make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help/apprentice

RE:Help/apprentice 14 Jul 2011 21:01 #16

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
no i try not to work for free
but when i take on a lad i dont put a price on training him
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Help/apprentice 14 Jul 2011 21:11 #17

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
smitty88 wrote:
no i try not to work for free
but when i take on a lad i dont put a price on training him

I'm glade you brought that up..I have wanted to ask how do y'all work that smitty....and on a side note seeing how you don't put a price on it...can I apply for my passport come over and you train me for say a year ..oh and pay me 200 a day would be nice or even 50 a day I would be ok...if ya wanna get for real about it a good month would be real nice and no pay and I will cut all ur grass wash ur cars and weed ur garden the whole time I'm there...
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Help/apprentice 14 Jul 2011 21:25 #18

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
dont think the wife would let you near the garden
and she is funny about the car also:)
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Help/apprentice 14 Jul 2011 21:53 #19

• Travis Reed
  • Master
smitty88 wrote:
dont think the wife would let you near the garden
and she is funny about the car also:)

Lol...I don't blame her..I will not let anyone near mine they never do it right..lol..... on a serious note...how do y'all work that with app in ur area...do you pay them do they pay you or what...I noticed you have 2 or 3 lads so how does that work
Travis Reed.....

RE:Help/apprentice 14 Jul 2011 22:41 #20

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
I have to say I agree with Travis, even at 50 bucks a day we are loosing money with most green helpers. But, I am a big sucker when I see someone has passion and enthusiasm that is not waivering. These people I want to help, even to the point of taking a loss money wise. To me people like that remind me of myself and I get enjoyment out of watching the light bulbs being turned on between their ears. I spent some time several years ago working as an instructor at a shoeing school and it was the most fun I ever had shoeing horses. I just enjoy teaching and I enjoy being around people who share an interest in the horse's hoof. Unfortunately, the type of people we find are those who are more interested in learning to shoe or trim just so they can make money. Its all about the money with some. They don't want to learn, they just want to make money off of you and they hope that they will be able to pick it up and be making big money on their own real fast. I don't want to waste much time on someone who looks at it as a job. I want the ones who are fascinated and turned on by the complexity and challenge. The type of people who are dedicated and would shoe a horse just to see how good a job they could do of it, without the "how much money do i get for it" being the only motivation. The aptitude for a good farrier is so unique that it is the rare person who fits the bill. Some can handle the physical but not the mental, others vice versa, some are lacking in communication skills or common sense. I like the way Kim talks, thats the sort of attitude you want to see in someone starting out. Every day presents new and interesting challenges, and the horse's hoof continues to fascinate me.
Rick Talbert

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 00:44 #21

• Frank de Crank
Travis Reed wrote:
Naa you don't. Have it wrong...I'm sure everyone in your area would just love for you to shoe for free....I plant flowers..I work in the garden..I cut my grass..I go to auctions...I sit in the shade and watch the chickin peck because that's what I like to do...make no bones about it I shoe for money ...just because one shoes for money does not mean I don't do the best I can what ever that might be..profit is not a sin and should not be treated like one...

Glad to see you're not an "Obamanite"

Frank van Dalen

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 01:59 #22

• Travis Reed
  • Master
Frank de Crank wrote:
Glad to see you're not an "Obamanite"

Lol you can say that again...I'm sure most are laughing at the states for vote him in..you can bet I had no part in it...
Travis Reed.....

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 02:10 #23

• Travis Reed
  • Master
Rick that's well said...and I think that's where my frustration comes in...I think other should want it as bad as I did and be willing to sacrfice...I lived in my shoeing rig for almost a year...and I'm not talkin a shower or bath ..I'm talkin a bed a window unit air and ceramic heater...in camp grounds and where ever I could plug in and what barns had hot water in the wash racks so I could shower...but I would not do it any diff..
Travis Reed.....

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 02:29 #24

Hey MPLdyCop,
I am having the same problem. I have been looking for a farrier to apprentice under for over a year now. I am even starting to branch out and open to the idea of moving to a different area if I find the right person. I have no previous training besides watching farriers when they came to the local barns that I used to work/ride at. I'm looking for the same thing you are, someone to take me on under their wing and teach me the trade. The other big problem I am having is I cant work for free because of bills, also like you, but I am more then willing to start at $50 a day and work my way up.
Best of luck to you and I hope you find someone soon! :)
Jaye Langlois

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 03:18 #25

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Most successful Farriers will take on a helper that knows little but has the gumson to work hard and learn. BUT said Farrier owes nothing to someone that is learning this trade and wants to be paid while actually slowing down the whole process...I know hard to live on nothing but as the old Apprentice Process went as I understand, the Master took them into their homes and fed them and trained them but they owed the Master so many years of service before they branch out on their own... Here if you help someone, in just a few weeks they start hangin cards and out on their own they are and when they mess up a horse, your name as an instructor is thrown out there and you look bad!!
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 04:57 #26

• Travis Reed
  • Master
I still wish smitty or anyone in his area could give us the ins and outs of how it works over there..and wonder why smitty refused to fill us in..is it one of them things not talked about
Travis Reed.....

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 18:25 #27

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Gary,

I've changed my information because I had my former mentor mentioned and I'm not getting any ride time with him because he has two other people.

You guys just don't know how bad I wish I could just take off to somewhere get room, board, and food only and work my fingers to the bone to learn. I'd love the experience.

I can't even move somewhere to get close to someone because of my two young children. Right now I'm settling for taking trips to get time here and there with someone. Not quite what I hoped for but is what it is.

I'm going back to Auburn to Blackwater Forge again at the end of the month. I can't wait. My clips SUCK and I need help. lol

Smitty,

If I could go to Ireland for a month and stay with you to learn........

I'd weed, shovel, clean, cut lawns, sweep, muck, etc. Sleep in your barn even, and eat scraps. I might stink after a while without a good shower though.
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 19:54 #28

I have taken on a few helpers and have a rather bad attitude about it.

I have an apprentice now, that is starting to pull her weight. I pay her 10 percent of the day.

She is moving soon so I will never make up what I have invested.

Before I start, I would like to make clear; I don't believe I am near the teacher Chris Gregory or Dusty Franklin are, or poses near the knowledge or skill they do.

That being said; They each make a good living teaching what they know and we praise them for it. I can teach what I know, and I believe it should be worth money. I am thinking of charging a fee to apprentice, and structuring it as follows.

Apprentice Student Pays 50.00 a day

Expected to: Clean up, unload the truck, load the truck.

Learn to: Strip, dress a foot, trim, prep shoes for reset, finish, and basic anatomy, entrepreneurship and business management.
*once they can preform the above tasks with out me having to go over or redo it, they can move up.

Apprentice Helper gets paid 10%.

Expected to: Clean up, unload the truck, load the truck, strip, dress some feet, trim some feet, prep shoes for reset, finish.
Learn to: Fit, modify shoe, build shoes, Nail on shoes, and further development of learned skills.
*Once they can demonstrate proficiency in these skills they can move up.

Apprentice Farrier gets paid 20%
Expected to assist in all aspect of the day.

This by no means is a complete concept only an Idea!!!!
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 22:06 #29

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Travis Reed wrote:
I still wish smitty or anyone in his area could give us the ins and outs of how it works over there..and wonder why smitty refused to fill us in..is it one of them things not talked about
Travis,
To the best of my understanding most of the European countries governments subsidize their training. 'Nuther words if the master's training program meets the approved criteria he receives payment from the government to train apprentices.

A good friend of mine from Sweden has that deal even though he lives and works in the US.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Help/apprentice 15 Jul 2011 22:52 #30

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
As all of us at one time or another, someone has said,"teach me how to trim my horses hoofs?" So I tell them to pay me $15,000 and I will take them with me for a year and teach them to trim, they dont ask again???:cool:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
  • jimmyoyow birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.