make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday August 13, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic

Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 29 Jun 2010 01:47 #1

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Was in the area on Saturday and while I didn't have a lot of time, I took the opportunity to stop by and connect names and faces of some of this boards members (& others) . Some of those in attendance were Rick Burton, Brian Purrington, Dave Duckett, Tom Bloomer, Ron Kramadjian?,Mike DiLeonardo? Martin Kenny & others.
The horse that was being shod was a real test of talent and courage. I hope that Rick will have photos and xrays to share. It was great to meet everyone.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The topic has been locked.

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 29 Jun 2010 02:36 #2

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Jay,
How many were there to take the test? From the pic on the flyer, Dr. Myer's place looked like a first class place.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 29 Jun 2010 12:51 #3

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
beslagsmed wrote:
Jay,
How many were there to take the test? From the pic on the flyer, Dr. Myer's place looked like a first class place.
There were three candidates. Each was successful in at least one portion of the exams.

The clinic is indeed a nice place. Dr. Myer used his digital x-ray machine and we got some interesting and useful rads. I'm hoping he will put them on a disc and send me a copy. If he does, I'll post them along with any photos that were taken.

Never being one to hide from the truth or facts, let me say that while I think my lecture on hoof deformities and [according to Rick] how to address/remediate them went well, I was not quite as successful with the horse that was presented for me to work on. The horse is a TB and presented in front with Hi-Low syndrome, major flaring around the hoof capsule, thin, flat soles and thinner walls. Radiographically, IIRC, there was ~11-13mm of sole depth and the orientation of p3 was with a zero to slightly negative palmer angle. I was able to elicit only a small, minor reaction from the horse when I applied hoof testers .

The trim from the sole side consisted of using a wire brush and the finish side of the rasp for a few quick strokes. There was some un-evenness in wall length that I wanted to address, and I felt the heels were running forward and needed to be brought back a bit and to establish a more solid degree of hoof wall. The hoof was then brought forward and the flares reduced. At that point, the foot was starting to look better gathered up, so I chose to shoe with a clipped Classic roller, frog support rim pad, bar wedge pad and Impression Material under the frog prosthesis. After the original shoes were removed, the horse was uncomfortable standing on the concrete so he was stood on a thick piece of carpet(provided by Tom Bloomer) and that took care of his discomfort. Once shod in front, the horse stood comfortably and relaxed.

The hind end was a somewhat different matter,. Though he presented with the same though contra-lateral Hi-Low issues, the left hind proved to be a rather straight forward trimming and shoeing job. I elected to shoe him with a deep seated, heel extension, rocker toe shoe.

The right hind(which initially I thought would be the less difficult of the two) was a different story. There was much less hoof to work with and after the shoe was fabricated, when I went to nail it on, I stuck the horse with the quarter nail. The shoe was removed, and in consultation with several of the farriers((most notably, Brian Purrington)) and Dr. Myer it was decided to pull the left hind and use Sigafoos glue-ons on the hinds. Brian graciously supplied the shoes and the labor to install them. In the end, the horse walked off sound, and remained so, as reported by the owner the next day.

All in all it turned out quite well and provided an even more interesting learning experience for one and all.

In the discussion that followed, there were several opinions as to how the horse might have been otherwise shod. All were valid and once again showed that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I'm sure I have left something out, so I hope that those who were present will fill in any blanks.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 29 Jun 2010 15:39 #4

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks Rick for the report. While I wasn't there, I believe these types of clinics are most benificial. Really gives the hands on and a challenge. Like you say, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Congrats to those who are on their way to getting a Guild Certification.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 29 Jun 2010 23:04 #5

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Did anyone do a shoe display? I'd like to see a 14 shoe display and was wondering why a shoe with caulks would be considered therapeutic and need to be fullered!

This may be the toughest shoe display exam to pass in the world! Is there a member on the board that can pass the shoe display? With all due respect I don't want to hear it's not competition quality, after making those shoes enough times to be able to size and shape them to a pattern, they will be competition quality whether you meant them to be or not.

Would definitely like to see the shoe displays pass/fail

Thanks!

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 30 Jun 2010 04:11 #6

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Hi,

Where is this 14 shoe list?

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 30 Jun 2010 05:20 #7

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
hotrodiesel wrote:
Hi,

Will call tommorow and fill ya in on the details of the "14 shoe Display/List"...............;);););)

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 30 Jun 2010 05:41 #8

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
hotrodiesel wrote:
Hi,

Have you checked on the Guild's site? I think it's there.

Baron Tayler
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 01 Jul 2010 00:28 #9

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Cyber Farrier wrote:
Have you checked on the Guild's site? I think it's there.

Baron Tayler

I didnt see it on there. Who is the president of the guild? Maybe he can show us his shoes.

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 01 Jul 2010 01:06 #10

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Here's the shoes Dan:

14 Shoes

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 01 Jul 2010 01:15 #11

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Eric Russell wrote:
Here's the shoes Dan:

14 Shoes

Holy Canoly. That is an almost impossible board. I would like to see any of the passing boards.

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 02 Jul 2010 00:52 #12

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
I was told nobody was going for the rjf just the rf which would be why no shoe displays.

A 14 handmade shoe display then shoe a horse with kegs seem weird. Seems like maybe the rf should be doing the keg shoeing. RJF handmades, no?

I still wonder if anyone on the board is able to pass the existing test. And since I don't know who's on the board, for the older guys could you have ever passed the current test?

Anyway, since this was the first test since the revision, how does everyone involved think it went?

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 02 Jul 2010 01:18 #13

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Eric Russell wrote:
I was told nobody was going for the rjf just the rf which would be why no shoe displays.
That's incorrect.

"Registered Farrier™ Registration Guidelines

The RF™ exam is designed to test the knowledge and skills that a competent, full-time professional farrier should already have. Candidates for membership in the Guild as an RF™ must pass all phases of the RF™ exam are expected to have been practicing farriery as full-time professional farriers for a minimum of two years prior to applying for their membership as Registered Farriers™.

Written Exam

The written phase may cover any and all technical aspects of applied farriery. The focus of questions asked at the Registered Farrier™ level the maintenance of sound horses or the application of modifications to address conformation or gait faults. This written exam is scheduled to last 3 hours.

Shoe Modification Phase

Candidates should produce sample shoe board ahead of time. Front shoes should be the same front pattern. Hind shoes should fit be the same hind pattern. The shoe board must include the following shoes shoe modifications:

* Clips (Toe and Quarter)
* Square Toe
* Rolled Toe
* Rocker Toe
* Hind Shoe Extended Heels
* Shoe to raise hoof angle
* Shoe with Pad (finished as if applied to foot)
* Two Types of Traction Devices (applied one type of device per shoe)
* Trailer
* Punched Nail Hole "
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 02 Jul 2010 01:36 #14

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Rick, for those with just a hint of common sense I obviously meant the 14 shoe display for the rjf.

Although Rick, I wonder if any of the board members could turn in a passing RF shoe display.

RE:Guild Clinic @ Dr. Tookie Myers Clinic 03 Jul 2010 02:00 #15

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Rick do you have any of the shoes you passed with? You must know those things inside and out.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Appaloosa_64 birthday is today
  • Leonel WhitsittF509 birthday is today
  • MichaelBeckerF992 birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is in 363 days
  • jrandolph birthday is in 363 days
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is in 363 days
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 364 days
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 364 days
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.