make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CJF preparation

Re: CJF preparation 09 Jul 2012 20:20 #46

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Eric Russell wrote:
Front is looking better. Forget the bar and start making a pair of fronts in 4 heats.

I don't know if you know what you're looking for in a shoe or not. You need to be able to critique your own work but you can't if you don't know what you're looking for. If you don't know what you're looking for just let the guys here know and I'm sure you'll find some help.

Draw a line down the center of you stock at the heel. Make the point of your heel there. When you draw a line you will see you're is way on the outside of the stock. You won't be able to fit the shoe, for the test, where it is.

At some point you will have to pay attention to your nails but for now getting used to forging might be the way to go, IMO.
I ran a couple of practice runs this weekend. I figured that it was more important to get done within the time than to work on polishing. The last go I had I finished in time.
Attachments:
Derek Grimwood, CF
Grimwood's Farrier Service
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CJF preparation 23 Jul 2012 08:43 #47

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Well if no one else more qualified is going to answer, I'll say good on you Derek. Good job getting finished in that time, that is a milestone and one I am no-where near acheiving just yet.
I just got the forge together yesterday - how life gets in the way!
Your clips are spunky! Did you rasp them or are you just one of those perefect clip-pullers?! It's not a perfect job, but I would imagine it to be a passing job, what do others think?

Your heels look better for what they want I'm guessing they want to see. From what I have read on here and talking to a guy in the weekend, the heels are not like doing a heel check, it is just rounding the corners of the stock, is that right? Whoever made that up?! :woohoo: Can one of you CJF guys verify that and maybe post a pic if I have that wrong?

How long until you are going for the test Derek?
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).

Re: CJF preparation 23 Jul 2012 12:30 #48

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
Rachael Kane wrote:
It's not a perfect job, but I would imagine it to be a passing job, what do others think?

Tough to say because it's scored in phases. The overall shape of the shoes looks good. Clip fit is good!

There appears to be a gap in the toe. If he dipped the toe so much that it didn't burn out, that's not good. If he turned in unlevel shoes then it would depend how the rest of the shoe scoring went.

It also looks like the shoe was fit under the wall on the left front or it slid over a little while nailing.

I think it's a given that the nails don't fit.

Let's assume it's a borderline job and he was allowed to nail the shoes on. The nailing, clinching, and finishing would most likely convince the examiner that the job isn't passing.
From what I have read on here and talking to a guy in the weekend, the heels are not like doing a heel check, it is just rounding the corners of the stock, is that right? Whoever made that up?! :woohoo: Can one of you CJF guys verify that and maybe post a pic if I have that wrong?

From what I hear, all feet are to be fit with a "B" fit now. So it will depend on the foot. A safe bet is to make a round heel like Derek did then file a check in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dgrimwoo

Re: CJF preparation 23 Jul 2012 16:56 #49

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
I figured I was posting a little over kill so I haven't updated any progress. Eric made a very good point that there were some things that I didn't know what I was looking for and yes this job although completed in time wouldn't have passed. I sought out a few Journeyman to work with and critique my work. There are a lot of things clicking for me now. I am using the horn better and not beating up my shoes as much. I can make the heel in 10 hammer strikes and my stamping is coming around much better but not as consistent as I need it to be (as Eric pointed out). Clips are too wide and I have gotten some help with those, but I need help fitting the hind clips. How do others go about fitting quarter clips flush (Correctly)? I've looked on line and on you tube but I haven't seen anyone burning in quarter/side clips. I have only found samples of toe clips being burned in. I'm taking the test Sept 22. It is already sneaking up on me and i have so far to go. I have to hand it to anybody for the hours they have spent perfecting this skill in the forge.
Derek Grimwood, CF

Re: CJF preparation 23 Jul 2012 22:58 #50

• Eric Russell
  • Thank you received: 19
dgrimwoo wrote:
How do others go about fitting quarter clips flush (Correctly)?

If you look at your hind foot, you have a rim of shoe sticking out in front of the clip and you obviously had a rim behind the clip before you boxed it. If you have a rim in front and back then you have a rim at the clip.

Having a 1/16" rim around the foot is certainly acceptable for the foot to grow into. In which case just set the clip at the angle of the wall and blend your clip in. Otherwise fit the shoe dead on the foot and the clip should set it.

Re: CJF preparation 23 Jul 2012 23:29 #51

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I was taught to do a quick burn to mark where your clips will be, put the shoe down and knife that area, then burn on.
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).

Re: CJF preparation 24 Jul 2012 06:14 #52

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Derek it looks to me on your hind job that your toe is
to narrow.
so it would have been harder for you to fit the clips
when making shoes keep the foot in mind
fitting the clips will be easier for you.
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Re: CJF preparation 24 Jul 2012 17:08 #53

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
I found when I mark the hind clip and then knife it and then give a final burn then it burns back alittle more and I have knifing showing.
Derek Grimwood, CF

Re: CJF preparation 04 Aug 2012 01:13 #54

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
It's coming along. Here are a couple of handmades (stacked) without filing and made in 4 heats. Need more heat in my shoe to get 3 heats, but I'm impatient.
Attachments:
Derek Grimwood, CF
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2012 01:15 by dgrimwoo.

Re: CJF preparation 15 Aug 2012 02:56 #55

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
Still working on it making gains. It's amazing how you can work for a week and just to have something small click. Thanks to some CJF's in Music City and on this forum for their help. I finished my bar shoe tonight in the 35 minutes and it should pass. Turning shoes in 4 heats, but still working on the hinds. I Have a question I was hoping some CJF's could answer. What range of Bar Stock do you precut and can you prepunch your center and first nail hole? I was thinking 10 inches up to 12 inches in quarter inch increments. What about the bar shoe? Do you precut for it?
Derek Grimwood, CF

Re: CJF preparation 18 Aug 2012 02:48 #56

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
Bar Shoe fit my pattern tonight. Completed in 35 minutes.
Attachments:
Derek Grimwood, CF

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.