make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday September 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Apprenticeship

Apprenticeship 07 Mar 2011 04:19 #1

• DwnRvrPony
Hello,

I'm a farrier student at hocking college and am looking for someone to appentice under for the upcoming summer.

My home is in southeastern MI - downriver area, but I am willing to stay in ohio - hocking area, or possibly travel to other parts of the states (Ihear Idaho/ S./N Dakota needs Farriers???).

I'm not exactly sure what I should put here, so ask questions if you need answers :)

I also have wed-fri off for my upcoming spring quarter, and was wondering if there was anyone in the area of Nelsonville, ohio that I could ride with.

Thanks!!

Kayla Capler
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Apprenticeship 21 Mar 2011 00:08 #2

• DwnRvrPony
Come on guys, anyone? or at least recommend some farriers for me to call?

RE:Apprenticeship 21 Mar 2011 01:07 #3

Look on the AFA website under find a farrier. call everyone close to you that is a CJF. Start there. I would give you names but I am not from your area. I think Trey Green and Jim Foy are from Ohio. Dick Becker lives in MI. All great hands. Try looking them up and networking. Best of luck.
Drew Morales, AFA C.F.

RE:Apprenticeship 21 Mar 2011 01:47 #4

Dave Farley is from somewhere in Ohio. Great, great guy and very knowledgable. He really loves teaching as well!!

Best of luck!
Justin Richardson

RE:Apprenticeship 21 Mar 2011 07:52 #5

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
DwnRvrPony wrote:

Neither Farriers or the world owe you a living or an education

you come on here blurting out an announcement
That YOU ARE HERE AND LOOK WHAT I HAVE almost DONE
mostly nothing and then come back impatiently and suggest to the board they should hurry to get to you
a monicome of humility and some pictures n a spiel on yourself
could do you better in presentation to prospective employers or educators and Friends n mentors ;)

I do wish you well n good yeah;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Apprenticeship 21 Mar 2011 15:29 #6

• gchotshod
good luck with that

RE:Apprenticeship 21 Mar 2011 20:40 #7

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
DwnRvrPony wrote:

Call Red ,he could be looking for someone willing to travel:D

RE:Apprenticeship 22 Mar 2011 02:28 #8

hey dwnrvr- its great that you want to learn, but realize that having a demanding "i deserve this" attitude will not get you very far in any avenue you choose. make some calls via AFA website and you should find somebody, so long as you be more polite in your communication
Justin Richardson

RE:Apprenticeship 22 Mar 2011 06:57 #9

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
I'm not sticking ***** into the OP

Its a tuff olgame were playin in and folks get put off from overconfidence in youngsters
I have been there n done that and suffered the consequences
better to be eased into gear now and see our new mate get lent a hand up
like I said I do wish the kid well n good ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:Apprenticeship 24 Mar 2011 16:47 #10

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Red,
You could fly her down and back and pay a good wage while she's learning.

Kayla,
How old are you? It matters. There are exceptions but under 25 make me very wary.
You have to under stand that you are asking someone to take time (money) from their day to teach you.
One way to look at this is to expect a working Farrier to pay you the same amount that your, or some of the other Farrier schools pay their students.
If you come with the attitude that you don't expect pay, won't talk, you'll clean up, just watch and learn from that, things will go well and get better.
As you're a woman it could be even harder to get on with someone, just saying.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Apprenticeship 25 Mar 2011 03:30 #11

• DwnRvrPony
Sorry, I posted that because everyone seemed to be passing over my thread, it wasn't from confidence, more like frustration.

I've scoured the internet and went to local feed shops/tack stores and found fewer than 5 farriers in my area. I called 3 and they were instantly disinterested in me. Maybe it's just that they have a negative opinion about the school I go to, or maybe that it's that I'm young and a girl. Seeing as how the guys in my class have no trouble finding mentors.

Yes, I'm young 20 - 21 in may, and a girl. I never said anything about pay, although it would be nice. I just want to learn, because I want to be able to work on horses at like tracks and my school doesn't teach that - but from it looks of it, I might just have to wait until I'm a sour old broad before any even gives me a chance.

Thanks.

RE:Apprenticeship 25 Mar 2011 03:39 #12

• DwnRvrPony
justincase289 wrote:
hey dwnrvr- its great that you want to learn, but realize that having a demanding "i deserve this" attitude will not get you very far in any avenue you choose. make some calls via AFA website and you should find somebody, so long as you be more polite in your communication

My original post was polite, as I have been to everyone I've met in real life.

Hasn't gotten me anywhere. Yet I post something people think is rude because they don't know my thoughts behind it and almost instantly people respond. :confused:

RE:Apprenticeship 25 Mar 2011 04:14 #13

My original post was polite, as I have been to everyone I've met in real life.

Hasn't gotten me anywhere. Yet I post something people think is rude because they don't know my thoughts behind it and almost instantly people respond.

Lass

Welcome to shoeing. Brace yourself that's just the way it is. I have a little advice for ya.

1) Grow thick skin you'll need it for everything from nails being drug through your hands and legs, too other farriers chewing you up and down.

2) Learn to take your lumps when they come, there is going to be a lot of them.

Be prepared to travel. Currently I am driving three and a half hours away to apprentice with a more experienced farrier. The guy that works my off week flies in from California to Oklahoma.

I had a hard time finding a helper this year, went through 3 boys, 1 had been to shoeing school. Finally a girl answered my add, I hired her and she is the best help I have ever had. So hang in there, nothing about this trade is going to come easy.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Apprenticeship 25 Mar 2011 04:16 #14

Oh ya, should start singing your posts with your first and last name, rule of the forum. :D not trying to be mean just trying to help.
Jason RoTramel
RHC Farrier Service

Shut up and get it done!

RE:Apprenticeship 26 Mar 2011 06:05 #15

If you are serious about the work, i know my brother will need some help in South Dakota this summer, Where did you go to school, and can you pull and finish to a top standard all day?

Kunena Birthday Module

• Dennis Peveto birthday is today
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • Robyn Beane birthday is today
  • vanderblij birthday is today
  • Viking farrier birthday is today
  • irideazippo birthday is in 1 day
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is in 1 day
  • RidingGrace birthday is in 1 day
  • clearhillsfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Creager7850 birthday is in 364 days
  • lindar131 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.