make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFA CF Cert. Questions

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 11 Jun 2011 23:32 #16

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
tbloomer wrote:
Far as I know you can't pass with a failing trim score. OTOH, does a passing trim score mean the trim is "right?"

If it's not right shouldn't you fail or be stopped? If the trim passes it has to have been scored high enough to pass which means it has met enough criteria not to do harm, it my not be perfect, but it is within the perameters of being correct enough for the horse that the testee can proceed. Have you seen any tests where a trim was detrimental to a horse and the person was let proceed and pass?
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 11 Jun 2011 23:54 #17

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
If it's not right shouldn't you fail or be stopped?
Right according to what?
If the trim passes it has to have been scored high enough to pass which means it has met enough criteria not to do harm, it my not be perfect, but it is within the perameters of being correct enough for the horse that the testee can proceed.
Correct according to what criteria?
Have you seen any tests where a trim was detrimental to a horse and the person was let proceed and pass?
Detrimental according to what criteria? There is no comparison of before and after. The test does not evaluate the foot before it is trimmed, give it a score, then compare that score to the final product.

There is no BASELINE regarding the horse. No score comparing before and after. There is no criteria regarding soundness, before or after. The horse does not have to walk off better than it walked up in order for the candidate to get a passing score.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 12 Jun 2011 04:17 #18

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Man I had a huge long reply typed up but decided not t post it. Just no convincing those who believe the system doesn't work.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 12 Jun 2011 10:19 #19

• tbloomer
  • Master
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
Man I had a huge long reply typed up but decided not t post it. Just no convincing those who believe the system doesn't work.
It works great for what it is designed to evaluate. But they could give the exact same test on a dead horse and not have to change anything.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 12 Jun 2011 11:56 #20

• Jeff Crane
The AFA certification test is a fitting test. Same for the shoe dislpays,bar shoe and the practicle or everyday work. You shoe to a perscription and is scored according to the scoring system. Testers go by the book to keep the same standard for everyone. It really is no different than everyday shoeing, the only difference the test requires you to follow the book. Everyday shoeing, the perscription is the horse's use and eviroment. With that being said the test is also set up to keep he horse safe. A lot of people get stopped on the trim. If you score a three on any part it is an automatic stop. If the numbers don't add up to a passing score you will be stopped. You will not be able to go on to the next section unless you are passing. The use of power tools is up to the examiner but I have never seen them allowed in the shoeing part of the test. It can be a real safety hazzard when you have a pile of horses in one area. The testers are there to help you pass, they want you to pass but it is up to you to get the job done in a safe manner.
As for shoe boards go, the more shoes you have in it the harder it is to get them all to fit but you modifications would be easier to do. The fewer shoes you have the easier they are to fit but harder to make really nice modifications. The score sheet for that is set up in sections.
The first section is to see if all modifications are present and if the fronts fit the same foot and the hinds fit the same foot. If any of those don't pass the rest of the shoe board will not be scored.

My best advice is to read the book cover to cover several times! There are sample score sheets in the book. Study the book so you know what is expected of you. Go a test or twelve to get a feel of what will go on. The testers want to see you best work, no different than a trainer,customer or vet who want to see you best work.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 12 Jun 2011 13:57 #21

• tbloomer
  • Master
Jeff Crane wrote:
The AFA certification test is a fitting test.
Agreed. It is about precision and proficiency. The horse deserves that out of anybody calling them self a farrier.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 15 Jun 2011 17:59 #22

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Jeff Crane wrote:
Testers go by the book to keep the same standard for everyone.

What is considered "The Book"?
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 15 Jun 2011 18:53 #23

Joey Aczon wrote:

The Bible. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Jeff is referring to the AFA study guide.
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 16 Jun 2011 00:49 #24

• Jeff Crane
The AFA has a certification guide. It explains every aspect of the certified,certified tradesman and certified journeyman exams. It contains a list of study materials and has detailed information of what is involved. Everything from time limits and descpitions/pictures of the certified shoe board requirements and journeyman bar shoe. The book also describes all the shoeing practicle exams. There is also sample score sheets.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 01:45 #25

Joey Aczon wrote:
The Certification, Study Guide.

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 04:45 #26

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Gotcha. Thanks.
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 04:56 #27

tbloomer wrote:
Right according to what?

Correct according to what criteria?

Detrimental according to what criteria? There is no comparison of before and after. The test does not evaluate the foot before it is trimmed, give it a score, then compare that score to the final product.

There is no BASELINE regarding the horse. No score comparing before and after. There is no criteria regarding soundness, before or after. The horse does not have to walk off better than it walked up in order for the candidate to get a passing score.

Tom I suggest that you don't take the test.

Its a skills test that is all that it is. Can you do what you say you will on the day.

If a person has a problem with the test and how it is scored they will never pass. I have tested several horses and we spend time with the person testing before hand and talk about the horse and what is appropriate for that horse and what is not. The test really comes down to will you do what you say you will. A majority of the people that fail miss the fit. They all say they will give an A or B fit and hand a shoe to judge that would be way past a C closer to an F and its not boxed. The test has never failed anyone. People fail themselves.

To the OP. Take the advise to scribe for testers. You get a true understanding of the terms and how it lays out on paper. So many parts affect another score and some things end up getting scored three times. Find out where the real points are and shoot for 7 and 8's

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 15:06 #28

• tbloomer
  • Master
clearthinkingone wrote:
Tom I suggest that you don't take the test.
I suggest you bone up on your reading and comprehension.
:rolleyes:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 15:21 #29

tbloomer wrote:
I suggest you bone up on your reading and comprehension.
:rolleyes:

That is helpful.
I comprehend that in several threads you only find issues with the test. That is why i suggest you don't take the test.

I read plenty, John Grisham, Jack DuBrul, Clive Cussler, Louis Lamore, John Sanford, Edger Allen Poe Etc. Do you need to to "bone up" more on that?

RE:AFA CF Cert. Questions 19 Jun 2011 15:24 #30

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Michael are you a tester?
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.