make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I give.

RE:I give. 12 Feb 2006 18:06 #31

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Skinfaxi wrote:

Forgewizard: I do not have an anvil. I neither require one just now, as I am merely trimming, or have the funds to run out an buy one. When I can get one I will. I will have one before I start shoeing school, I know I will need TONS of forge time before hammering on a hoof. I am building a forge and have a length of RR track to hammer around on. Not the best for learning to shape, but better than nothing.

......*

Many moons ago, when I started there was a man who shod his own horses. That's all he did. I told him I would shoe his horses for the use of his tools-

I started with nothing, but when I was able to afford my own tools I replaced or had sharpened or re-tooled the man's borrowed tools.

What goes around comes around-
1 anivil
1 anvil stand
1 forge
1 set of tongs
1 set of complete set hand tools
1 book on business
supplies to get you started.

Just send them back in the same or better condition when you can afford to.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:I give. 12 Feb 2006 23:29 #32

• J.H. shoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Jaye

That's good. We have been passing around an old Jim Poor clipping hammer here and I think it is someplace north of Dallas now. We gave instruction to pass it on accordingly.

Jeff
Jeff Holder

Some people are like Slinky’s, pretty much useless but make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 02:06 #33

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Jaye Perry wrote:
I started with nothing, but when I was able to afford my own tools I replaced or had sharpened or re-tooled the man's borrowed tools.

I too had the same experiance fortunatly.. The man was my dad. Im still useing his nippers as a matter of fact (someone cut wire with mine as you may recall from a thread a while back) =] In fact a good freind in town still throws me stuff when I break somthing or run out of stock. Most farriers are really great about helping each other out.. I've only met one farrier who hates everybody around him who shoes (thinks they are all out to steal his business), and even he gave me a duval pad cutter. so I think that says a lot about the people in the profession..

Thats a very good thing.. I wish I was in the position to lend tools out to trusted individuals starting in the trade. I plan to lend my time out helping a girl in CT getting her truck together however.

Red said this can be a thankless profession. I have to agree at times. But 9 outa 10 times I think this is such a rewarding profession... Seeing lame horses go off sound, happy owners. People complimenting your work, and just knowing your doing something great. Not to mention some days you make more than a lot of people do in a week. Then you relize you have to chase it with expenses..

Still I say everyday how I am very proud to be doing this.Think when your out there at a barn on a beutiful day forging a shoe, trimming, nailing, whatever and some kid (and a lot of times the adults too) is standing there in amazment... Think that some poor shmuck is sitting in an office biting his nails becuase he didnt put the the new cover letter on his TPS reports. =]

I love this life.

Dont give up, you'll be so happy you never did everytime see someone flippin burgers.

Sure its not all sunshine, clean isles, and happieness. Its a lot of wet mud and frustration as well. But at the end of the day you still feel so good with what you've acomplished.

Josh
________
BUY GRINDERS

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 02:54 #34

• Skinfaxi
Think that some poor shmuck is sitting in an office biting his nails becuase he didnt put the the new cover letter on his TPS reports. =]

I love this life.

Dont give up, you'll be so happy you never did everytime see someone flippin burgers.

This reminder inspires me. I hate the factory I work in, and this is an honorable and satisfying way out. I'm calling Rick tomorrow, and I just e-mailed another localish AFA member, John Voigt. Tomorrow I am going out to get me a new pair of boots and that pair of nippers I need so much. I'm done with never getting the things I need so that others can have the things they want.

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 14:17 #35

I'm done with never getting the things I need so that others can have the things they want.
Now THAT'S the ticket!

You go girl! Don't let anything stand in your way!

You know that saying that "God never gives you more than you can handle."? Well, I look at it like this: "god must have an awfule lot of faith in me - because he sure challenges me!" I do soooo love a challenge! :)

You will do whatever you set your mind to do.

Regards,
Kim
Regards,
Kim

Those who only consider cost, do NOT consider the cost to the horse!

The more we know, the more we know we need to know more! Ya know?

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 16:06 #36

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Sarah,
The very next thing you should do is fall on your knees and thank the Lord for people like the folks here who are willing to help you out with tools and time. You just got an oppertunity most just dream of.
I sent most of my extra tools to someone, but I have to clean out a shed and will look for something you can use.
Reading this thread made me think about the wack I got last summer that kept me down for six weeks. Never thought of do something else, in fact I got in a bunch of trouble for finishing up the horses with my son befor I called the wife.
The only time I consider changing jobs is once in a while thinking about track shoeing, but I get it out of my system quick.

Kim,
How can someone as tough as you put on those funny colored shoes? Will remember your Dad in our prayers.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 17:19 #37

SlowShoe

"MMMM..YEAH. YOU SEE, WE'RE PUTTING THE COVERSHEETS ON ALL TPS REPORTS NOW BEFORE THEY GO OUT. DID YOU SEE THE MEMO ABOUT THIS?

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I've got the memo right here, but, uh, uh, I just
forgot. But, uh, it's not shipping out until tomorrow, so there's no
problem.

yeeeahh, If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on,
that will be great. And Uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another
copy of that memo Mmmm, Ok?"

Been there, never ever go'n back....

Doug
"what would you do with a million bucks?"
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.farrierpro.com

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 17:59 #38

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
This thread reminds me of what I had when I first started...tools on loan from my teacher that I piled in the back of my 1980 Chevette which was also my first new car. I also used his shop because I lived in an apartment.

I used his tools until he figured that I had enough work that I should be able to buy my own and then he gave me notice. I got off my butt and went out and baught my own...and he was right, I could afford it.

I wore my first set of nippers down to nothing and eventually had to replace them. I had to replace my clinchers because they disappeared out of my in-laws barn. I still have many of my original tools though.

I gave away my first gas forge but my coal forge, anvil stand and a box full of punches and other odds and ends disappeared from a clients barn where I had a little shop set up. I'm 99% sure that I know who took the stuff...another farrier who was in and out of there after I moved out of town...but the joke is on him. If he needed the stuff that bad, he's welcome to it and all he needed to do was ask. He didn't ask though, so he's a snake and we all know it so he traded off his honor pretty cheap.

I doesn't seem like it when you're first starting but this is a pretty low capitol business as far as what you absolutely have to have to get started. A few hundred bucks will get you enough shiny new tools and stock to get a few shoes fit and nailed on. Comapare that to something like the dive shop I used to own where I had 30K or so cash in it before I ever opened the doors and the show room was still mostly empty. Mind you that was just the bare essentials and I dumped that much in several times again over the next few years and I still walked away with nothing in my pockets but bills. Then of course there was the engineering gig where my education cost me that much and it took me 15 years to pay for.

This is a great trade in lots of ways, not the least of which, is the low overhead and the freedom we have. So what if the work is a little on the hard side? I have yet to find a way to get someone to pay me very much for something that was easy.

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 18:01 #39

• Skinfaxi
Bill, I already have. I am amazed at the brotherhood of farriers, even the apparent "bad ones." This attitude is so rare and precious these days, it is one of the things that has kept me settled, focused, and less afraid.I will be eternally indebted to the people who have been so kind, supportive, and helpful. I want everyone to know just how much it means to me. I only hope that one day I get the chance to return the favor. I would like to meet everyone one day so that I might thank them in person, and if I play my cards right and work hard I will be able to. That is a day I look forward to, more than the six-figure dream.

Thank you everyone, you don't know how much this means to me(or maybe you do)

(EDIT) I wasn't sure. Was Jaye offering to borrow me some of his tools? It didn't register until I read Bill's post and reread Jaye's. (let me stop crying...)

I don't know what to say. No one has ever shown me such kindness. I just...Thank you(that isn't enough to express, but it's all I can say)

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 20:10 #40

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

It's sounding like everyone started out the same way. I had a farrier beat up my precious mare and that was the day I decided I would learn to shoe my own horses so I bought Butlers book and started shoeing. I did watch a lot of farriers before that and I always had been a hands on guy. I laugh when I think of those early days when I nailed hind shoes on with the leg between my knees cuz I didn't know any better, good thing it was my own horse. It wasn't long after I started playing at shoe making with a forge I made myself and I used all those early shoes to make a coat rack so I get reminded of those early days everytime I hang up my coat in my shop. When I started I had a peice of track I welded to a sort of an a frame stand I used because the anvil I had weighs 300lb's. I did build my own gas forge and they are not too tough but a practice forge can be a simple as a piece of asbestuse pipe with a brick in it and a tiger torch for heat. With a little inginuity you can make some usefull things shown is a jack I made to fit a hitch receiver for use when I'm out riding and need to fix a shoe. I have plans for a wooded floor box. folding anvil stand and forge just e mail me.

Ok
Attachments:
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

Always strive to be the person your dog thinks you are.

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

If it don’t seem like it’s worth the effort it probably...

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 21:49 #41

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Douglas_Armstrong wrote:
SlowShoe
"what would you do with a million bucks?"

"i'd tell ya what I'd do if i had a million bucks..."

=]
________
JUSTIN BIEBER FANS

RE:I give. 13 Feb 2006 22:52 #42

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
I want everyone to know just how much it means to me. I only hope that one day I get the chance to return the favor.
That's what I meant- "What goes around comes around."

....... That is a day I look forward to, more than the six-figure dream.
Work hard to learn the skills; That just doesn't mean banging around some metal. It is an all encompassing job. Other skills in this job include learning to handle horses, people and money

(EDIT) I wasn't sure. Was Jaye offering to borrow me some of his tools? It didn't register until I read Bill's post and reread Jaye's. (let me stop crying...)
No need to fret, just give me a shipping address and some time to gather the items to be shipped.

When Mr. Buerton has had his way with ya, I'll fly ya down and you can work/learn some more.

Jaye

RE:I give. 14 Feb 2006 01:32 #43

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Tell ya what
you pair a bastards are all right , ya know that

Good on ya mate ay ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:I give. 14 Feb 2006 01:45 #44

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Red Amor wrote:
Tell ya what
you pair a bastards are all right , ya know that

Good on ya mate ay ;)
When it's July down under- Winter- you have an open invitation to come to HOT'Lanta RED.

I promise, It will be good on Ya Mate!!!:D

RE:I give. 14 Feb 2006 03:15 #45

• Ben-Sturman
Sarah, you will find this bunch of men and women to be more than helpful. They may bicker and argue or disagree on here about different subjects, but when the chips are down for someone andthat person needs help, these people really step up and show what a good and wonderful and honorable profession this is. It was no surprise to me when Jaye made the offer he did. I had a feeling something of that nature would happen. These people are great.

When my truck was stolen and I lost everything many of the people here sent me tools and supplies and comfort at a time when I was devastated. Without there help I may not have made it through, I may have been out of the shoeing business, but with there generous help I made it through just fine. Some day, hopefully sooner than later, I will be in a position to offer the same kind of help to some one else and repay my debt to the profession if not to some of these people specifically. All I can say to them still and over and over again is thank you. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. Sarah, just remember what Jaye said, "What comes around goes around", when you get the chance, pay it forward. ;)

Ben
Ben Sturman

They said, "Be a horseshoer, it's the only job you will ever get a KICK out of!" :D

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Pete Greig birthday is in 2 days
  • Pleasehelp birthday is in 2 days
  • UpNorthShoer birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.