charge more.

Most of the feed-store bulletin boards I have ever seen are so full of 8 year old green brokes , and "needs experanced rider horses" anyways, sure leave a few cards, but a hand-shake and a smile will beat all the other cards any day of the week.

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 00:11 #4

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
In time past Ive had to deal with similar situations
Its not fair n never is n never will be

Just remain true to yourself and the clientel youve already got , maintain your dignety , never run this bloke or anyone ealse down (Ive been guilty of this myself in the past and its only caused me more trouble that its worth,DONT DO IT ,It only makes you look, sound and feel bad, be guarded in what you say and to whom at all times )

I hole heartedly agree with keeping your prices up , make very sure your work standards and ethics match
let your work and good nature speek for you and you,ll never look back
It wont be long and youll be sending your dont wants to this snoozer anyway

I wish you well n good
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 01:02 #5

Stop putting cards and flyers up. Ride with as many reputable farriers that you can, keep learning, take there over flow and let word of mouth build your buisness. Soon you will be buisier than you want to be.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 01:22 #6

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Phil Armitage wrote:
........ Ride with as many reputable farriers that you can, keep learning, ........

OK, You have an Invite for August. I'll buy the ticket. Just prepare yourself:eek:

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 01:37 #7

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
mbetteridge wrote:
I have a dilemma that I could use some suggestions for.

In my area there is "farrier" who a few years back attended a 4 week course ( I did not know it was only a four week course until recentley). About a year and half ago, I started riding around with this person and eventually started trimming some of the horses. I would ask questions like why do we do this or that and what does it do for the horse. The answer was always, that's just how its done. Another favorite saying of this "farrier" was, if the client isn't going to pick up the feet and look at them, then its good enough. I decided that I did not care for this type of learning and enrolled in a 12 week course where I could learn more. The person I was working with was not happy with this ..... What would any of you do in this situation?
Don't worry about bygones.

Just out shoe them, create a work ethic that no one can keep up with.
Just out think them, educate yourself beyond the customary and usual.
Just plan to put them out of business, plan and set goals that are reachable and obtainable. Then set new ones.

Satisfaction with customary and usual creates mediocroty; ARE YOU MEDIOCRE?

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 05:06 #8

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
So you think you have trouble now?
Wait 'till you start making the horses he dose now go better when you shoe them.
Hang in and welcome to the club, we've all been through it.
Your best add will always be word of mouth.
What's your name by the way?
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 09:41 #9

Just ignore it.

I had one farrier in my neighborhood tell everyone I had retired. Another tell folks I did not do drafts. One informed the world I had never been to farrier school or apprenticed although he was aware I had done both (spent some time riding with him in fact). Business cards never stay up around here more than a few days.

Take the high road and let your work speak for itself.
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 11:44 #10

Jaye Perry wrote:
OK, You have an Invite for August. I'll buy the ticket. Just prepare yourself:eek:

Jaye I said reputable farriers, however you will do, let me know the date soon and I will let you know if I can do it or not. Would be nice to let you see my work and finaly silence the sarcasm. :D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 11:49 #11

Bill Adams wrote:
So you think you have trouble now?
Wait 'till you start making the horses he dose now go better when you shoe them.
Hang in and welcome to the club, we've all been through it.
Your best add will always be word of mouth.
What's your name by the way?
Bill

Sometimes this brings on big trouble depending on the farrier, been there and it is not fun, especially when high end clients start changeing over to you. My shoeing instructor once told me that it is not your fault if a client drops a farrier and changes over to you. If you loose a client that you wanted to keep it is nobodys fault but your owne. When I loose a customer I try to find out why and learn from it, sometimes people just need a change, prices, scheduleing, don't like ya, whatever learn from it and keep on trucken.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 11:56 #12

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Phil Armitage wrote:
Jaye I said reputable farriers, however you will do, let me know the date soon and I will let you know if I can do it or not. Would be nice to let you see my work and finaly silence the sarcasm. :D
Never said I was reputable.

May '06- Andrew Grimm
June '06- Ron Kramedjien/ Josh Noone(?)
July '06- Purves
August '06- My Boy Phil(?)

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 12:20 #13

• mbetteridge
Thanks everyone. All this really helps and makes me glad that I didn't stoop to the other farriers level. And my name is Michele.

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 10 May 2006 17:19 #14

Mbetteridge
Yeah, I had to deal with the same thing when I moved to a new area. I needed to advertise for a while. The card hangers at the feed stores were cutthroat one would show up and plaster cards and take everyone elses down. This same group would always bad mouth the rest of the farriers. The few clients I got from the feed stores were the ones I did not want in the first place.
When you get your foot in the door just show your competence and education. Your work will be your best advertisement. Keep your prices above average and make your work and knowledge worth what you charge. People will seek you out. The harder you are to find the harder they will look.
Ride with the best farriers in the area. The best farriers tend to use good ethics.
The best payback you can get is referring all the bad clients you no longer want to him and make sure he knows who referred them.
Put yourself in the circle of talented and ethical farriers. The feed store posters will always be looking for clients. Just look at some of their advertising. There is one that I usually see that advertises “25 years experience, lowest prices.”

RE:How to deal with another not-so-nice "farrier" 11 May 2006 12:57 #15

• John Barney
One of the best advertisements is to refer a owner with a bad horse to the local vet for sedation. I have done this with three vets in three different directions and once they see you work you get all of their referrals. The nice thing is when a vet says a horse needs tranqed the owner usually starts working with it more. Getting your foot in the door with the vets usually leads to more therapudic work as well.

JB
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• clearhillsfarrier birthday is today
  • Creager7850 birthday is today
  • lindar131 birthday is today
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 1 day
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 1 day
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 1 day
  • vanderblij birthday is in 1 day
  • Viking farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • irideazippo birthday is in 2 days
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is in 2 days
  • RidingGrace birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.