make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 11, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: could use some wisdom!

RE:could use some wisdom! 05 Oct 2010 23:58 #91

reillyshoe wrote:
Hey, if someone providing advice in the "farriers helping..." section doesn't know the difference, then it might be entirely possible to sell a barefoot trim at any price.

Oh take that up with Baron, Pat.

Doesn't know the difference? I have a feeling that what the equipment was called depends on what you're putting in it. I've already explained why I called it a kiln but kiln or forge, the equipment was the same. Perhaps I should add the time period though...the 70's.

reillyshoe wrote:
The general public is not exactly knowledgeable on the topic of hoofcare (hence my objection to Baron allowing non farriers to provide advice on a forum where the public asks questions of farriers, but that is another topic).

If any advice I've given, since being allowed to post here, was truly objectionable, I think action would've already been taken.

So again, sounds like a beef you have with Baron and not me....take it up with him.

Thanks.
“Think for yourself and question authority” ~Timothy Leary~

Benjamin Franklin was often quoted as saying "it is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority."

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:05 #92

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
I have taken it up with Baron. It is clearly his sandbox, and he can make the rules. I am free, however, to object to your posting in any section entitled "Farriers helping...". People come here (farriers and horseowners) expecting help from farriers. You are not a farrier, yet you are allowed to provide advice. This is not a personal comment, but I think that is wrong. Your confusion of a kiln and a forge helps to illustrate my point about the knowledge base, and people do come here looking for advice from farriers, not trimmers. There is a difference.
P

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:32 #93

reillyshoe wrote:
I have taken it up with Baron. It is clearly his sandbox, and he can make the rules. I am free, however, to object to your posting in any section entitled "Farriers helping...". People come here (farriers and horseowners) expecting help from farriers. You are not a farrier, yet you are allowed to provide advice. This is not a personal comment, but I think that is wrong. Your confusion of a kiln and a forge helps to illustrate my point about the knowledge base, and people do come here looking for advice from farriers, not trimmers. There is a difference.

Yes, you can object all you want.

I want to know how much advice you think I've given. Have you really looked that closely?

I would just point out that a horse owner may be more familiar with kilns of the type I was talking about than the technical name, forge, for the same exact equipment being used to heat up shoes.

However, if there was ever any real problem for folks over this tid bit, there won't be any more. :)

BTW, that was some nice looking pottery Mark posted a photo of.

Benjamin Franklin was often quoted as saying "it is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority."

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:34 #94

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Anne Tree Coley wrote:
Yes, you can object all you want.

I want to know how much advice you think I've given. Have you really looked that closely?

I would just point out that a horse owner may be more familiar with kilns of the type I was talking about than the technical name, forge, for the same exact equipment being used to heat up shoes.

However, if there was ever any real problem for folks over this tid bit, there won't be any more. :)

BTW, that was some nice looking pottery Mark posted a photo of.

440 times. I looked closely.:)
P

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:35 #95

reillyshoe wrote:
440 times. I looked closely.:)

And the content? I mean you were referring to advice given, right?

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:39 #96

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Some of what you say is very good, although you are not a farrier. People are looking for farrier advice. If you were a farrier, you would know that a farrier works out of a forge, not a kiln.

You know the old saying, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades!

I seriously do think there is an important difference between your advice and the advice of farriers.
P

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:44 #97

reillyshoe wrote:
Some of what you say is very good, although you are not a farrier.

Thank you. Perhaps this is why I'm allowed.

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 00:50 #98

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Anne Tree Coley wrote:
Thank you. Perhaps this is why I'm allowed.

Your welcome, but I still don't think you should be. Being a farrier should mean something. It is about an all around education, and unfortunatley trimming is only a portion of an all around education. It absolutely needs to be done well, but someone providing advice to farriers or horseowners should also know the difference between a forge and a kiln- so I cannot support your posting here,under the guise of a farrier, in a section providing business advice to a young farrier.
P

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 01:05 #99

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
michaelgalik wrote:
Is the horse shoeing business considered a public service? By that I mean we provide a service TO OUR CUSTOMERS? right? So ultimately its there decision if they want to use farrier A or farrier B. so why take it personal? Kind of like buying groceries at wallmart or Albertsons. Sometimes Albertsons has lower prices(farrier A). But wallmart can offer more(farrier B).where do you go?

Depends what your horse is worth to you. I compare it to price shopping for cardiologists.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 01:22 #100

reillyshoe wrote:
It absolutely needs to be done well, but someone providing advice to farriers or horseowners should also know the difference between a forge and a kiln- so I cannot support your posting here,under the guise of a farrier, in a section providing business advice to a young farrier.

kiln [kil]
(engineering)
A heated enclosure used for drying, burning, or firing materials such as ore or ceramics.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific & Technical Terms, 6E, Copyright © 2003 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.

Ore
n.
A mineral or an aggregate of minerals from which a valuable constituent, especially a metal, can be profitably mined or extracted.

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 01:43 #101

• reillyshoe
  • Master
As you see, we then end up arguing about things that should not require arguing. I will refrain from posting the definition of a forge for you, but you should look it up, as it is different from the definition of a kiln.
P

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 02:06 #102

reillyshoe wrote:
As you see, we then end up arguing about things that should not require arguing. I will refrain from posting the definition of a forge for you, but you should look it up, as it is different from the definition of a kiln.

Sometimes arguments advance learning. :D While you will insist things are black and white, I realize gray exists.

This is an interesting type of forge. http://www.zoellerforge.com/simplegasforge.html

Atleast we kept our discussion civil. Thank you for that too.

As for my idea of a kiln, it wasn't the large ones used for pottery and I did explain that...ref. copper enameling. It was a size to fit my Farrier's rig. I couldn't imagine any farrier hauling around a brick oven type kiln. I've seen homemade forges that looked more like a wood stove...no insulated sides, only metal.

This is what I bring to the table...info based on my experiences. You have your own. I still think the crux of this has to do with your feelings (which you've expressed) towards Trimmers being here.

You've not really paid much attention to what I've been saying other than when you can find fault with it. I'll do well to ignore it in the future and stick to something more useful that has nothing to do with someone else's personal hangup.

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 10:33 #103

• Show Shoe
Anne Tree Coley wrote:
Yes, how? I don't see anything specific below that explains how you'd, "make sure they weren't around long."

I wont even bother with you your not even a farrier!:D
Jeremy Lacroix

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 10:38 #104

• Show Shoe
Rick Burten wrote:
OK, but how would you make sure they weren't around long?

And, isn't the other guy also in business to make money? What if s/he did a job comparable to yours?

Its been my experience that a customer who quits you over a minor cost differential already has problems with you, even if unspoken, and is just looking for a reason to fire you.

I'm not worried about getting fired it's some newbie coming in trying to steal business by low balling. I'm sure you would not be bothered by a newbie coming in trying to steal your business by undercutting you instead of by skill. In this economy people may try a low baller to save money. Like I said in my area I can pretty much choose where I want to shoe. I have a list of newbies I give my overflow to.
Jeremy Lacroix

RE:could use some wisdom! 06 Oct 2010 12:17 #105

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
patrick i think you should introduce this plank woman to mark caldwell he would soon put her straight
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

Kunena Birthday Module

• bertfair birthday is today
  • By His Grace birthday is today
  • farrierhc@gmail.com birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is today
  • Hextall27 birthday is today
  • irons_shoer birthday is today
  • jrandolph birthday is today
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is today
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 1 day
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 1 day
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 1 day
  • texasgunsel birthday is in 363 days
  • alexbonnetfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • BeckiandBugs birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.