make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: young farrier

RE:young farrier 11 Feb 2005 16:23 #31

Gary,
After 21 years serving and protecting us "taxpayers" you are not being given ANYTHING. You earned every penny of the GI Bill, your retirement and healthcare. Think of it as a small thank you from an all to often ungrateful public.
Keep working at it, and you'll be fine.
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:young farrier 11 Feb 2005 23:40 #32

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Hear! Hear!

Good word Jason.
Thank you Gary and all who have served.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:young farrier 12 Feb 2005 03:12 #33

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
You are all welcome.

It was a pleasure and good experience to serve.

Made me really appreciate what we have in this country.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:young farrier 05 Mar 2005 19:10 #34

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Being a farrier opens doors sometimes. I got a wild hair up my A$$ once and took off to Europe. I landed in Denmark saw a chance and started my own business. It can work out. Have been doing it for 10 years here now.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:young farrier 08 Mar 2005 03:43 #35

• Peggy Dolan
Just a comment for Randy R., who's starting shoeing at 48. I'm 46 and I started at 36, which I thought was a little late in life, so have at it. I would recommend Oklahoma State Horseshoeing School in Ardmore, my alma mater. The instruction was first class, no nonsense, plus at the time they had a left-handed instructor. As a woman I felt completely accepted and they never cut me any slack or expected anything less of me then 100%. Reggie took me aside one day and told me "Young horses are for young horseshoers and old horses are for old horseshoers." But of course when you start out, you have to crawl under every horse you can. A bit of advice, don't be too quick to hand out a stack of your business cards to other shoers you might meet. They tell you they'll send "extra" clients your way. But when it happened to me, it was all the cranks and crackpots they didn't want to do. I only shoe part-time now, I put my son thru college shoeing on the side, I can't imagine anything else I'd rather do. Ten years later and I still fall asleep thinking about all the shoeing I still want to do.
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

RE:young farrier 09 Mar 2005 00:55 #36

• shoerboy
I think he has a great start.It took me 5 years to build my practice.
I worked for someone else in the morning and then Shod my clients in the afternoon until I had enough clients of my own.It took less than a year.
Then I took on an apprentice and he has left after 3 years for a sucessful business of his own.
2 rules for a successful business answer your phone and try to be on time for your appointments.It does not matter how good you are if you follow those rules you will have all the business you want.
I had a horse trainer follow me around and just observed what I was doing and he went home to North Carolina and started shoeing 8 horses a day.Just because he answered his phone and was on time for his appointments.
But and I do mean But....
Do the best job you can and if your good the news spreads like wild fire and you will have too much business.
My business started with 1 client she told her freinds and they told theirs and now I shoe over 200 + horses a month.All from1 client.
Also never asume you know it all because you won't.Go to all the clinics you can and try to be open minded because technology is changing all the time.
This is a great carreer and you can make big money if you do it right.
Good Luck and go for it

RE:young farrier 09 Mar 2005 01:35 #37

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
So you took on an appentice with only two years of experience yourself? I don't mean belittle you, but two years is nothing in this business! You see so very little starting out how could anyone teach this business with only that much experience? It has taken some horses more than two years to recover from laminitis and believe me thats a learning curve all in it's self. Not to mention theres no way to learn and deal with all that there is to this trade in ten years let alone two. Reminds me of all the "Two Week Wonders" in this trade! JMO, Gary
P.S. I sure hope you shod more that the two years before you took on your student?

RE:young farrier 09 Mar 2005 23:47 #38

• shoerboy
In my last post I did not mention how long before I took on an apprentice .It was after 5 years.Sorry if this was miss leading.I was also just pointing out the point there is a giant need for farriers.I also mentioned never stop learning
to go to as many clinics as you can.
As for be littling me I will let my record speak I have shod race horses that have earned over 2 million dollars,Horses that have won the biggest races in Illinios and Indiana ,shod the 3 year old pacer of the year in the Us and Canada,2 track record holders and 1 that holds the record for most wins in a row 1.And I make 6 digits working 5 days a week.Not bad for only 10 years shoeing.

RE:young farrier 10 Mar 2005 14:25 #39

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Sounds like your a successful plater! My point and I wasn't attacking you is that an experienced farrier usually in his career shoes more that one breed or type of performance horse. Each breed has it's own individual differances of how they move and perform. Running horse do just that ,run. Gaited horses move very differant than other breeds and require alittle more shoe that alum. Ropers, reiners, I think you get my point. And yes, I also shod horse's in Fla. in the late 70's and did lots of race horse's also. It does take a special kind of farrier to work the tracks, I'd never do it again myself, I don't care how much money their paying now, that is if you can get paid from some of the trainers. Just last night I ran into a fellow that also shoes in my area and he asked me if I needed anything from a shoeing school he was fixin to go visit. I told him no and asked what he was doing going back? He said he was going to go HELP the instructor teach a class! This is a guy that has a forge sitting in the back of his rig-unused and complains of pain in his elbow, but will not fire his forge for anything? Oh yeah, he has around 5 years of cold shoeing experience. Good Luck! Gary

RE:young farrier 10 Mar 2005 14:55 #40

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Gary,
What school was he making the triumphful return to? I suspect my alma mater.
Thanks,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:young farrier 10 Mar 2005 22:27 #41

• shoerboy
Gary,
I'm not a plater I shoe standardbreds(harness horses)And jumpers also.
We forge all our shoes and balance and weight can win and loose races.
Try to keep one trotting at 35 mph without braking stride.Not easy.1oz can make a diffrence.
But you are right about getting paid.You have to weed out the bad eggs.

RE:young farrier 10 Mar 2005 22:29 #42

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Bill, I'm not going to say which school ,but it is one like others that claims you will make big money fast in this business! Where is the truth in advertising? You have a good day! Thanks, Gary

RE:young farrier 10 Mar 2005 22:33 #43

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Shoerboy, standard breds, that's a whole art in it's self! I used to visit and watch the farriers at Ben White Raceway in Orlando 20yrs ago and always was amazed at the way they worked! Good Luck! Gary

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.