make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday October 6, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help/apprentice

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 10:50 #31

• Frank de Crank
  • Thank you received: 2
Gary Hill wrote:
As all of us at one time or another, someone has said,"teach me how to trim my horses hoofs?" So I tell them to pay me $15,000 and I will take them with me for a year and teach them to trim, they dont ask again???:cool:

Glad not all feel the way you do ! I started doing my own trimming. I knew what a hoof should look like and just rasped off the excess. :-) Then a guy who lived around here and advertised he was the head instructor at the Oklahoma farrier school (or was that college ?) for fifteen years was kind enough to show me a little of the ins and outs of shoeing. I paid him for shoeing my horse and he told me the how and why of what he was doing. After about the third time he told me I was on my own. Since then I've gone to school and become a certified farrier.

Frank van Dalen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 12:03 #32

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Frank de Crank wrote:
Glad not all feel the way you do ! I started doing my own trimming. I knew what a hoof should look like and just rasped off the excess. :-) Then a guy who lived around here and advertised he was the head instructor at the Oklahoma farrier school (or was that college ?) for fifteen years was kind enough to show me a little of the ins and outs of shoeing. I paid him for shoeing my horse and he told me the how and why of what he was doing. After about the third time he told me I was on my own.
So, after watching someone else shoe your horse three times, you were considered by that individual [and yourself] knowledgeable and skilled enough to trim and shoe your own horses? Since that time, how many horses have you regularly trimmed and/or shod?

Is 'Frand de Crank' your real name?
Since then I've gone to school and become a certified farrier.
Where did you go to school and with which organization and at what level are you certified?

I apologize in advance for asking these questions but on several occasions you have brought the subject(s) into play and its time to settle the dust.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 12:18 #33

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
What sounds really strange is a guy that is in the business of teaching students at a school would give you a pass??:confused:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 12:52 #34

• Travis Reed
  • Master
George Geist wrote:
Travis,
To the best of my understanding most of the European countries governments subsidize their training. 'Nuther words if the master's training program meets the approved criteria he receives payment from the government to train apprentices.

A good friend of mine from Sweden has that deal even though he lives and works in the US.
George

Thanks George......lmao...no wonder smitty don't worry about the money when he takes on a lad.... it always baffles me when people say they don't worry about the money end of things...just because one loves what they do does not need to feel any gilt for making money off it and from it at every turn..they say make a living doing what you love and have passion for and you will do well in ur ventures
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 13:10 #35

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1
Travis Reed wrote:
Thanks George......lmao...no wonder smitty don't worry about the money when he takes on a lad.... it always baffles me when people say they don't worry about the money end of things...just because one loves what they do does not need to feel any gilt for making money off it and from it at every turn..they say make a living doing what you love and have passion for and you will do well in ur ventures

:eek: **DUCKING**

and getting out of the line of fire!
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 13:47 #36

• Travis Reed
  • Master
dana fenn wrote:
:eek: **DUCKING**

and getting out of the line of fire!

Really maybe you would like to share with us ur thoughts and why you are ..ducking.. by this statement I take you do not worry about the money end of things yourself
Travis Reed.....

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 14:08 #37

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1
Travis Reed wrote:
Really maybe you would like to share with us ur thoughts and why you are ..ducking.. by this statement I take you do not worry about the money end of things yourself

I only wish i didn't worry about money, Travis, just like the rest of you. *smile*

I smile when i hear you guys on this board always say "It Depends" because it reminds me of Kurt who i help with the Clydes. he's originally from Switzerland.

I've been around horses and farriers since i could walk and yet he STILL has the ability to make me feel like a "newbie"

His favorite line to use on me is "It Doesn't Matter" ;)

which came to mind when i read your post.

Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 14:31 #38

• Dogwood Forge
I have worked an apprentice a bit over the last several years and have worked one more this year than ever before. When thinking about how you pay help you really need to know what it costs, what are the benefits, and how it affects your buisness. I love what I do and if I were to have a rich uncle die and leave me millions I would still shoe horses, all be it a little different, but I shoe horses now as a buisness because the bank says I can't live here unless I send them money. One of my goals for my career is to pass this trade on to someone along the way, if not several someones. That being said I can't just throw money away because I wanted to train someone. Things have to stay in balance.

If you will do some diging you will find that an employee needs to generate 4 to 5 times their income to be worth hiring. That means that if you are paying a guy $50/day then you need to be making $200 to $250 more per day for it to be worth it. For a five day week that is an extra $1,000 to $1,250 per week. Also, I don't think many farriers realize what it cost to do buisness and what the difference is between their Gross and Net profits. The average farrier buisness only nets about 33% of their gross. i.e. If you grossed $1,000.00 a day you really only net an average of $333.00 a day. This changes up and down a bit depending but it is a fairly good average. Armed with this information it is interesting to me that there are guys paying their apprentices 20% of the days take. That means the guy that is helping you is making about 10% more than you and he didn't have to buy the first shoe, or gallon of diseal for the truck. Paying a guy 20% wouldn't work for me at all right now but I could possibly see how that may work for someone that was a good bit older and wanted to keep shoeing, didn't have a lot of debt, and couldn't take the physical pace they could when they were 20years younger.

The physical part is another area to consider. We don't shoe horses behind a desk in the airconditioning. Working help means you don't bend over as much, or work quite as hard which means you last longer. You have to figure out for yourself what that is worth to you.

One other thing that I have observed is that I think that quite a few guys have been spoiled by paying them to much. I have had guys that I paid to much and they ended up with this attitude like I owed them something. They lost their drive and hunger for this trade. The guys that I paid less seemed to stay more humble and maintained their passion for the trade. I've worked guys that were there just to make a check and they never work for long. I won't the ones that are working to learn a trade. Those are the ones that will make it in the long run anyway.
Chip Crumbly CJF, AWCF
http://www.georgiafarriers.org/

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 23:36 #39

for what it's worth here's a bit of my story as a helper:
i have worked for several different horse shoers over the last 6 years. i started by asking my friend who has a hitch of clydes to teach me since he shoes his own and maybe another dozen other drafts. for about 4 years steady i was helping him whenever he worked on his horses (for free obviously). if we did a few for some one else he'd give me one shoeing's worth of pay.....and that's draft pay ;) but i also realize he wasn't crazy about taxes and only does it on the side ;)

another shoer i tagged along with during my off duty days from the coast guard treating me really well also, paying me anywhere from 100 to 200 a day. he would really pack the days with horses so it must of worked for him.

i now work full time (started 6 months ago) for a guy that started me at $150 day. i also get some trims on the weekend from him and have about a dozen of my own customers. he also has good prices and does nice work... he makes my pay within the first 30 to 45 minutes of the day.

i guess i have it pretty good! i guess it helped that i came into it knowing a little bit (just enough to be dangerous) and fully expect to work for him for 5 or 6 years to get the most out of him ;)
Jason Armstrong

"Another thousand horses"

RE:Help/apprentice 16 Jul 2011 23:38 #40

i guess i should add that with me they get a diesel mechanic that can fix their trucks and i shave everyday ;)
Jason Armstrong

"Another thousand horses"

RE:Help/apprentice 17 Jul 2011 01:36 #41

• Travis Reed
  • Master
dieselfarmer wrote:
i guess i should add that with me they get a diesel mechanic that can fix their trucks and i shave everyday ;)

Like most farriers..if I get along with a guy and have fun all day and I don't have to worry about him running his meat holster to a client about something silly...or try and pick up on the girls..and he treats them the way he would his momma...and he treat the kids like he would his own child..not spit on the floor..so on and so forth and then I can make money with him...I then have no problem paying a wage one can be proud of....dieselfarmer you may be just that kind of guy...and one who truly loves being under horses..
Travis Reed.....

RE:Help/apprentice 17 Jul 2011 15:20 #42

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I guess I was really lucky. When I was a kid I went to work at a barn that was owned y a farrier. I mucked stalls and did all manor of other barn work for money and shod horses for free in exchange for the training. I had a well equipped shop and 20+ head of livery horses to practice on. Eventually, I stepped into shoeing the boarding and training horses and then I got paid.

I had a couple of guys work for me many years ago. One was an experienced farrier that was new to the area. I took him on because I was swamped with work. He wasn't just helping but shoeing horses. We used my truck and materials and, of course, I was the guy responsible for the work. I paid him half what I billed the client for the work he did...if we each did an equal amount that would come to 25% of the day's gross.

The other was a new guy just out of school and that didn't work out so well. He wanted to get paid a bunch of money but he wasn't good for much other than sweeping the floor.

Aside from my own work, I work one account with the guy who originally got me started. It's the same sort of deal...I throw my shoeing box and hoof stand in his truck and I get 25%.

RE:Help/apprentice 17 Jul 2011 15:28 #43

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Having been on both sides of this, I don't know why anybody would expect to get paid to learn unless the employer is making money on the work. Education costs money.

My last thought is that a lot of new folks don't seem to know how to be "helpers". Maybe that's worth a new thread?

RE:Help/apprentice 17 Jul 2011 15:38 #44

Why can't there ever be any opportunities in New England :confused:
I would be on your doorstep tomorrow if I could. :)

I need help here in Maine. Why dont you give me a call to discuss.
207-713-0813
George Spear
CNBBT, CNBF, CLS

".....and I said to the horse: Trust no man in whose eyes you do not see yourself reflected as an equal."
Don Vincenzo Giobbe
CA. 1700

"What people do not appreciate is that every time a horse submits to...

RE:Help/apprentice 17 Jul 2011 18:03 #45

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Mike only in a perfect world.

If I had more funds, I'd attend Chris Gregory's school. If I didn't have my children, I'd take off somewhere and ask for a stall to sleep in and be fed in exchange for the work.

It's understandable that education should be paid for, but not everyone can. I've paid all that I can toward the education part.

Despite all these obstacles, I'm not ready to give up.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

Kunena Birthday Module

• AugustineAlbor birthday is today
  • Elentary birthday is today
  • JohnathanTag birthday is today
  • carlsylvia birthday is in 1 day
  • Heather06 birthday is in 1 day
  • SaskatoonShoer birthday is in 363 days
  • Guy_Buck birthday is in 364 days
  • oneredhorse birthday is in 364 days
  • xboxdude birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.