make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFA CF Cert. Questions

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 15:26 #31

Yes Smitty,
Do to paperwork issues for the last few years (me not keeping up with it) I am only a provisional tester currently
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 15:27 #32

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
clearthinkingone wrote:
Yes Smitty,
Do to paperwork issues for the last few years (me not keeping up with it) I am only a provisional tester currently

Good stuff
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 16:15 #33

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
clearthinkingone wrote:
That is helpful.
I comprehend that in several threads you only find issues with the test. That is why i suggest you don't take the test.
Quote me. Show me. Where have I said that I have issues with the "test?"

Some folks have attempted to misrepresent the test as if it is about the horse and soundness. However, there are no FACTS in the AFA study guide which substantiate this assertion.

I have presented facts in regards to what the test is about - verifiable in the AFA study guide. Where does the study guide say the horse must walk off sound? How does the study guide say soundness is scored on the test?
I read plenty, John Grisham, Jack DuBrul, Clive Cussler, Louis Lamore, John Sanford, Edger Allen Poe Etc. Do you need to to "bone up" more on that?
I don't have a problem separating fact from fiction and fantasy. OTOH, you seem to have a fantasy that I have a problem with the test. I don't. I also don't have any fantasies in regards to what the test measuring. The study guide spells that out.
I have tested several horses and we spend time with the person testing before hand and talk about the horse and what is appropriate for that horse and what is not.
Where is this documented in the study guide? The candidate must specify expansion in advance (before the test begins). The study guide does not prohibit the candidate from selecting the "wrong" amount of expansion and proceeding with the test. In FACT, this is nothing more than giving the candidate a choice in which arbitrary criteria will be used to score their heel fit.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 17:26 #34

Ok go take the test. :)

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 17:40 #35

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
clearthinkingone wrote:

Go easy on him Michael:D
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 17:49 #36

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
clearthinkingone wrote:
Already did, and I passed without having to work at it or study for it.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 05 Aug 2011 05:40 #37

• Scotty Lang
  • Contributing Member
Forgot to ask, but what happens if you get an outlaw horse? Let's say the horse freaks out during some part, maybe while driving nails. Or, the horse keeps snatching his foot back.

Are you permitted to ask for another horse and under what conditions?

Are you ever asked to make the bar shoe as the on-site modification?

Thanks everyone!

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 05 Aug 2011 10:31 #38

• Jeff Crane
Scotty Lang wrote:
Forgot to ask, but what happens if you get an outlaw horse? Let's say the horse freaks out during some part, maybe while driving nails. Or, the horse keeps snatching his foot back.

Are you permitted to ask for another horse and under what conditions?

Are you ever asked to make the bar shoe as the on-site modification?

Thanks everyone!

If you have a bad horse there are some options. If other horses are available you can request another horse. If you are in the process of shoeing the horse and it blows up, often times there is someone with sedation to help out. If extra time is needed because of circumstances beyond your control, it is up to the examiner to allow for that. The examiner and testers want everyone to pass, so in these cases they can allow some time to finish.
The bar shoe is just like any other modification. There is always a chance to reproduce it. Be prepared to reproduce any of the shoe dispay modifications in the 30 min time limit.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 05 Aug 2011 11:59 #39

• Lori McBride
  • Thank you received: 5
I was told (and I could be mis informed :) ) that for your CF, the bar shoe is the one mod they can not ask you to replicate. Simply because, you have the option to weld with either oxy/acetylene , mig or forge. And since in the rule book power equipment is forbidden, if you used a mig welder you would be unable to replicate it. Obviously if they don't like it, they just won't pass it. :D
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 05 Aug 2011 13:03 #40

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Jeff Crane wrote:
If extra time is needed because of circumstances beyond your control, it is up to the examiner to allow for that.
Its been a while since I was a tester and involved in the process, but that was never part of the equation and candidates were never told of that possibility. Depending on the level of certification being attempted, the candidate has a specific amount of time to complete the process, period. If it is otherwise, then the playing field is no longer level.
The examiner and testers want everyone to pass, so in these cases they can allow some time to finish.
Again, perhaps things have changed, but that was not the case 'back in the day'......Lori McBride wrote:
Obviously if they don't like it, they just won't pass it.
Exactly. Though many claim it is an objective test of skills, it is actually a quite subjective test. Were this not so, then there would be no need for Examiner/Tester updates to try and get everyone on the same page when they evaluate a candidate's work. The process, while a good one, is flawed and the sooner everyone understands its limitations the better it will be for all concerned. YMMV
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 05 Aug 2011 15:31 #41

• dana fenn
  • Thank you received: 1
so when you guys are testing for the certification, who is providing the horses for it? i think Jeff has a valid point (which didn't dawn on me until he quoted it) but if you don't have Bruce Matthews there (*waves to Bruce!*) giving those devils his special touch, that has got to be frustrating trying to test and getting the "one" that's going to fight you all the way on a timed test.
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 05 Aug 2011 22:17 #42

• DHeltonCJF
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
When I took the CJF the horse was great up until the time I started nailing. I jad all 4 shoes ready to nail with 27 mins left. I was stopped so the horse could be sedated, and began after the meds took effect. Had around 9 mins left when done. The worse thing about being stopped and restarted was it took me outta my rythmn.
Dan Helton, CJF

http://farriersforge.com/

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 07 Aug 2011 02:29 #43

• Jeff Crane
I gues I should have said it differently. If you need assistance they will stop time to sedate an unruly horse.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 07 Aug 2011 02:40 #44

• Jeff Crane
Lori McBride wrote:
I was told (and I could be mis informed :) ) that for your CF, the bar shoe is the one mod they can not ask you to replicate. Simply because, you have the option to weld with either oxy/acetylene , mig or forge. And since in the rule book power equipment is forbidden, if you used a mig welder you would be unable to replicate it. Obviously if they don't like it, they just won't pass it. :D

The book states;
"Candidates must provide all tools, equipment, and materials used for on-site demonstration/modification"

"Decisions made concerning the usage of power tools at the examination site will apply to the demonstration shoe. (The decision is made on site by the approved Examiner and is generally based on safety issuses.)

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 16 Aug 2011 09:49 #45

• Scotty Lang
  • Contributing Member
thanks everyone. I guess the new question is, have you seen anyone get asked to make a bar shoe as their on-site mod?

I'm not there yet, but here's some pics of a few mods...how are they lookin? What needs help? I would appreciate any criticism and suggestions.

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
  • jimmyoyow birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.