make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday June 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hibernation is over.

Hibernation is over. 21 Feb 2011 23:30 #1

Howdy all,
Well, winter is still upon us in Montana.
But I am back , working IN the business.
I just started up again last year, here in this new locality.
I joined up with you all , and decided to really structure my business for me this time.
As in my past, I had burnt myself out on Shoeing by the way I had always done business.
This time, I'm going to run it as a business.
I have been spending alot of hours, on setting up a business profile.
A set of standards, that I am going to follow.

As business has pretty much been at a stand still for the last few months, I have had to take on other money making opportunities to get by.
But now, as the shoeing season is just a month or two away, I am putting all my time and efforts into making my business work for me.

I guess it took getting older to wake up and fix the problems I had started or allowed.

So,I just wanted to say Howdy to you all.
And that I am really grateful for this site , and all of you that share your knowledge and experiences.
It really does give a guy ( or gal) a little bit of inner strength to stick to your guns on certain matters.
And this year I plan on adding a few products to my line, and I know I can get excellent advice from you all.

Thanks again,
You'll be seeing more of me

John Conner
John's Horseshoeing L.L.C
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 22 Feb 2011 01:54 #2

  • Jim Sweeney
  • Jim Sweeney's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 474
  • Karma: 0
What town are you in Dusty? I have hunted in the mountains south of Ennis, I have friends who have been in the outfitting biz there in Ennis for many years. I don't hunt much anymore but would'nt mind flyfishing the Madison on a regular basis. Good luck with your business plan
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 22 Feb 2011 02:58 #3

  • ray tyron
  • ray tyron's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Very Senior Member
  • Posts: 781
  • Karma: 0
My family around missoula and a few outlaws I know in the bitterroot keep telling me their is a lot of demand up their so you should do well in the summer. I hope every thing works out for you.
Nothing forced or misunderstood can ever be beautiful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 23 Feb 2011 09:13 #4

  • Rachael Kane
  • Rachael Kane's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Very Senior Member
  • Posts: 536
  • Thank you received: 10
  • Karma: 5
Hey Dusty,
That concept of working IN your business is a good one, keep at it. Having moved last year to a new area I have been going thru the same process and sometimes it seems nuts to stick to your guns on decisions you have made, it's really hard sometimes.
I had a rough week last week where I wondered why I do this, but this week has been absolutely beautiful - nice weather, horses that stand, doing nice work, forging at nights - and I remember why again:).
If I'm truly honest, the last 6 months of 'setting up' have been pretty yuck in a lot of ways, but I'm confident that the foundation I laid and the strong decisions I've made will make it easier later. Stick with what YOU want, and those 'pesky' customers will not come by so often.
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 25 Apr 2011 04:37 #5

Thanks for the welcome , you all.

Boy, its April now, and it finally got nice , and quit snowing.
Well, it sort of quit snowing, it just isnt sticking.

had to take on a few side jobs to get through the spring.
But, people are starting to call, and I saw alot of people working with horses today, as I drove around on Easter Day.
So the hibernation really is over ,
whew!

I'm running around the Anaconda/ Butte area.

The Madison is about an hour away.
But dang Sweeney, the Beaverhead was the best fishin Ive ever done.
I lived/worked on a ranch down in Twin , and the Beaverhead ran through it.
I used to fish it on my Sunday afternoons off.
It was AMAZING ! Browns running 23 inches, and the biggest brookies Ive ever caught , running 12 - 14 inches.
When it rains, and the water gets muddy, you'll pull one in with theyre mouths stuffed with leeches.
take a leech , and rig it on a hook and your set.
Oh, you like to fly fish, so I bet a marabou black leech pattern would be the ticket.

Ive never fished the Madison, so I guess I cant honestly compare.
I can give you directions , to where I fished , as the landowner allows walk in fishing, and theres a sign saying so.


Holler if your ever up this way

John
John's Horseshoeing L.L.C
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 26 Apr 2011 02:09 #6

welcome back from your hibernation john.
Gary W. Atchison-Mustang Farrier Service-Hillsboro Texas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 26 Apr 2011 11:03 #7

  • Show Shoe
  • Show Shoe's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 242
  • Karma: 0
It was a long winter. We're still snowmobiling in the great north woods probably last through the 1st weekend in May the way it looks. Over 6 months of snow this year but I geuss I wont complain it's my favorite time of year.
Jeremy Lacroix
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 26 Apr 2011 15:12 #8

Howdy
Thanks for the welcome back Mustang,

Show Shoe, thats crazy. I am so tired of snow.
We had a few days of sun , til yesterday, when it snowed , yet again.

Last week, business was picking up, and I could feel it in the air, that riding time was near.
But this new snow , is going to set people back a bit.

I do have a handful of clients that take regular care of theyre horses feet.
But not enough to keep me busy in the cold and snow.
I'm not worried though, as I have room for growth, and it seems I'm getting all the right accounts , that will lead to more this year.

Man , I'm pumped. I got all my ducks in a row. This time I made the business an L.L.C.
I got my State " Independant Contractors Exemption Cert.

I made some good money recently , re roofing a wharehouse, and I put that $ into stock and supplies.

I'm 46 years old , and my trucks bed is higher than I like, so my 125 lb anvil was getting hard to load up at the end of the day, after shoeing.
The tailgate is above my belly button
So , I bought a light little 70 lb' er to use for now. till I either get a rig with a lower tailgate, or go to a trailer.
It sure is easy to throw in the truck.

I've been watching the VETTEC DVD, as I have never used that product.
I have a new client, whose horse , has an old coronary band injury , and the quarter crack is pretty bad.
She's had a vet, and a couple different Farriers work on it in the past.

So far, the best option , for her has been to keep that foot in a bar shoe , almost year round.
She does ride that horse almost daily, throughout the season.

So, my current research activities, are focusing on possibly using the vettec products, to fill the sole and relieve the pressure off of the Lateral quarter that is affected.

But , I think this is leading to a question I should post in another area.
and I will here shortly.

Dang , its nice to be back to doing what I love.

Take Care,
John Conner

Its definitely not as solid as the 125 er, but,
John's Horseshoeing L.L.C
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 27 Apr 2011 23:48 #9

  • Show Shoe
  • Show Shoe's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 242
  • Karma: 0
Dusty Roundup wrote:
Howdy
Thanks for the welcome back Mustang,

Show Shoe, thats crazy. I am so tired of snow.
We had a few days of sun , til yesterday, when it snowed , yet again.

Last week, business was picking up, and I could feel it in the air, that riding time was near.
But this new snow , is going to set people back a bit.

I do have a handful of clients that take regular care of theyre horses feet.
But not enough to keep me busy in the cold and snow.
I'm not worried though, as I have room for growth, and it seems I'm getting all the right accounts , that will lead to more this year.

Man , I'm pumped. I got all my ducks in a row. This time I made the business an L.L.C.
I got my State " Independant Contractors Exemption Cert.

I made some good money recently , re roofing a wharehouse, and I put that $ into stock and supplies.

I'm 46 years old , and my trucks bed is higher than I like, so my 125 lb anvil was getting hard to load up at the end of the day, after shoeing.
The tailgate is above my belly button
So , I bought a light little 70 lb' er to use for now. till I either get a rig with a lower tailgate, or go to a trailer.
It sure is easy to throw in the truck.

I've been watching the VETTEC DVD, as I have never used that product.
I have a new client, whose horse , has an old coronary band injury , and the quarter crack is pretty bad.
She's had a vet, and a couple different Farriers work on it in the past.

So far, the best option , for her has been to keep that foot in a bar shoe , almost year round.
She does ride that horse almost daily, throughout the season.

So, my current research activities, are focusing on possibly using the vettec products, to fill the sole and relieve the pressure off of the Lateral quarter that is affected.

But , I think this is leading to a question I should post in another area.
and I will here shortly.

Dang , its nice to be back to doing what I love.

Take Care,
John Conner

Its definitely not as solid as the 125 er, but,

I wish you the best in your venture,but if you need to watch a dvd on how to fix a quarter crack you are not experienced enough to even be working on this horse. I'm sorry to say it but there alot of farriers out there that think a video or reading online will give them the experience to attempt problems like this. It just doesn't sound like your confident enough or experienced enough . It doesn't matter that your only going to charge for the product it doesn't sound like your qualified to do the job so you should really leave it alone.
Jeremy Lacroix
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 28 Apr 2011 13:26 #10

  • ray tyron
  • ray tyron's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Very Senior Member
  • Posts: 781
  • Karma: 0
Show Shoe wrote:
I wish you the best in your venture,but if you need to watch a dvd on how to fix a quarter crack you are not experienced enough to even be working on this horse. I'm sorry to say it but there alot of farriers out there that think a video or reading online will give them the experience to attempt problems like this. It just doesn't sound like your confident enough or experienced enough . It doesn't matter that your only going to charge for the product it doesn't sound like your qualified to do the job so you should really leave it alone.

funny , when using a new product I tend to read the directions to. Man do I feel du mb. :rolleyes:
Nothing forced or misunderstood can ever be beautiful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 28 Apr 2011 13:31 #11

  • chris bunting
  • chris bunting's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 1468
  • Thank you received: 9
  • Karma: 5
i am with you jeremy .
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 28 Apr 2011 19:03 #12

Well,
OUCH !
Hmm, thats the first time Ive been "put in my place on here".
But thats OK.
Chris, from what I have read, you seem to be one of the ELITE.
Jeremy, sorry but I havent read much of your posts, you may be Elite also, I dont know.

As for me .
Maybe you are right about me , but I guess, if it were up to you, my clients in this area, would be stuck, with what they have had .
I try to offer more in depth care , than what they have seen in a long time.
I also try to learn as much as I can , to expand on what I can offer , to help keep my clients horses, balanced and sound .
Granted, I finished school back in the days of "Pegasus and KwikPoly"
and I did apprentice with a "Few" different Farriers. (One of which , you would more than likely know , or at least heard of)
But, to be honest, I never did run my business correctly, and I have taken ranch jobs , in between. So there are gaps in my resume, so to speak.

As far as , "watching a Vettec" dvd, to see theyre product line, giving you the impression that I am not worthy to "even be working on a horse"

Well, I guess I now have my first impression of you .
I dont tolerate Arrogance, or Ignorance.

We are done Gentlemen.

John Conner
John's Horseshoeing L.L.C
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 28 Apr 2011 21:23 #13

John,
The Vettec products are very easy to use. Don't skrimp on any of the steps, especially the clean and dry, and the mesh. They ARE quite expensive. I like them a lot for some applications.

I prefer to use the Equilox or Victory Hoof Life and fiberglass for holding the crack together, if you decide to do that. It's much cheaper than the Superfast and sticks better than the Adhere, for me. A clip works pretty good, too, and is cheaper and sticks better than all the other stuff. :D

I like the Equipak CS for sole support, and the bar shoe to help redistribute the pressure. There are threads on here on fixing hoof cracks. I would encourage you to check them out.

If you could get someone with experience in working with Q cracks that would be good. It would make you look good to the client, too. Just get someone who is REALLY good and REALLY busy.;)

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 28 Apr 2011 22:07 #14

  • solidrockshoer
  • solidrockshoer's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Admin
  • Posts: 12874
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: -1
Equipak is very simple. Buy the blue foam pad, expose the double sided tape, put it on the shoe and let the horse stand on it. Then fill in the foot with Equipak! If you have a spot you don't want the equipak to go. Fill it with some playdough before you put the styrofoam on.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Hibernation is over. 29 Apr 2011 20:26 #15

  • Show Shoe
  • Show Shoe's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 242
  • Karma: 0
Dusty Roundup wrote:
Well,
OUCH !
Hmm, thats the first time Ive been "put in my place on here".
But thats OK.
Chris, from what I have read, you seem to be one of the ELITE.
Jeremy, sorry but I havent read much of your posts, you may be Elite also, I dont know.

As for me .
Maybe you are right about me , but I guess, if it were up to you, my clients in this area, would be stuck, with what they have had .
I try to offer more in depth care , than what they have seen in a long time.
I also try to learn as much as I can , to expand on what I can offer , to help keep my clients horses, balanced and sound .
Granted, I finished school back in the days of "Pegasus and KwikPoly"
and I did apprentice with a "Few" different Farriers. (One of which , you would more than likely know , or at least heard of)
But, to be honest, I never did run my business correctly, and I have taken ranch jobs , in between. So there are gaps in my resume, so to speak.

As far as , "watching a Vettec" dvd, to see theyre product line, giving you the impression that I am not worthy to "even be working on a horse"

Well, I guess I now have my first impression of you .
I dont tolerate Arrogance, or Ignorance.

We are done Gentlemen.

John Conner

It's not arrogance or ignorance. The first impression I've gotten from reading your post is that you lack experience. I feel the ignorance is yours. Set me straight what is your experience? I'm not trying to put you down or discourage you. I wish you lots of luck!
Jeremy Lacroix
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kunena Birthday Module

  • cowgirlup birthday is today
  • gabear67E2 birthday is today
  • jimmyoyow birthday is today
  • AClement birthday is in 1 day
  • andreanelson birthday is in 1 day
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is in 1 day
  • Docbarhorse birthday is in 1 day
  • SherryinPA birthday is in 1 day
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.