make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 11, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: On line conference- how was it?

On line conference- how was it? 23 Nov 2010 06:55 #1

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
I haven't read anything about the on line conference- how was it? DHelton's youtube video (posted in one of the threads) looked great.
P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:On line conference- how was it? 23 Nov 2010 15:48 #2

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Pat, I think it was a good investment for anyone who attended. Phillip Box provided a very good presentation and discussion opportunity on the topic of tool making and maintenance. This was timely for me as it complimented a Jim Keith DVD I had just received on similar topics.

Steve Krause shared a presentation on "The Effects of Conformation on Soundness and Performance" that is nearly textbook quality in content. Steve indicated he wants to provide dialog material for that same content and offer the product for sale in the future. He was well prepared and provided information that should be a normal part of any farrier's everyday shoeing.

Dan Helton clearly invested a lot of time and energy creating video demonstrations of forging techniques. I've been impressed with Chris Gregory's DVD series covering AFA certification shoe building. Dan's barshoe demonstration matched the quality and content of Chris's barshoe DVD and provided even more detail about successfully creating the weld. His other videos were just as detailed and valuable.

Ray Steele hosted a round table discussion on business management. Good questions and thoughts about identifying material costs and their management.

Dusty Franklin provided a detailed walk-through of the AFA certification scoring sheets for the CF, CTF and CJF levels, talking about the details that examiners expect and look for in each aspect of the test. It provided me with a better idea of what to expect when standing for the exams and cleared up some of the questions I had about the process.

The session ended with a two hour round table hosted by Baron for the attendees and the presenters. It gave everyone a chance to ask questions about things they may not have covered during specific presentations.

It's certainly a different format for learning. The paltalk technology used to manage the conference isn't perfect so a bit of patience was required at times. This is an area that I'm sure Baron will continue to work on.

The greatest value was in having the opportunity to see these presentations and discuss their content from the comfort of ones own home. It's a cost effective way to gather clinicians and teachers from around the country and share educational content. It's a lot like reading a textbook or watching a training video plus the added value of being able to pause and ask specific questions about the content.

Dan Helton's approach was unique in the way he broke up his video presentations into very specific, short details. This allowed for good discussion between each phase of the task he wanted to demonstrate. It was certainly clinician level quality. Watching it made me realize that a learning farrier could do the same thing in reverse. If one is having difficulty with a single aspect of forging or shoeing, a video could be made of the problem areas then shared with a teacher/clinician for feedback on how to resolve some of those problems.

I also think that this kind of conference is a good experience for the presenters. It forces them to examine the way they present information and how to engage a remote audience. It is also is a good representation of the role that technology can play in the teaching process.

That's my take on the conference. It's a worthwhile investment and provides added value to the co-op membership at the F&HRC.

Cheers,
Mark

RE:On line conference- how was it? 23 Nov 2010 15:53 #3

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Well, I missed it. My wife had the week off and we spent it doing home improvements, mainly scraping popcorn ceilings and retexturing. So, my question is, when do we get the DVD's? Thanks Baron.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:On line conference- how was it? 23 Nov 2010 21:16 #4

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
I just finished the first step of the process, and will start editing them after Thanksgiving. With a little luck I'm hoping to have them in the mail in a few weeks. Except for one glitch during Dan's presentation, the new recording software worked well. I managed to recreate that part of his presentation, sans his commentary. Luckily almost all of that portion consisted of the playing of the videos. I'm going to jigger it a bit next year to improve the recording frame rate, and therefore the playback quality of the videos. Other than that, I'm happy with how it went from a technical standpoint.

Baron Tayler
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:On line conference- how was it? 24 Nov 2010 02:51 #5

• Alicia Thompson
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
....... fuzz bucket.... I thought it was at the end of the month :( where is the head exploding icon when you need it??
Forget thinking outside the box, instead realize there is no box.
- Alicia Thompson

http://thompsonfarrierservice.com

RE:On line conference- how was it? 24 Nov 2010 03:30 #6

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm just thankful that as a member of the FHRC, I know I will get a copy. Was a show farrier for the entrire weekend so missed it. I appreciate all Baron does for us.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

Kunena Birthday Module

• bertfair birthday is today
  • By His Grace birthday is today
  • farrierhc@gmail.com birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is today
  • Hextall27 birthday is today
  • irons_shoer birthday is today
  • jrandolph birthday is today
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is today
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 1 day
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 1 day
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 1 day
  • texasgunsel birthday is in 363 days
  • alexbonnetfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • BeckiandBugs birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.