make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ethic and behaviour for farriers

Ethic and behaviour for farriers 18 Jun 2011 21:36 #1

• Gabino
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I'm working an "Exposition about ethic and behaviour for farriers". I found these words of Rick Talbert in another thread are a little Bible with great price.Each farrier has her idea for to be a good professional and a decent guy.Do you want share out your advices? The next generations of farriers will have a god point of reference.

Rick Talbert said:

For those new to the business, some tips they don't teach you in farrier school. Here are my top 10.
1)Every visit to a barn is an opportunity. Each time you step out of the truck you should make the owner feel like you are genuinely glad to see them and its gonna be a great day. Too many guys are all about the work and the money. Most owners dont see hooves the way we do, a guy with a grumpy attitude who is relying on the quality of his work for success will be not be as successful as the fellow who's work may be lacking a little, but he knows how to deal with people. Remember names, subconsciously people like to hear their own name during the course of conversation. Find out what each owner is into, and show interest in their interests. Everyone likes to talk about themselves. Look people in the eye and always be calm, cool, and confident.
2)dress like you are somebody. present a professional appearance. You can't expect to be respected and paid on a professional level if you do not look or act like one. Perception goes a long way.
3)communicate like you have some class. I see a lot of young guys that think its funny or cool to be **** as a rock or act like a country bumpkin. Even if your client is a country bumpkin, they will respect you much more if you are not. Speak proper english, learn how to pronounce words correctly. Use your vocabulary as a tool, your conversation as an art, and be polite.
4)be punctual.
5)don't B.S. people, know your subject matter, and answer questions honestly. Think before you speak.
6)don't gossip, and dont complain. when folks ask how you are, they dont want to hear your problems, just say "better than I deserve, how are you "
7)Be mr. positive. People love their horses, their dogs, and their kids, if you can manage to say something positive about all 3 your winning hearts and minds. Never hit a horse, even if it deserves it, you gotta have the patience of Job.
8)don't blow your own horn, be humble.
9)don't make absolute statements, or proclaim to be a miracle worker, never say you can "fix" something. Make sure the owner has realistic expectations, and its up to you to establish those expectations. Some new guys think there is more money to be had doing corrective work, so they want to "correct" every meticulous little thing they can find, and charge the owner thru the nose. The owner ends up eventually thinking "wow, I never had all these problems before this guy came along, now every horse in the barn has issues and gimmick shoes" the owner begins to dread the guy coming back next time. Especially when the guy set himself up for failure by bringing every little thing to the owners attention so that the owner can fret about it. He is mr. bad news. You should be Mr Good News, good basic skills, and the ability to differentiate minor imperfections from more serious matters. There is no such thing as the perfect hoof.
10)be diplomatic, a new client will often want you to say something bad about the old farrier. Some will even egg you on to say something negative. If asked, I will say what I would do differently, but I wont "throw someone under the bus". Respect other professionals' opinions whether they are a vet or a farrier, that doesn't mean that you cannot respectfully disagree, but you dont have to put the person down in order to build yourself up. Whoever shod the horse before and what they did is spilt milk.
**) these may seem like simplistic common sense suggestions, and they are, but there are so many guys I've run across that could make so much more money and have so many more clients if they could just get these things down to a science. Its not all about building barshoes and reading magazines. You should make an impression with each new client that leaves them having to put some effort into closing their dropped jaw when you pull off. Know your stuff and communicate well and you'll have to turn down work daily.
Gabino Fernández Baquero

www.farriergabino.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Ethic and behaviour for farriers 19 Jun 2011 00:58 #2

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Not sure where I missed that post but is by far one of the best post that has been givin on the forums....I kinda hate rick let the cat out of the bag...I was makin a good living on those things...its clear I ain't no great farrier hell I ain't even good but I stay busy and its first on the thing above and then just keepin horses sound next....the only thing I could add to this .......when you get fired don't show out..send the owner a thank you letter stating that you enjoyed them and the horse and at anytime they feel they could use ur service pleease feel free to call and you will gladly fit them in....I promise you will be back at some point...even send a xmass card the following xmas and that should be all the needed contact..don't fall over the line into stalker.....and for god sak do not I mean do not hit on the women or even get to friendly...treat them like you would ur momma..
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Ethic and behaviour for farriers 19 Jun 2011 01:06 #3

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
If you are ride along with another farrier...keep ur pie hole shut...ask no questions in ear shot of the client...only talk when the owner ask you questions...don't chat up the owner...I don't care great you are or how great u think u are...in the owners eyes ur broom boy ...if one takes issue with with being broom boy he may need a ego issue.. I had a guy help me one time and we caught some of his folks and he only had a few at the time ...I would never dare let them think he was really my helper..and I think he like that..
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Ethic and behaviour for farriers 19 Jun 2011 15:04 #4

Travis Reed wrote:
Not sure where I missed that post but is by far one of the best post that has been givin on the forums....I kinda hate rick let the cat out of the bag...I was makin a good living on those things...its clear I ain't no great farrier hell I ain't even good but I stay busy and its first on the thing above and then just keepin horses sound next....the only thing I could add to this .......when you get fired don't show out..send the owner a thank you letter stating that you enjoyed them and the horse and at anytime they feel they could use ur service pleease feel free to call and you will gladly fit them in....I promise you will be back at some point...even send a xmass card the following xmas and that should be all the needed contact..don't fall over the line into stalker.....and for god sak do not I mean do not hit on the women or even get to friendly...treat them like you would ur momma..

agreed, Rick made a great post and thank you for the thank you card idea, very classy
Justin Richardson

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.