make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday October 6, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I could use a little help

RE:I could use a little help 22 Dec 2005 08:20 #16

• T. Wm. HALL
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Morgan,
This is surely one of the best questions I have seen on here in a while. Everyone has pretty much touched upon which way they would go. I would personally lean along the lines of NOT stressing a personal relationship, by working for your friend. I don't know to what degree your friendship is, but when one goes, they both can go at the same time.
My first thoughts was to go with your heart, as Gwen brought up. I had to make a cold plunge into shoeing full time from part time, because I got burnt out on the uncertainty of the full time job I had, which were out of my control. While I had the full-time career job, and shoeing part-time, I was able to acquire a nice set of tools, and not get burnt out doing one particular thing. With 90K per year and a significant other bringing home good pay also....I selfishly picture a nice Stonewell body set up on a brand new truck, packed full of 'toys'! And the option to pick and choose clients based on your 'choice'. ;)
I am not as established in my business as most you see on here, but right now the 'prison' I am seeing is being super slow because of 2 feet of snow, wishing I had a 'regular' job to go to.
I would gradually chalk up all the available information from your resources, and follow what will work best for YOU! Set down and discuss this with your wife, and get her input and assessment of the situation if you haven't already.
Either way I wish you the best of luck!

Trevor
Trevor Wm. Hall, CF
Hall's Horseshoeing
Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.
www.Hallshorseshoeing.com

He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools. ~Confuscius
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:I could use a little help 22 Dec 2005 13:56 #17

Go for it! I can't imagine spending my energy doing anything other than shoeing horses. I'll never be rich but my life is rich and full in other ways.

Phantom :)
"The work will teach you how to do it"

RE:I could use a little help 22 Dec 2005 15:06 #18

I truly appreciate all of the help and advice from everyone. This is going to be a hard choice to make but I think I'm going to keep my small business running part time and start moving on my farrier career.

I've already got almost all of my tools (and a full set of blacksmithing tools), and I have a great truck already. I have PERFECT resources in place (the farrier and my vet) to help me learn and are willing to help me with anything. (I thought these things are some of the hardest things to get in place)

horseshoe1 and Forgewizard, you both brought up great points, do I really want to work (destroy) for a "close friend"? I don't think so.

You guys have helped me make a key decision in my life. My wife just wants me to do what makes me happy (as long as I make some money ;-)) and I think that's what I'm going to do.

I want to thank you all (even the ones that said take the $90k) for the help, I really appreciate it!

Morgan

RE:I could use a little help 22 Dec 2005 15:20 #19

• John Barney
You can't buy happiness. You have to like people( all types) but love horses. If you don't it will be tough to make it. Above all you can't get angry or show fear to the horse, they know more than alot of people think. Good luck .

JB

RE:I could use a little help 22 Dec 2005 19:59 #20

Morgan promise yourself that you will have the final say as to which horses you will or won't get under and work at your pace. Stay safe and good luck. It is a life long journy and a great way of life. I am very happy, wish I started this trade earlier in life.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:I could use a little help 22 Dec 2005 20:51 #21

Thanks Phil. I'm 32 and my mom died 8 years ago at the ripe old age of 45. Life is short and I always try to do what makes me happy.

The Farrier trade has always interested me because horses have been in and out of my life for a big chunk of it and I'm a pretty good blacksmith. I'm very crafty with metal work and "seeing things in 3 dimensions" (that's what my mentor always tells me "you have to be able to see a horse's hoof in 3 dimensions")... I don't full understand that yet but I'm on my way.

I've ran a fairly successful business for the last 5 years and I seem to be very good at business. Accounting, scheduling, organization, meeting goals, and lastly, I'm VERY good with people (and horses for that matter). I wake up early, go to bed early and work VERY hard at everything I do, I'm just driven and I don't need motivation to do anything, I guess I just like to work my a!@ off all the time (maybe a little ****** in there too ;-)).

I think my biggest fear is screwing up someone's horse so I definitely will not do anything outside of my knowledge base. That's what my mentor is for. I'll definitely take to long slow road and learn as much as possible before touching someone else's horse. I don't think I could live with myself is I messed up a horses foot.

Yesterday I was full of doubt and didn't know what I was doing with all of this stuff. Sitting here with a broken leg makes you go nuts, but after I left the doctor and he told me just 2 more weeks with these pins and I can get into a cast (its been only 8 weeks and I THOUGHT it was going to be 16 weeks) can motivate anyone. THEN I turned on my computer and all of you had so many things to say, some good and some bad, but they all made me think.

I think I'll be a farrier dammit.

- Morgan

RE:I could use a little help 23 Dec 2005 07:03 #22

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Morgan,
You have discribed an unbelievable oppertunity to enter the Farriery business with the abilities, experence, mentors, resources and disire you already have. Do you think you would love the 90k job? It's a one word awnser. You have a oppertunity to do arts and crafts and play with horses and even make a good living. Read (while your leg heals) Six Figure Horseshoeing by Doug Buttler.
Have your wife sue somebody because you broke your leg, that should buy the new truck.
Thank you for your service, and Merry Christmas.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:I could use a little help 23 Dec 2005 15:05 #23

Hey Bill. Unfortunately nobody is to blame about my leg but me. I fell off of one of my own horses and actually did this to myself. She is a big shire mare (over 18hh) (that's my little disclaimer so I don't look like a wimp, "hey, she's huge"). It was a pretty uneventful accident, I just jumped off and my bone came out.... Looked pretty bad, but felt REALLY bad..... Doctor said its a million dollar fall and probably couldn't repeat it if I tried. My feet were only 3-4 feet off the ground (but she was in a slow trot).

Thanks for the note!

oh, yeah, anyone looking for a 90k job in the Houston area? its behind a desk and you'll never see outside again................ let me know, i can point you in the right direction....... ;-)

Morgan

RE:I could use a little help 23 Dec 2005 22:20 #24

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Morgan you didn't say you were in Texas! And being in Houston, lots of work there , alittle more humitiy than E. Tex and we have enough! Maybe you can hook up with Tom and he can stear you correctly, if ya ask nice! Good Luck! Gary

RE:I could use a little help 23 Dec 2005 22:31 #25

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Gday Morgo
Mate , good on ya , I knew youd come through in the end ;)

best of luck ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:I could use a little help 23 Dec 2005 22:35 #26

• cowboy_bc
  • Master
Hi all,

That's a funny thing how you broke your leg so easily. I on the other hand rode bulls and bare back horses and have flown of in every conceivable way and had at least 3 horses fall on me and I never hurt much more than after a bad day of shoeing. Now motorcycles are a differant matter.

Kevin
Kevin Joseph Wheeler

Always strive to be the person your dog thinks you are.

if i was smart enought to spell properly I probably wouldnt be shoeing friggen horses for a living ay. Red Amor

If it don’t seem like it’s worth the effort it probably...

RE:I could use a little help 24 Dec 2005 00:11 #27

Yeah, I thought I was pretty tough until this little episode. Skydiver, jumped off roofs, kicked, stepped on, electrocuted by my welding machine, miss my mark on the anvil and hit my thumb REAL HARD..... You get the picture.

Fall wrong off of a gentle horse and wham, in the chair for a few months.... Sucks!

Just be careful out there. I'm just now realizing that I'm not made of steel.

When I fell off and realized what happened, it took a few minutes for it to sink in. "what? Me? No way".... Yeah right, then the pain kicked in full throttle. Then the blood from my bone sticking out started filling up my boot. Reality set in REAL FAST.

I heard my wife shout from the barn "are you ok?".... NO, CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan

RE:I could use a little help 24 Dec 2005 04:08 #28

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
So you are going to turn down the 90k job to risk injury shoeing? If you don't want the job maybe you could let me in on what it is, because no matter how much I like shoeing, after 28 years the body starts to take a toil! Desk job looks good to me now, just wish I had the opportunity and education! I'm always at the airport when my bus comes in! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Gary

RE:I could use a little help 24 Dec 2005 23:49 #29

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Heavy_Horses wrote:
Hey Bill. Unfortunately nobody is to blame about my leg but me. I fell off of one of my own horses and actually did this to myself.
Morgan

I think this is a blatant case of Farrier Falt. Each of the last several Farriers who worked on her should pay big time. None of this makes any sence at all which is why you should be able to win in court.
Welcome aboard,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:I could use a little help 29 Dec 2005 04:25 #30

Morgan

I just got out of the Marine Corps in May of this year so let me reiterate the reasons why i got out, why i chose this profession, and comparisons.

- Your friend offering that job can be compared to the career jammer (career planner) offering you a reenlistment bonus of 30 days leave, choice of duty station, enlistment bonus, and a box of MRE's. Sounds good but what about the next four years.

- This job your offered what rank would you be compared to? A salty Corporal, Crusty Gunny, or a boot Lt.? Would you be micromanaged, how many superiors?

- Wearing a suit everyday would be like wearing dress alpha's, with spit shined chloroframs, and 0700 inspections not to forget the high and tight, low reg, or horseshoe haircuts and a fresh shave- remember those days?

- I thought i'd throw my 2 cents in since im a brainwashed field marine who still has boot camp flashbacks, and still hums cadences when i walk. I'm not really that motivated but i hope you remember all the reasons why you got out of the Marine Corps, and the feel of independence.

Semper Fi brother
Mike White

Kunena Birthday Module

• AugustineAlbor birthday is today
  • Elentary birthday is today
  • JohnathanTag birthday is today
  • carlsylvia birthday is in 1 day
  • gorostiza birthday is in 1 day
  • Heather06 birthday is in 1 day
  • terrence003 birthday is in 1 day
  • LEC Trail Rider birthday is in 2 days
  • SpiritHorse birthday is in 2 days
  • tuffstuff birthday is in 2 days
  • oneredhorse birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.