make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult

Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 18 Apr 2006 10:25 #1

Does anyone on the board ever get on a plane go to a different area and work on one or a few lame horses? I used to say no to these inquires but am considering going out if I can figuure out the logistics and financial aspects.

We have a bananna farrier who flys to MA/CT which has insipred me as I my training in NB lameness protocols can be in demand in areas far from here. It does not seem unreasonable for Ronald to jump on a plane and "slip" on some bananna shoes somewhere or patty or I to fly somewhere and do NB but the venture should be profitable. Or for Jaye to go somewhere for a lameness case etc.

But what do you charge for this kind of engagement?
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 18 Apr 2006 10:44 #2

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
George_Spear wrote:
Does anyone on the board ever get on a plane go to a different area and work on one or a few lame horses? ..... for Jaye to go somewhere for a lameness case etc.

But what do you charge for this kind of engagement?

Have done it many times as well as other here.

You have to charge for your time and expenses.

If you are gone for 3 days, one has to charge for 3 days of work and at home consultations.
Phone consultations- owner(s), vet(s) and farrier(s) and planning
Day1- plan,packing, travel to airport, rent a car if applicable, accomodations and meals.
Day2- initial consultation(s), coordination with or without on site farrier, shoeing, consultations/obeservations after shoeing(S), meals and or drive back to accomodations.
Day 3- Plan, pack, consultations/observations or prevoius days shoeing, reevaluate and or re-shoe. Home. Follow up phone call(s).

So one would have 3 actual days of travel/work, but 2 other days with calculated hours worked on case(s).

Put a value on the time lost at home. Work, Family and or peace and quiet.

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 18 Apr 2006 12:23 #3

I agree with Jaye. Above all it has to make sense! Financial sense as Jaye explained but also you have to think about the fact that is does not make too much sense getting paid to fly somewhere to fix horses without some sort of overall plan. Like you can fly in a few times every 5 weeks to fix horses ánd train another shoer in the process. After that you can fly in 4 times a year to check on how things are going and fine tune it. That would work. It saves the customer money and you the travel. Don't just hop on that plane, shoe horses get paid and go home again. It's too costly (money for the customer and family/days off for you) to just follow phone calls.

Be sure about what you get into. What about tools you can not fly in? What about that shoe or pad you never carry but sure as h*ll do need now? Is there veterinarian backup when you go in for a the****utic case? Is the trainer available and ready to discuss things with you when you go in to shoe performance horses? Is there someone who can slap a pulled shoe on the way you want it? Spend some time with the local shoer (I always bring a little present like a gadget or a video reducing chances they'll see you as a threat rather then a help). Don't skip the barn help here!

When on a the****utic case (in my case often laminitic cases) be sure to explain everything. Be sure people know how to use first aids like styrofoam. Be sure everyone involved knows what can be expected, including the negative! You don't want concerned owners panicking and change plans over minor set backs.

Be sure to answer calls and emails from such customers promptly! It's your only bridge covering the distance when you're not there!

Ronald Aalders

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 21 Apr 2006 14:11 #4

• calshoer
  • Guru
I have done it once a few years ago , called to Long Island on a old foundered mare, and would be willing to do it again, anytime somone wants me to. (I love to travel anyway)
As mentioned you must consider you will lose three days from your home shoeing .
One lost work day each end for travel and the work you do on the horse(s)
If you only have one case to do you still need to make what you would on a normal work day.
If I was asked to do it again I would figure a total of about $1200 -$1500 plus shoeing materials for the whole three day trip including the air fair.

Another note, because the one I did was a bad founder, I scheduled it so could do the horse on one day then recheck it the next morning before I flew back out. (to make any rail or other adjustments on the shoeing package.I didn't want to just shoe the horse and leave immediately after with no way to make small fine tuning adjustments if needed. Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 21 Apr 2006 14:50 #5

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
I know a fellow Farrier who did some conssultation onerseas and it financed his retirement.
I'm still waiting by the phone.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 21 Apr 2006 16:18 #6

• THamilton
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
This is all interesting, as I was hit with a proposition the other day.

A clients father is moving to Brazile to open a resort of some type. With this resort, there will be horses and rides, etc.

His daughter asked me if I would be interested in helping in some aspect to view the horses and consult on them in regards to feet, care, etc. This will not materialize right away (I believe this fall) as it is in the works, but now I have a better understanding of what to ask for and not feel that I am asking too much.

Thanks,
Tony
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing" Ralph Waldo Emerson

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 22 Apr 2006 03:16 #7

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Back in 1981, I went to Gitmo Bay, Cuba to shoe the horses in the hack line there. Did it twice actually, flew down in a small plane, no bathroom-6 hr flight-too much morning coffee- stayed with Special Services guys and shod horses all week then flew out and back to Fla. Made a whopping $750 after paying for the flight! Oh well, did it more for experience than anything else. Best, Gary
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 22 Apr 2006 04:08 #8

• Mike Bailey
I travel every five weeks for feld entertianment(Ringling Bro's) and I have it set up so my trip is booked trough their travel agent on their credit card.
They also reemburse me for all meals.
It usally takes me two or thee days,and I charge by the horse it works out to about $950.00 a day. This works for me but travel is hard any way you work it
especialy during holidays.

Mike Bailey
Mike Bailey, CJF

"If your not part of the solution,than your part of the problem." Dr. Chick Gandel

Plan for success, Be prepared for failure

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 22 Apr 2006 15:56 #9

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Mark,

Are you a "Bailey" of Ringling Bros, Barnum and BAILEY fame? Or has serendipity favored you?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 22 Apr 2006 16:17 #10

• Mike Bailey
Hi Rick,
No I have no relation atleast not that I know of.

MIKE,
Mike Bailey, CJF

"If your not part of the solution,than your part of the problem." Dr. Chick Gandel

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 24 Apr 2006 05:31 #11

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Rick and Mike,
Does it count if, on the wife's side, there are a bunch of clowns and the familey gatherings are like a circus?
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Logistics and Financial aspects of flying to consult 24 Apr 2006 10:52 #12

• Mike Bailey
Good point Bill
Mike Bailey, CJF

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • lindar131 birthday is in 363 days
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 364 days
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 364 days
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 364 days
  • vanderblij birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.