make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday September 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Future back in the UK??

A Future back in the UK?? 02 Feb 2012 19:55 #1

I have yet to complete my CF (hope to get it in March at Five Star) then was going to move on to working towards my Journeymans, but I know I am long way off just now.

I was just wondering if anyone else had been in this situation? or had any other words of wisdom or advise!!!
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012 23:52 by Darren Lacey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 04 Feb 2012 03:01 #2

• horsman_ship
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I have been in that situation before. First of all i think you should provide proof that you have been a farrier for at least 2 years, then you need to go for an assessment in one of the colleges, i think it was about £900 for three days :angry: ,welcome back to England. you will have to take some shoes and tools with you that you made. Make horseshoes and probably a pair of tongs on request. Shoe a couple of horses with handmades, then have a theory test to assess your knowledge. Then you will be offered two choices, either to work with an ATF towards your exam, you will have to go to college once every 6 months for 2,3 or 4 weeks, depending on how you do in the assessment. or you can do all your training in college in consecutive weeks. Either way you will have to fork out a fair bit of money.
If you are not up to scratch with your shoe making and making shoes for feet, which is a big part of the assessment, then I would say go for the journeyman as you said and after two years its equivalent to the DipW.
The other option is to go for the whole apprenticeship from the start and you wouldn't need to pay anything. you just need to find an ATF to take you on and you will be paid the minimum wage.
Just out of interest Do you know if it is possible to take the Journeyman exam without taking CF first??

Hope this helps
Zouhair Benjabbour

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 06 Feb 2012 18:45 #3

With regard to the Journeymans exam, it is a pre-requisit that the CF is obtained first.

Thanks for your insight!
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012 23:51 by Darren Lacey.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 07 Feb 2012 12:07 #4

• horsman_ship
  • Contributing Member
if I was you I would do exactly the same. it will save a great deal of sanity :blink: dealing with all the bureaucracy.
Zouhair Benjabbour
Last Edit: 07 Feb 2012 12:08 by horsman_ship.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 09 Feb 2012 09:33 #5

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
to be honest Darren it reads as though you are just another ex-pat trying to get through the backdoor . even if you shoe in the eu for 2 yrs , you still need recognised certification to shoe in the uk . you can however get a temporary licence to shoe existing clients horses in the uk whilst proving permanent residence and tax liabilities within the eu . this is from personal experience . just take the diploma , it doesnt cost a lot for a careers investment and is not a difficult test with expert tuition
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 09 Feb 2012 13:33 #6

;)
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2012 23:50 by Darren Lacey.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 09 Feb 2012 18:44 #7

• chris bunting
  • Master
Darren qualifications of recognised merit are not frowned upon and the finincial outlay for the farrier is pretty much the same where ever they are taken throughout the world. whilst the uk want preferred professional requirements to practice farriery the requirements to work in the uk are a lot easier than in countries that include Canada the US , Australia ,New Zealand to name but a few .
chris

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 13 Feb 2012 04:01 #8

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Chris,
Question - If I have an EFFA certification, will UK accept that for me to work there?

Mikel
chris bunting wrote:
Darren qualifications of recognised merit are not frowned upon and the finincial outlay for the farrier is pretty much the same where ever they are taken throughout the world. whilst the uk want preferred professional requirements to practice farriery the requirements to work in the uk are a lot easier than in countries that include Canada the US , Australia ,New Zealand to name but a few .
chris
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 13 Feb 2012 05:17 #9

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
chris bunting wrote:
chris

Do you mean generally or farriery in particular... 'cause any muppet can hang a shingle and call themselves a farrier here.

Crikey, get a CF and you can call yourself "Master" Farrier. :S
Ant.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 13 Feb 2012 07:34 #10

• chris bunting
  • Master
Mikel,you would get a part 5 registration too shoe existing clients but you must prove tax liabilities and domicile of your native country , this would allow you about 180 days a year . i am sure if you challenged it in the eu courts you would get a positive result , i doubt if it would put you in favour with the local farrier communities though . like everything it still comes at a cost you may as well just take the dip , dont forget it still cost us UK farriers £150+ a year to register
chris

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 14 Feb 2012 03:40 #11

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Chris,
I was just wondering how farrier and England was taking the EU certification thing. Here we got guys from Germany coming up and working. Little different as there is no law for certification, but I feel it is coming. I could pay my money and get the EFFA papers, but I don't intend on going to Germany or any place else to work.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 14 Feb 2012 08:27 #12

• chris bunting
  • Master
Anthony the requirements to enter any of the countries i mentioned are a damn site
stricter than entering the uk and that is before trying to get a work permit .
Mikel until very recently i beleive very few uk farriers were CE-F registered , i understand that now the BFBA have registered all qualified members . not many are interested in the eu and how it operates
chris
Last Edit: 14 Feb 2012 08:29 by chris bunting.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 14 Feb 2012 10:42 #13

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
chris bunting wrote:
Anthony the requirements to enter any of the countries i mentioned are a damn site
stricter than entering the uk and that is before trying to get a work permit .

Interesting.

I suppose it depends. It is very hard for Europeans to get into Aus NZ etc. Not too hard for others it seems.

On the other hand, if you're from OZ or NZ, you can't get into the UK easily unless you have British parentage.

I'm lucky, by a few flukes of circumstance, I can live and work in UK/EU, Aus, Canada and NZ.

With an outside chance I might be heading to the UK in the near future (yet another circumstance beyond my control), this thread is timely.
Ant.
Last Edit: 14 Feb 2012 10:43 by Anthony_Lawrence.

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 14 Feb 2012 18:56 #14

• chris bunting
  • Master
Anthony if you are from nz and you are not a part 1 reg farrier how come you shoe in the uk ?
chris

Re: A Future back in the UK?? 14 Feb 2012 19:43 #15

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
Sorry Chris I didn't make myself clear. I have British citizenship so can just breeze in and work in the UK, but would have to go through the FRC process to practice farriery.

I lived in UK a couple years recently, but did not practice.
Ant.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Dennis Peveto birthday is today
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • Robyn Beane birthday is today
  • vanderblij birthday is today
  • Viking farrier birthday is today
  • irideazippo birthday is in 1 day
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is in 1 day
  • RidingGrace birthday is in 1 day
  • trueworthy birthday is in 1 day
  • 56power65 birthday is in 2 days
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 2 days
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 2 days
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 2 days
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 2 days
  • texfarrier birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.