make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 18, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What form of Horseshoeing do you do ?

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 15:21 #16

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Text book Mike

Look at the nailing
Look at the pastern angle
Look at the length of the toe
Look at the finish work
Shoe fit and placement

My first impression was WOW !!

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 17:09 #17

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks again Bruce but lets not get carried away.

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 20:31 #18

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Joey Aczon wrote:
Not to be argumentative, but how do you figure double nailing is "safer and easier"?
You're not being argumentative Joey. With a DNP, I use smaller nails to attach the DNP to the hoof which always seems to me to be a 'good thing'. Like Mike, I create a crease in the DNP for the nails which makes it easy to grab them with a crease nail puller. Then I can set the rest of the package to the DNP and not worry as much about big time hoof loss when/if the horse casts a shoe.
With the padded horses I use between a size 8-10 nail for the most part. (3/8" shoe with a wedge and a leather or two) But there are some that I'll drive 16's in the heels before double nailing.
I routinely use 6-10's on horses in the type of package you describe, but When I'm using a #4 or greater wedge(s), I don't like to drive bigger nails than that at the back of the foot. I also use toe clips on just about all(but not every) package and when I think its called for, bands. Sometimes, I just don't want to drive nails in very far back on the hoof, so I may only use the first two(or three[when punched for 4/branch]) and then I usually use bands.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 20:34 #19

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Mike Ferrara wrote:
That horse has pretty decent feet and I leave them at about 4 1/4 when I reset so there's plenty of foot there to nail to.
You have me at a disadvantage. Since I mostly shoe Arabians, Part-Arabians and NSH's, I have some overall toe length restrictions that cause me to keep a shorter natural toe on the horse. Which means that my 'wiggle room' is rather narrow when driving nails.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 20:54 #20

• Anthony_Lawrence
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
vthorseshoe wrote:

Look at the nailing

My first impression was WOW !!
Having never driven a nail that distance, that's a jaw-dropper for me.

Nice job.

Rick Burten wrote:
You have me at a disadvantabe. Since I mostly shoe Arabians, Part-Arabians and NSH's....

Rick

I normally can nut them out, but you got me with the "NSH".

Wassat? :confused:
Ant.

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 21:00 #21

• canadian
  • Contributing Member
National Show Horse if im not mistaking. A cross between an American Saddlebred and an Arabian
Dustin Willett

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 21:10 #22

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Thanks Rick.

This one's an Arab.

http://horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=3364

Rick, quick question... This one's going to Scotsdale next month IIRC, do I need to shorten up that heel?
Joey Aczon

Over-specialize and breed in weakness... It's slow death. :cool:

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 21:10 #23

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Canadian wrote:
National Show Horse if im not mistaking. A cross between an American Saddlebred and an Arabian
______

^ correct.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 21:15 #24

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Joey Aczon wrote:
Thanks Rick.

This one's an Arab.

http://horseshoes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=3364

Rick, quick question... This one's going to Scotsdale next month IIRC, do I need to shorten up that heel?
It Depends.;)

My preference is to get more heel off so that I have a longer base of support, and to then use wedges to make up the difference.

However, if this is working for the horse, at this juncture, I wouldn't be messing with it. The Scottsdale shoe is in a few weeks so now is not the time to be 'experimenting'

One thing that I find with these 'up- down' horses is that I reset the 'up' side on a three week rotation. Which, in this case, means you'll probably want to work on that foot right before the horse ships.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 21:30 #25

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Rick Burten wrote:
It Depends.;)

My preference is to get more heel off so that I have a longer base of support, and to then use wedges to make up the difference.

However, if this is working for the horse, at this juncture, I wouldn't be messing with it. The Scottsdale shoe is in a few weeks so now is not the time to be 'experimenting'

One thing that I find with these 'up- down' horses is that I reset the 'up' side on a three week rotation. Which, in this case, means you'll probably want to work on that foot right before the horse ships.

Rick

I was reffering to the length of the shoe, and is it too far back. I'm working on re-training the owner and keeping a shorter hoof with more pads, but as I'm sure you know, that can be a tough row to hoe.

This horse is on the "up-n-up". ;) This isn't the same horse I posted pics of a couple weeks ago. This is actually only his 3rd shoeing. He came to us barefoot about 4 months ago, spent a month in plates, then a cycle with a pad, and we just added the wedge and went to a bigger shoe this last shoeing.
Joey Aczon

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." — Gibbon

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 22:35 #26

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Joey Aczon wrote:
I was referring to the length of the shoe, and is it too far back.
Ok, my misunderstanding. Regardless, that much shoe on a horse that is only on his third shoeing, gives me a pucker factor of 5+. If you find that the horse is reaching up and grabbing the back of the shoe, then you could, IMO, safely shorten those heels by 1/2 or more.

Its been my experience that with tall heels like that horse has, and a lot of heel support in the shoe, some of these horses get heel sore in rather short order.
I'm working on re-training the owner and keeping a shorter hoof with more pads, but as I'm sure you know, that can be a tough row to hoe.
Absolutely.
This horse is on the "up-n-up". ;) This isn't the same horse I posted pics of a couple weeks ago. This is actually only his 3rd shoeing. He came to us barefoot about 4 months ago, spent a month in plates, then a cycle with a pad, and we just added the wedge and went to a bigger shoe this last shoeing.
Is he shod behind? I also find that especially with this much shoe, if the rider is not really competent, you will spend a lot of time replacing shoes and often, missing hoof wall.

Let me know how it goes.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 18 Jan 2010 22:48 #27

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if we'd get in trouble for having so much out the back. He is shod behind, 5/16" x 3/4" with small caulks I think.

This trainer is pretty good on a horse. The horse is supposed to be a full brother to a 4x WC Arab stallion, and pretty talented himself. (I don't know the lines though.) I haven't seen him work, but watching him even in hand, he's got some "pop" to him.
Joey Aczon

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 24 Jan 2010 01:49 #28

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
One advantage to this particular poll is anyone looking to find a niche in the industry can easily see where the least amount of farriers are working.
You are joining a limited area of farriers.

My 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 24 Jan 2010 14:51 #29

• Joey Aczon
  • Master
vthorseshoe wrote:
You are joining a limited area of farriers.

You got that right! In an area where people are normally paying $50-$75 I'm averaging about $125/reset, and $200 or more for new packages. I'm getting ready to start raising prices and getting out of backyards. I expect my pricing for gaited horses to go up by at least $20 by the end of the year.
Joey Aczon

RE:What form of Horseshoeing do you do ? 24 Jan 2010 16:45 #30

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Joey Aczon wrote:
You got that right! In an area where people are normally paying $50-$75 I'm averaging about $125/reset, and $200 or more for new packages. I'm getting ready to start raising prices and getting out of backyards. I expect my pricing for gaited horses to go up by at least $20 by the end of the year.

I've said it a hundred times on this site but my experience has been that having a specialty that most others don't have is what helps you get the "big bucks".

Lots of guys do nice work but if you can do some type of work that they can't or won't do, it'll get you in places that don't want them...the demand for you is up and so is the price.

You have to bring something that is worth that extra money to the client. In my experience nice hand made shoes, perfect fit, great finish, or whatever, just isn't it. If the client can even recognize it, it isn't necessarily worth much money to them. It just doesn't distinguish you from the "other guys" to the client.

As Bruce would say...my two cents.

Kunena Birthday Module

• David Gill birthday is today
  • Jerry Downs birthday is today
  • my_quantum birthday is today
  • Omega Donisi birthday is today
  • Shelly Peterson birthday is today
  • Eric Fox birthday is in 1 day
  • FolsomBlues birthday is in 1 day
  • hezahottass birthday is in 1 day
  • s_steinberg birthday is in 1 day
  • Aaron Roberts birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.