make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone suggest a Farrier School

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 12 Dec 2005 15:07 #16

Hello,
Thanks for all of the responses to my question I have ruled out a few of the schools mentioned here, and as I am really new to the whole bussiness so I dont recognize alot of the names that have been mentioned.
In regards to the AFA and certification, do I need to have a certificate from them to be in this business? I didnt see any of the farriers in my area listed on the website. Also I noticed that in the AFA bylaws that there is different membership levels, regular member, associate member etc. I belive it says a regular member is a farrier past or present then it goes into certificates, my question is how do they know if your a farrier or not? I mean I could register my horse as a regular member ? Do you have to provide proof of some sorts that your that you are a farrier to join?
I am sorry about all the questions but I am finding this all very confusing at the moment.
Thanks for putting up with my questions.
Jen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 12 Dec 2005 17:29 #17

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Jenny shoes wrote:
>In regards to the AFA and certification, do I need to have a certificate from them to be in this business?

No. The certification program is a means to test you knowledge and skill against a standard.

>I didnt see any of the farriers in my area listed on the website.

That means that they are not members of the AFA.

>Also I noticed that in the AFA bylaws that there is different membership levels, regular member, associate member etc. I belive it says a regular member is a farrier past or present then it goes into certificates, my question is how do they know if your a farrier or not?

Because they trust you to tell the truth.

>I mean I could register my horse as a regular member ?

I suppose you could try. But why would you want to spend the money? He wouldn't be eligable for any of the benefits other than the magazine.

> Do you have to provide proof of some sorts that your that you are a farrier to join?

No. The AFA welcomes people of all persuasions. Vets, trainers, owners, farriers, non-horse owners, etc.

>I am sorry about all the questions but I am finding this all very confusing at the moment.

No need to feel confused. Look into as few or as many schools as you think necessary, pick the one you want to attend, enroll, attend and graduate. Then find a mentor to work for/with and begin to apply what you have learned at school. Alternatively, you can go it alone after graduation, but you put yourself behind the eight ball right from the start.

Joining any farrier organization is a decision of choice. At a minimum, you should join your state organization and attend every clinic they offer. You will then begin to establish a network and from that, the availability of information, help and comrades-in-arms will grow. As you are able, you will want to begin to attend additional clinics, seminars, conferences and I would hope that in time you would see the absolute benefits in both joining the AFA (and in time, the Guild of Professional Farriers) and standing for their certifications.

Of course, just participating on a regular basis here on the forums will give you access to a veritable cornucopia of knowledge and advise, with a liberal dash of opinion thrown in just because we are who we are. :D
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 12 Dec 2005 19:31 #18

Rick,

I sense that you really like the magazine - me too.

Phantom
"The work will teach you how to do it"

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 13 Dec 2005 12:43 #19

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
John

PF has continued to improve the quality of its contents. While it ain't the Journal or Hoofcare and Lameness, it is getting better.

Of late, the series by Mitch Taylor has been really good. I must however admit that I don't spend a lot of time reading the 'how to' articles on forging roadsters and the like.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 13 Dec 2005 23:22 #20

Rick,

I'm with you there - not big on heavy forging - it's a young thing, not that you are that old, but I am.

Phantom :)

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 14 Dec 2005 03:36 #21

Phantom Farrier wrote:
Rick,

I'm with you there - not big on heavy forging - it's a young thing, not that you are that old, but I am.

John? Jack Benny class this year? ; P

Deesly

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 14 Dec 2005 13:02 #22

Deesly,

They would have to bend the rules some - I'd have to lie a lot to qualify for the age requirement for the Jack Benny class. Maybe next year!

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 15 Dec 2005 02:14 #23

Phantom,

Ya know Boss, it's pretty scarey it's been over 20 years since that overweight shy girl walked into your shop...

Just wanted to say thanks for giving me the chance.

Deesley

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 15 Dec 2005 02:46 #24

Deesley,

Thanks for the kind words - you were a fine student, keep up the good work!

Phantom

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 15 Dec 2005 05:01 #25

• calshoer
  • Guru
Oh then the best school for dub toed, unshapable machine made shoes is Mission School?
I object your honor, the tone and timbre of the statement was leading and prejudiciary!
George, you should right commercials!
Jason
Jason Maybe you should attend the four day hands on clinic "Soundfest" there next year. You would then see in person that there is no "dubbing", plenty of shoe shaping, (yes NB shoes are very shapeable) as well as lots of other shoes used too, and (OHMYGOD..SURPRIZE) Mark teaches lots of forging including how to make handmades.
Oh PS Jason, it isn't that George should "right" commercials, it is "WRITE" commercials :D
Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 15 Dec 2005 22:08 #26

Especially since what he was "righting" could be considered wrong by some... :rolleyes:
I may do that, it just depends what "sounds" I will be hearing at the NBapallooza... :D
Take a look at the "square toes or round thread", that poor bugger should have yelled **** he was dubbed so bad! I know this is not NB protocol, but many squared toed shoe users do just that .
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 07 Mar 2006 20:09 #27

Having just graduated from the Farrier School in Walla Walla I might be biased. :) Here's what I think though, Upon graduation from the two year program you will:
A) Have a AAAS in Farrier Science. it doesn't make you a good horseshoer but it seems like a degree of any kind impresses people.
B) Have a chance at funding. You can get student loans, be available for grants, work study etc. How many people struggle through schools because they're basically out fo work for 3 to 6 months.
C) Jeff Engler is an exceptional farrier. His list of credentials is noteworthy (Highpoint man on the AFA team anyone?)
D) You will shoe horses EVERY DAY at the school (it slows down in the winter months but speeds up in the spring so I think it averages out.
E) Work in one of the FINEST shoeing fascilities this side of the hemisphere
(I just repeat what I've heard the AFA testers say at the school)
F) Many clinitians are brought in over the course of the year. In the past Bob Marshall, Don Gustafson, and many others.

If you go strait through the summer session also you're done in a year and a half (roughly)

He incourages all his students to test for the AFA certifications. Anyone that pays attention can pass the intern test at the end of the first year. I saw that happen many times. with an aggressive work ethic you can be ready for the certified test. (Evidence of one young man who graduated from the course last may)

Anything else you want to know about it, I'm always open to a PM. I would suggest calling Jeff at the school or go to WWCC.edu and find it on the site map.

Caleb
~Satisfaction is the death of desire~

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 09 Mar 2006 02:03 #28

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Yah,
what Caleb said, and they have these young wippersnapers who come out of that school and enter the contest at last years NCC and whip all the more mature entrents.
Plus Jeff can do all this with just using one eye.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Can anyone suggest a Farrier School 03 Apr 2006 00:06 #29

Danny Wards was a great school, good base of anatomy, all shoeing on live feet, and a great shop...plus coal forge i went 3 years ago...I hacked around cold shoeing and trimming on and off for a couple years when i got out. The school was a great beginning but the best thing i've done was get into an apprenticeship with a good horseshoer...I've learned tons in the last year. The best teacher i've had are the hundreds of feet i've trimmed in the broodmare barns he works in.
Keep the Bugs off your glass and the bears off your....tails :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.