make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: January/February class

RE:January/February class 10 Feb 2011 01:44 #16

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Smitty I hate to be the barrier of all things bad but I will say I have seen better work...........out of you on taking pictures the light is a tad off make the right side of the shoes look a tad greenish...lol..
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:January/February class 10 Feb 2011 05:25 #17

Well I will get some shoes made tomorrow and posted. Tomorrow is the close date. Any more takers?

Smitty I hope that you can bum another piece of aluminum and have a go yourself.

RE:January/February class 10 Feb 2011 07:25 #18

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Travis Reed wrote:
Smitty I hate to be the barrier of all things bad but I will say I have seen better work...........out of you on taking pictures the light is a tad off make the right side of the shoes look a tad greenish...lol..

hey i never said i was a pro at anything;)
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:January/February class 12 Feb 2011 07:25 #19

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Smitty, those are absolutely beautiful shoes, but I agree with Travis your photography skills are falling a bit. Did you have any guiness in you when you shot the pics?:D

RE:January/February class 12 Feb 2011 10:13 #20

• smitty88
  • Guru
Dhelton wrote:
Smitty, those are absolutely beautiful shoes, but I agree with Travis your photography skills are falling a bit. Did you have any guiness in you when you shot the pics?:D

Dan i put it down to the lights in the forge:)

the youg lad was happy with them
condidering it was his first and only two shoes

working with the aluminium
he made them in the coke
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:January/February class 12 Feb 2011 14:39 #21

OK my wife had an unexpected night of from work so I didn't get my entry's made for this contest.

Looks like we have three entry's to chose from so lets place them in First, Second and third.

Contestant Number 1: John Muldoon post # 8

Contestant Number 2: Joe Nygren Post # 9

Contestant Number 3: James (Smittys App) Post # 11,12,14,15

Lets let everyone judge. List 1,2,3 AND why you picked them that way. Lets have the judging end on Feb 16th.

I think this should be as much about feed back so please explain why you judged the way you did and feel free to rip my shoe apart as well and what you thought about it when you had to make it.

RE:January/February class 12 Feb 2011 14:43 #22

• smitty88
  • Guru
Michael were do you vote
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:January/February class 12 Feb 2011 15:12 #23

smitty88 wrote:
Michael were do you vote

1st place.

Joe Nygreen. He matched the same elements of specimen shoe. The placement of the lateral clip and the toe nails matched the radius of the toe.
I would have liked to see better heels on the shoes.

2nd place.

James

Lovely shoes that missed a couple of element in clip placement and wear nails were in a straight line not matching the radius of the toe. I don't know if he was able to see the photo of the specimen or not.

Both first and second place were nicely forged shoes.

3rd place.

John Muldoon
Made only one shoe did not match the specimen. Shoe would have cleaned up a lot nicer with a wide face hammer and a good flattening run around the shoe before the clips were drawn. And Aluminum is a rasping shoe. Johns shoe beat all the other guys (including myself) that didn't make the shoes and enter:D

Thoughts on the shoe I made. Looking at the photo it looks a little chunky still. Holding it in my hand I don't think it does. That being said the three guys that entered made shoes that seemed to flow pretty well without looking chunky. I made my shoe with a TB foot in mind which is why the shoe is shaped the way it is.

RE:January/February class 12 Feb 2011 18:32 #24

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
Micheal, I made these awhile back, hoping to make some more for the contest, but never got to it.

could yall critique these, I see alot wrong, fullering drifts, shoes are chunky, not sure about nail and clip placement. Thanks

http://horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=329&pictureid=4964
Chad Rice, CF

RE:January/February class 13 Feb 2011 04:11 #25

Chad you should have entered up even if thats all you made its just for fun.

Looking at the shoe the biggest things that stand out:
Fullering
Try to follow the same radius as the branch. You had some straight spots in a bending branch. Its a very round shoe and needs a very round fuller. I fuller most of my shoe in the straight (3/4 of my depth) So I use a straight fuller then. After I turn my branch I switch to a rounder fuller. Keep your fullering the same depth to close to the end.

Heels.
Start to try and put a check in them rather then making a round heel. Try to imagine the type of foot your shoeing and how the frog would look. Think of ideal feet when making a contest shoe.

Clips were more of a quarter clip and yours are side clipped.

The wear nails are not consistent on both shoes. Mark with a sharpie first then a center punch mark and then fore punch. Gives more constancy.

RE:January/February class 13 Feb 2011 15:27 #26

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
clearthinkingone wrote:
Chad you should have entered up even if thats all you made its just for fun.

Looking at the shoe the biggest things that stand out:
Fullering
Try to follow the same radius as the branch. You had some straight spots in a bending branch. Its a very round shoe and needs a very round fuller. I fuller most of my shoe in the straight (3/4 of my depth) So I use a straight fuller then. After I turn my branch I switch to a rounder fuller. Keep your fullering the same depth to close to the end.

Heels.
Start to try and put a check in them rather then making a round heel. Try to imagine the type of foot your shoeing and how the frog would look. Think of ideal feet when making a contest shoe.

Clips were more of a quarter clip and yours are side clipped.

The wear nails are not consistent on both shoes. Mark with a sharpie first then a center punch mark and then fore punch. Gives more constancy.

Thanks Micheal, I was more worried about the feedback than the contest. This was the first pair I made.

Hope you keep this going.
Chad Rice, CF

RE:January/February class 13 Feb 2011 17:51 #27

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
No offense to anyone else, but I see Smitty's lad as head and shoulders over the other entries even if the wear nails were not exactly following the specs.
P

RE:January/February class 13 Feb 2011 18:24 #28

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
reillyshoe wrote:
No offense to anyone else, but I see Smitty's lad as head and shoulders over the other entries even if the wear nails were not exactly following the specs.

It's all in the eyes of the judge! ;)

RE:January/February class 14 Feb 2011 01:54 #29

reillyshoe wrote:

No offense taken and based on forging the shoes are great. But it did not match the same specimen shoe. Miss an element and you move back wards.
The main problem was the clip placement.

And the judging is open to everyone to judge.:)

RE:January/February class 14 Feb 2011 02:14 #30

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
clearthinkingone wrote:
No offense taken and based on forging the shoes are great. But it did not match the same specimen shoe. Miss an element and you move back wards.
The main problem was the clip placement.

And the judging is open to everyone to judge.:)

Hey Michael, I like your judging. You made the specimans and you knew what you wanted. You're judging reflected what you wanted out of your shoes. I've beaten some guys much better than me because I had elements the judge was looking for.

FYI, Smitty does not take dead on shots. He takes angled shots which look good for photography. You can't even tell that the nail heads are sticking up in the one pick, imagine what other details are missed in that view. His app does very nice work but I would disqualify him for the angled views of the work.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Chris Daniel birthday is today
  • FordWayFarm birthday is today
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is today
  • Alykee07 birthday is in 1 day
  • Anvil375 birthday is in 1 day
  • Martin Kenny birthday is in 1 day
  • mattsherberg43 birthday is in 1 day
  • missjestr birthday is in 1 day
  • Mitch White birthday is in 1 day
  • ravensgate birthday is in 1 day
  • Tim Neal birthday is in 1 day
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 363 days
  • JWHORSESHOEING birthday is in 364 days
  • TheCircleT birthday is in 364 days
  • THOROBREDS birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.