make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday September 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GPF Clinic cont.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 14 Jul 2010 21:27 #91

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
DeniseMc wrote:
I don't have a horse in ths race, just here as a "casual observer"; but Rick, you'd still be high on my list as someone who I would want to have teach me which way to turn a nail were I so inclined (never say never;)). Years and years ago I would have had zero tolerance for a mistake from someone of your stature as you are held to a higher standard than most farriers due to all those initials you used to sign your name with; but the older I get the more I realize that humans are not perfect. And it sure doesn't sound like it was an easy day--high heat and humidity, five hours or so of lecture, then presented a horse with severe hoof distortions---sounds more like the perfect storm.
Hopefully someone will post some photos of the hooves you had to deal with.

That's one way to look at it. I go to clinics and watch all the videos and wonder where they find all these nice feet! I keep thinking that if Rick got some real horse feet, it might not have come across as being so slick.

Then there's this public discussion thing. I don't know what the rules/ethics should be but I can't help but think it's a different ball game.

We've heard that he stuck a horse and he had trouble leveling a shoe once. Oh, and he's made a few ugly shoes. Damn, I keep thinking how none of that that's has ever happened to me:eek:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 14 Jul 2010 22:33 #92

cuttinshoer wrote:
We are all legends in our own mind. :D

Justin, Aren't we though. Thanks for reminding us. Realizing that is a big step towards correcting it. I definitely need a good slap down occasionally to see things as they really are. Ommmmmmm.. :D

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 14 Jul 2010 22:36 #93

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Would you want to give a clinic over there:eek::eek:
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 14 Jul 2010 22:47 #94

Smitty, if your post is directed at the immediatly previous poster - me, I wouldn't give a clinic anywhere. :eek::D

Why did you ask, and to who?

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 14 Jul 2010 22:54 #95

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Would anybody want to give a clinic reading some of the posts
gone by

and then they call them selfs farriers:mad::mad:
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 14 Jul 2010 23:06 #96

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
smitty88 wrote:
gone by

If I understand the question, the answer is no. What good is a clinic when everybody is already a star?

Hasn't this business always been this way? Everybody already knows everything and everybody else stinks?

Farriers keep complaining that they aren't considered professionals and they keep proving that their butts should be higher than their heads.

We probably don't have to go so far out of our way to prove that we have strong backs and weak minds.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 02:34 #97

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Things can happen to anyone, i remember years ago at the Ontario Farriers Convention in Ottawa. Burney Chapman was the quest speaker and clinician. this girl brought in a horse that i call coon footed, really underslung heels and long toe. Burney was going to show us how to trim it and everyone gathered round and didn't he get him with the nippers.
lot's of blood and the girl was having a fit. Burney was shocked at what he just did. a few farriers all jumped in and made up a shoe with a cutout pad and got it on the horse and all was well.
but just goes to show that excrement can happen.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 03:21 #98

tbloomer wrote:
Really? Who answered my question about the locations of the fulcrums?

Is the DDFT a fulcrum? What is the affect of the condrocoronal ligaments on the heel horn? The bars, frog, digital cushion, pastern length, superficial sesamoidian ligament?

Where are the fulcrums and where are the ends of the levers? Is anybody going to answer that or do we continue with the tap dance?

I'm not a wiz in physics, you yourself have already pointed that out in the past. However I can observe the effects of shod too short or too much iron extending past the heel buttress on underrun heels. Here is a horse I did this morning. Older horse, poor conformation, long toe/underrun heels. Years ago the local Pony club used him as an example of poor conformation. He has been barefoot since last fall. Got a call that his feet were breaking up and walking a little tender footed. Put shoes on him, little bit of a rocker/roll in the toe, deep seated for sole reliefe. Responded to hoof testers in the toe. They put him out in a big field after I was done with him, he started off walking then troted a little then cantered to the other end of the field. Looked happy to me.

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 03:26 #99

Pics cont.

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 03:48 #100

smitty88 wrote:
gone by

If the opportunity presented itself, sure why not. It is my understanding the one doing the teaching learns more than the ones listening and watching. The posts on here do not bother me. Its all good John, its all good. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 07:55 #101

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
cuttinshoer wrote:
Your not allowed to ask him that.:D:D
If we are going to discuss something having to do with physics, levers, forces, etc. Unless there is some agreement on the rules, where things are located, and how they work, there can be no discussion.

I asked a specific question about the locations of the fulcrums of the levers in the foot between ground force and the horses weight. Nobody answered it. Why? It is not trick question. If we are going to engage in a discussion about leverage, first I want to know where the levers are and where the fulcrums are. Otherwise we can't have a productive conversation.

Instead of anybody giving an answer . . . the response is to attack with a fanatical pattern of behavior. Why? Did my question challenge someone's belief? Is there an internal conflict?

Is EXPERIENCE THE ANSWER? I'm supposed to respect the experience and just pretend that my question was answered? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I won't support the fanatical illusion that repetition = reason.

Fanatics are driven to promote their beliefs because of the conflict that occurs for them whenever their beliefs are challenged. To stop the feeling of conflict, the fanatic becomes compelled to convince everyone that their belief is fact, or, failing that, to destroy those who threaten the belief.

Fanaticism is a dangerous mental illness.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 08:25 #102

• jack-mac
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
tbloomer wrote:
If we are going to discuss something having to do with physics, levers, forces, etc. Unless there is some agreement on the rules, where things are located, and how they work, there can be no discussion.

I asked a specific question about the locations of the fulcrums of the levers in the foot between ground force and the horses weight. Nobody answered it. Why? It is not trick question. If we are going to engage in a discussion about leverage, first I want to know where the levers are and where the fulcrums are. Otherwise we can't have a productive conversation.

Instead of anybody giving an answer . . . the response is to attack with a fanatical pattern of behavior. Why? Did my question challenge someone's belief? Is there an internal conflict?

Is EXPERIENCE THE ANSWER? I'm supposed to respect the experience and just pretend that my question was answered? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I won't support the fanatical illusion that repetition = reason.

Fanatics are driven to promote their beliefs because of the conflict that occurs for them whenever their beliefs are challenged. To stop the feeling of conflict, the fanatic becomes compelled to convince everyone that their belief is fact, or, failing that, to destroy those who threaten the belief.

Fanaticism is a dangerous mental illness.
I answered it :confused:, its not my fault your comprehension is very poor!!!! when it comes to physics combined physiology or Bio mechanics & engineering, if your fulcrum was a centralised fixed point AS YOU WISH EVERY ONE TO BELIEVE because it suits your thinking, the joint would be of a ball & socket nature & not sesamoidal ,I don't know what institute you have or are studying at nor do I care, other then to say I'm glade I never attended there.;)

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 10:14 #103

• tbloomer
  • Master
jack-mac wrote:
I answered it :confused:, its not my fault your comprehension is very poor!!!! when it comes to physics combined physiology or Bio mechanics & engineering, if your fulcrum was a centralised fixed point AS YOU WISH EVERY ONE TO BELIEVE because it suits your thinking, the joint would be of a ball & socket nature & not sesamoidal ,I don't know what institute you have or are studying at nor do I care, other then to say I'm glade I never attended there.;)
Hmmmmmmmm. Have I specified the type(s) of fulcrum(s) or the nature thereof or their locations? :confused: Show me where I have provided that information. Like the others, you make up stuff I haven't said and then argue against it. :rolleyes:

I left that definition stuff up to you. You get to define where things are and the rules for how things work. Then, using your definitions, we can discuss the mechanics on your terms and in your terms.

Instead of providing an answer, you obfuscate and pontificate, then make UNQUALIFIED assertions in regards to my "belief."

Have I asked you to define something that does not exist or cannot be located or measured or illustrated?
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 10:31 #104

• tbloomer
  • Master
jack-mac wrote:
The fulcrum is a shifting configuration , hence sesamoids & sesamoidean ligaments & the make up of the joints . . .
WHERE IS THIS STUFF LOCATED IN THE FOOT? :confused:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 15 Jul 2010 12:12 #105

PerformanceHorseshoeing wrote:
Cracks me up how some on here will jump on Travis's work and they themselves couldn't come close to his work. The worst ones are the "part-timers" LOL. You guys aren't qualified to sweep up after Travis.

whole-heartly agree;

I think Travis did the best job he could with the feet; and in front of others; nerves played a part and who doesn't have some nerves when shoeing in front of other farriers?!

I know what it is like to work on feet like that and no always do my shoeing jobs come out just right; but the horse is more comfortable; and you can not change everything all at once!!!

sometimes we forget that rule in shoeing:rolleyes:

There are a lot of part time farriers and some full time farriers who couldn't have do such a good job as that with feet of that brittle and wry.

Good job Travis! and thanks for sharing Phil.

Linda Muggleworth

Kunena Birthday Module

• clearhillsfarrier birthday is today
  • Creager7850 birthday is today
  • lindar131 birthday is today
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 1 day
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 1 day
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 1 day
  • vanderblij birthday is in 1 day
  • Viking farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • newyearsbaby05 birthday is in 363 days
  • Rancho JD birthday is in 364 days
  • Tony Dunagan birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.