make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 18, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GPF Clinic cont.

GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 03:09 #1

Re: Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Armitage
Rick I hope you have gained something from all of this

Indeed If nothing else I have learned the true mettle of several individuals.

Quote:
.......and have a different view on the benefits of forging skills.

What, pray tell, according to you, was my view regarding the benefits of forging skills prior to that clinic?

By the way Phil, As I am not the official spokesman for the Guild, I am unable to comment on matteers concerning the Guild. At this time, only one person is tasked with that responsibility. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre....

Hi Rick, you have given me the impression that forging is low on your list of priority's. Here are a few photos of the clinic I mentioned on the "Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic" thread.

Sept. 2009 Travis Koons

The horse presented to him was a challenge for any farrier. Farriers attending the clinic were glad to see a horse most of us have in our everyday work. Travis made handmades and punched the nails where he could nail up safely. The trim and hoof prep was safe and the horse walked off better than he walked up.

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 03:13 #2

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 03:17 #3

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 03:19 #4

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 03:22 #5

Travis did a great job demonstrating how he would deal with poor quality feet using handmades. Highly skilled farrier and an excellent clinician.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 04:44 #6

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Phil Armitage wrote:
.... Hi Rick, you have given me the impression that forging is low on your list of priority's.

Nice photos Phil and clean work by the clinician.

I can't speak to Rick's forging priority but did notice that he took a recent "beating" on this forum regards his ability to properly shoe a horse.

I've watched Rick work and the man clearly knows his way around a horse, anvil and forge.

Here's an example of work he did at my place. It's not a handmade but he didn't nail it on "out of the box" either. Nice trim, good shape, lateral support, hot fit and nailed up proper from my perspective. ;)

Cheers,
Mark

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 09:27 #7

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Phil Armitage wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Armitage
Rick I hope you have gained something from all of this

Indeed If nothing else I have learned the true mettle of several individuals.

Quote:
.......and have a different view on the benefits of forging skills.

What, pray tell, according to you, was my view regarding the benefits of forging skills prior to that clinic?

By the way Phil, As I am not the official spokesman for the Guild, I am unable to comment on matteers concerning the Guild. At this time, only one person is tasked with that responsibility. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre....

Hi Rick, you have given me the impression that forging is low on your list of priority's. Here are a few photos of the clinic I mentioned on the "Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic" thread.

Sept. 2009 Travis Koons

The horse presented to him was a challenge for any farrier. Farriers attending the clinic were glad to see a horse most of us have in our everyday work. Travis made handmades and punched the nails where he could nail up safely. The trim and hoof prep was safe and the horse walked off better than he walked up.

Phil that looks like a good example of what Jaye was talking about the other day when he was talking about SPEC shoeing. He got a shoe nailed on a foot, that looks pretty typical for some TB's. What did he do to improve those feet.
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 10:08 #8

Mark and Justin next time you run across a horse with poor feet, difficult to nail up maybe you stick em or get a close nail and your not sure what to do. Feel free to use these pictures for assistance. Tons of ideas and info in these pictures.

Justin, the question is what did he do to prevent hurting those feet? It was obvious what he did to help those feet, shod for protection maybe more can be done at a later date. Not always obvious what was done to do no harm. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 10:41 #9

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Phil Armitage wrote:
Justin, the question is what did he do to prevent hurting those feet? It was obvious what he did to help those feet, shod for protection maybe more can be done at a later date. Not always obvious what was done to do no harm. :)

IMO he did nothing to support the back half of that foot, which IMO is the reason it looks the way it does. Without the support placed where it should be that foot will continually run forward and be hard to nail up. Yes he got protection on that foot that day, but what about six weeks down the road.

You can tell me if I am wrong Phil, but that foot is short shod and fit to tight. Look how much narrower the shoe is compared to the coronary band.
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 11:19 #10

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Phil,

I was there and saw for myself the foot work on YOUR CF practical, and shoe fit, and finish all done with keg shoes. IMO, it was better WAY than that.

Are you trying to make the guy look bad compared to you? :confused:
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 11:35 #11

cuttinshoer wrote:
IMO he did nothing to support the back half of that foot, which IMO is the reason it looks the way it does. Without the support placed where it should be that foot will continually run forward and be hard to nail up. Yes he got protection on that foot that day, but what about six weeks down the road.

You can tell me if I am wrong Phil, but that foot is short shod and fit to tight. Look how much narrower the shoe is compared to the coronary band.

On that day for that horse with those feet. I consider this good shoeing. Practical, common sense and a demonstration of great skills.

I wouldnt say the horse is short shod. Fit to the buttress of the heels maybe, but not short shod and he also fit for expansion. Had many similar feet where I fit for support on feet like this and ended up loosing shoes which in the long run did more damage to the feet and set the horse back. In some cases I had no choice but to use glueons. I now put horses like this on a shorter cycle and fit tighter until the feet improve. Most do improve after a shoeing cycle or two and can fit for better support.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 11:37 #12

tbloomer wrote:
Phil,

I was there and saw for myself the foot work on YOUR CF practical, and shoe fit, and finish all done with keg shoes. IMO, it was better WAY than that.

Are you trying to make the guy look bad compared to you? :confused:

Lucky for me I did not get a horse like this. If I did I would have refused it. Which leads me to many thoughts on comparing the Guild and AFA testing standards. This would be a good thread to talk about it. Right now I need to get my butt out the door. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 12:16 #13

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Phil Armitage wrote:
I wouldnt say the horse is short shod. Fit to the buttress of the heels maybe, but not short shod . . .
So you are OK with having 3/4" of unsupported horn (heel buttress to coronary band) hanging off the back of the shoe as a lever at an acute angle with the weight of the horse over it and the entire shoe engaging the ground force lever opposing that weight? What about that physics stuff, Fill?
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 13:46 #14

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Phil Armitage wrote:
Hi Rick, you have given me the impression that forging is low on your list of priority's.
Your impression is incorrect.
Here are a few photos of the clinic I mentioned on the "Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic" thread.

Sept. 2009 Travis Koons

The horse presented to him was a challenge for any farrier.
If the horse I worked on had had feet in that good of condition, the bruha that ensued here would have been a non starter.
Farriers attending the clinic were glad to see a horse most of us have in our everyday work.
The same cannot be said of the horse presented at the Va. clinic.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:GPF Clinic cont. 13 Jul 2010 14:02 #15

• jack-mac
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Rick Burten wrote:
Your impression is incorrect.

If the horse I worked on had had feet in that good of condition, the bruha that ensued here would have been a non starter.

The same cannot be said of the horse presented at the Va. clinic.
Anyone got any photos of the masters handy work of the day.

Kunena Birthday Module

• David Gill birthday is today
  • Jerry Downs birthday is today
  • my_quantum birthday is today
  • Omega Donisi birthday is today
  • Shelly Peterson birthday is today
  • Eric Fox birthday is in 1 day
  • FolsomBlues birthday is in 1 day
  • hezahottass birthday is in 1 day
  • s_steinberg birthday is in 1 day
  • Aaron Roberts birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.