make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Shared learning...

Shared learning... 17 Jun 2010 12:40 #1

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
I had the privilege of having a young man work with me this past weekend so he could learn some of the basics of the work we do. The experience again reminded me how important it is to share the learning experience no matter what level we are at.

Keeping that in mind, I cleared my books for a day this week and had the honor of working with Mr. Bernie Moore in the Cincinnati area. I explained to Bernie that I wanted to work on some specific improvement areas of my own and he generously offered to help.

The day proved invaluable as we trimmed and shod seven horses. Bernie was able to help me identify a few areas where I could improve efficiency, shoe fit, hind heel shape and finish.

I wanted to offer a public word of gratitude to Bernie for allowing me this opportunity and suggest that the shared learning aspect of the trade is something that should be a permanent and routine part of any farrier's career.

Learning from others will challenge and test your abilities. Teaching others will force you to examine the validity and quality of your methods. Both are an invaluable investment in yourself.

Cheers,
Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Shared learning... 18 Jun 2010 03:39 #2

• Rick_Barter
  • Contributing Member
Mark_Gough wrote:
I had the privilege of having a young man work with me this past weekend so he could learn some of the basics of the work we do. The experience again reminded me how important it is to share the learning experience no matter what level we are at.

Keeping that in mind, I cleared my books for a day this week and had the honor of working with Mr. Bernie Moore in the Cincinnati area. I explained to Bernie that I wanted to work on some specific improvement areas of my own and he generously offered to help.

The day proved invaluable as we trimmed and shod seven horses. Bernie was able to help me identify a few areas where I could improve efficiency, shoe fit, hind heel shape and finish.

I wanted to offer a public word of gratitude to Bernie for allowing me this opportunity and suggest that the shared learning aspect of the trade is something that should be a permanent and routine part of any farrier's career.

Learning from others will challenge and test your abilities. Teaching others will force you to examine the validity and quality of your methods. Both are an invaluable investment in yourself.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark,

If I am the "young" man of which you spoke, I want to extend my thanks to you. First, for calling me "young" even though I'm 41. Heck, I feel like I'm 25!

I learned a lot on Sunday and really appreciate the time you took with me. I also thank you for letting me work on your horse and for sharing your hospitality, your home, and a meal with me. I have been chomping at the bit to get at my ponies' feet ever since I left your place!

I have to be honest. I almost went out to the barn when I got home at 11:15 PM and took a crack at them. However, driving through a real frog-strangler of a thunderstorm and coming home to no power put the damper on that idea. It's kind of hard to trim in the dark! Besides, they're not due until 7/3. I've put them on an 8 week schedule so I can track their progress and mine. :)

Anyway, please accept my sincere thanks. Also, thank Katie for me. I really appreciated the food and sweet tea.

I'm going to try and make it up there on 7/3 for the clinic.

Sincerely,

rvb
As Iron Sharpens Iron,
So One Man Sharpens Another.
Proverbs 27:17

RE:Shared learning... 18 Jun 2010 03:47 #3

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
Can't beat Mark and Katie's hospitality.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Shared learning... 18 Jun 2010 03:55 #4

• Lori McBride
  • Thank you received: 5
Well said Mark! I am always so grateful for anyone who is willing to take the time to teach me something that will make me a better farrier. I am hungry to learn how to better my trade; (I do lurk here often and then try to apply :o) ) I have lately been able to learn from some very good farriers in some specific areas. I do sometimes have trouble knowing how to approach some of the more local shoers about observing/riding along etc....I would hate to be a burden and taking the time to teach is not something I would ask of some one, if they were not so inclined. Any thoughts on how I could get in touch with the fellows who would want some one to maybe tote some tools and learn a thing or two in the process? :D
I feel my skill set is far too limited to be teaching myself, however I do find that by taking the time to talk to and/or explain what I'm doing to the horse owner it does also "force you to examine the validity and quality of your methods." And if presented the right way, most customers seem to appreciate it, well....for the most part. ;) Thanks for your thoughts,

Lori McBride
McBride Horsehoeing
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

RE:Shared learning... 18 Jun 2010 06:06 #5

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Rick, glad I could offer some help and more pleased you made it home safe and sound. Why not trailer those ponies up here for the clinic on July 3rd? We'll add them to the agenda for the day. Susan and Aussie Mal will be here. So will Bruce Matthews and anyone else that would like to join us. I think Denise McLain planned on being here. Should be fun.

Lori, looks like you're here in Ohio too. Bring the family, come on down and join us for the day. We'll shoe a few, spend some time in the forge and burn some burgers on the grill. If you're looking to find others to train with, check out the Southwest Ohio Farriers Association. Thomas Gabel runs that AFA chapter. Doug Hopper is the VP. Great bunch of farriers that are willing to help anyone interested in improving their skills. They hold several clinics each year around the Dayton, Ohio area.

Jack, thanks for the kind words. You and the missus are welcome at my place anytime!

Cheers,
Mark

RE:Shared learning... 18 Jun 2010 19:54 #6

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Mark seems very knowledgeable. Id like ti come ride with him.

RE:Shared learning... 22 Jun 2010 00:08 #7

• Rick_Barter
  • Contributing Member
hotrodiesel wrote:
Mark seems very knowledgeable. Id like ti come ride with him.

Well, heck, Hot Rod, it doesn't hurt to ask the man! :D
As Iron Sharpens Iron,
So One Man Sharpens Another.
Proverbs 27:17

RE:Shared learning... 22 Jun 2010 00:27 #8

• Lori McBride
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks so much for the offer Mark. I have been reading about the upcoming clinic and actually have if in my calendar. :o I really would love to come over. I know I would learn much!! It would be a long day, but I know it would be worth it! I can't remember for sure, but this year at Ken Davis's clinic I think Tom night have been one of the clinicians on Friday? His name is familiar that is why I am thinking that, but there is great possibility that I am wrong.:D I live in the Akron/Canton area and I have talked to some farrier's that are a part of the AFA chapter out of Burton (MEFA). It's a start. I thank you you again for the invite, and I hope to be able to come. Maybe it will be me and the hubby and we'll make a weekend out of it!!! ;)

Thanks also for the wisdom you take the time to share.

Have a great night!

Lori McBride
McBride Horseshoeing
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.