make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certification AFA CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Sep 2011 16:14 #211

Great job Lori!!
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Sep 2011 23:49 #212

• Lori McBride
  • Thank you received: 5
Nope Smitty, no pics. I meant to take some, but by the time I thought of it they had turned him out.

Just pretend they looked just like one of the masterpieces you post!! LOL :D:p

Oh, wait....I think that was a dream. ;)
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

RE:Certification AFA CF 14 Sep 2011 17:03 #213

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Understood, I was just confused with what you meant by flat. This helps for sure. Thanks!
Derek Grimwood, CF
Grimwood's Farrier Service

RE:Certification AFA CF 18 Sep 2011 00:13 #214

• MPLdyCop
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
Congrats, Lori!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Kim Turner

www.totalhorsecare.net

Dr. House "You were right, Counts for nothing if you can't defend it."

RE:Certification AFA CF 30 Sep 2011 16:26 #215

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
Ok, I'm bored at work. I have been obsessed with the certification threads because I have made the commitment to obtain my certification. I have heard the arguments for and against etc... I set a goal of testing in Oct at Heartland Horse Shoeing School but a last minute certification came up at Kentucky Horse Shoeing School. I decided to give it a go. I passed the written and timed out on the practical. I saw farriers dropping left and right. I think there was only one Journeyman and one Certified that passed that weekend. I was not upset that I did not get it this time because I can honestly say that the benefits from going through the process were so great. I have honestly raised the bar and have made a number of friends I would not have otherwise. For all of the nay sayers out there, you need to just be silent and either do or don't do it. When you talk negatively about the certification you are only demonstrating ignorance. If you don't want to do it then don't do it, but honetstly it is your loss.
Derek Grimwood, CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 01 Oct 2011 10:24 #216

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
dgrimwoo wrote:
Ok, I'm bored at work. I have been obsessed with the certification threads because I have made the commitment to obtain my certification. I have heard the arguments for and against etc... I set a goal of testing in Oct at Heartland Horse Shoeing School but a last minute certification came up at Kentucky Horse Shoeing School. I decided to give it a go. I passed the written and timed out on the practical. I saw farriers dropping left and right. I think there was only one Journeyman and one Certified that passed that weekend. I was not upset that I did not get it this time because I can honestly say that the benefits from going through the process were so great. I have honestly raised the bar and have made a number of friends I would not have otherwise. For all of the nay sayers out there, you need to just be silent and either do or don't do it. When you talk negatively about the certification you are only demonstrating ignorance. If you don't want to do it then don't do it, but honetstly it is your loss.

Really? How about that? I wake up this fine Saturday morning (the opening of deer season) to read here that free speech has been suspended.

But to the topic...you're bored at work? Do you find shoeing horses boring or is it that you do something else for a living.

If the later, I find that an odd position from which to give advice to farriers.

I, for one, am not certified, but I am living the glorious, free, adventure filled and reasonably profitable life of a full time farrier. I got home last night after a week on the road getting show horses ready for the last couple of shows of the season. I'll spend a couple days hunting and restocking the truck and go do it again. I'm not bored at work.

At this stage of the game you might be better off asking questions instead of trying to give advice.

RE:Certification AFA CF 01 Oct 2011 12:53 #217

• George Geist
  • Master
Mike Ferrara wrote:

I, for one, am not certified, but I am living the glorious, free, adventure filled and reasonably profitable life of a full time farrier. I got home last night after a week on the road getting show horses ready for the last couple of shows of the season. I'll spend a couple days hunting and restocking the truck and go do it again. I'm not bored at work.
Congrats to you Mike F.

Read the mention of you in the latest AFJ. Seems somebody out there likes ya;)
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Certification AFA CF 01 Oct 2011 15:09 #218

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Mike Ferrara wrote:
Really? How about that? I wake up this fine Saturday morning (the opening of deer season) to read here that free speech has been suspended.

But to the topic...you're bored at work? Do you find shoeing horses boring or is it that you do something else for a living.

If the later, I find that an odd position from which to give advice to farriers.

At this stage of the game you might be better off asking questions instead of trying to give advice.

Don't ya just love when other farriers wanna inform you on how to be a real farrier.. I'm more intrested in why the poster is board shoeing horses or if he has another job to make ends meet...I have said before and will say again..I have no issue with the test nor farriers that take it..the issue I have is the idea that some have to assume you are not doing CE just because one may pass on it...just as farriers take the test for what ever reason they are some of us that don't for diff reasons...don't ever assume that just because some don't wanna test can't pass it or can't shoe they azz off..just like mike I hammer it out 7 days if wanna work that many days in a row..I know CJFs have horses showing at high levels...even ol hacks like me have a few good ones on the books...sent 6 to lexington to the young jumper show and we are tweekin 8 now to get ready for south Fl this winter..90 percent of my book shows reg basis..I have my wins and I have my struggles..don't ever assume you have an edge on the next guy just because of some letters on the backside of ones name...all that assume is what turns me off at the certs
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Certification AFA CF 01 Oct 2011 19:56 #219

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
George Geist wrote:
Congrats to you Mike F.

Read the mention of you in the latest AFJ. Seems somebody out there likes ya;)
George

Thanks but I just work with some "famous" people once in a while. LOL

RE:Certification AFA CF 01 Oct 2011 21:47 #220

I can understand both sides to some extent, certified and non certified. I think most certified farriers will always be proud of certification because of the time and effort involved that they have put in to passing the certification. Passing the certification provides the individual with a sence of accomplishment and confidence. I don't think anyone is better than the other just due to certification levels, in fact I just got back from riding along with Atlanta farriers about a month ago. Three of the five were not certified but would have no trouble passing their CF test. They are great farriers.

I also think that no one looks down on another because of lack of letters behind their name. I could be wrong but I know I don't care. What does matter to me is how a guy conducts himself as a professional, how he handles the business side of things, and what he knows about shoeing horses. I don't care if someone shoes big time horses or back yard ****, makes no difference to me although some on here like to talk about what big time horses they shoe.

Certification was a great process for me. The CF was easy for me because I was prepared. All it gave me was some self confidence, and some great fellowship with great people that believed in something I believed in. I use to think certification didn't matter to clients but I have been asked by six people this year so I guess it is starting to matter to some. I do know that the last job I got was a barn of 40 head and I can assure you I got the job because of certification. So it matters to some, doesn't to others.
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Certification AFA CF 01 Oct 2011 22:23 #221

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Cody they should be proud..and should be comended for doing the test..some get it and some don't..I think anyone can look back and tell why some don't wanna do it...I had alsways thought I would at some point but as time has went on and th e more its talked about the more I am ok with knowing I will never take any cert unless forced to or a chance I could loose any work over it...but my hats off to those that have and will..I assure you and anyone I have my reasons for why I feel about it..but I like the way ur outlook is on the subject..of sorts on a few things..some not but. It is what it is...
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Certification AFA CF 04 Oct 2011 15:18 #222

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
Sometimes I think people might miss the point or my attempt to articulate how much the process has helped me. Cody does a much better job of explaining this. He has my sentiments exactly. I am not trying to dispurse advise, other than, anyone that decides to attempt the certification will be better for it.
Derek Grimwood, CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Oct 2011 21:06 #223

Hello everyone, I am preparing to get my CF in march of 2012 and wanted to get any advice and help to better prepare for the exams. I plan to attend a pre certain clinic in march at 5 star Horseshoeing school also. I live in Hendersonville, tn and hope to find some local farriers in my area that I could mentor under that have taken the exams. I'm in the Tn Army national guard and set to deploy in April of 2012, so between redeployment training and responsibilities at home I'm stretched thin. Being gone from home for a year and not being under horses is going to be a challenge and any opportunities to shoe are slim in Afghanistan. I want to take advantage of the time I have left here to maximize my beloved profession. Plus once I get back, I will need to build a buissnes and be able to provide for my family so any advantage that I can capitalize when I get back is crucial. I'm fortunate that I have 17 horses that I maintain at our barn to hone my skills, and a very good farrier that I refer to when something behond my skillset arrises plus he will take over my barn when I leave. Being that the AFA requires a particular standard and skillset to pass, I want to focus on that and only someone that has taken the test can properly assist me in preparing for it. So I plead to anyone in my area that can assist me in helping achieve these goals, I understand that there is no guarantee that I will pass and I might have to take the test again, this will just show me where I need to improve. I want to get certified not because I want a some letters next to my name but to push myself to be the best that I can.

RE:Certification AFA CF 12 Oct 2011 15:11 #224

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
dgrimwoo wrote:
When one gives advice and rebuke, one should have the confidence to back their statements with their name. It also happens to be a rule here.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Certification AFA CF 12 Oct 2011 15:52 #225

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Jose,
Welcome and thank you for your service in the Guard.
Interesting that you've come from Chef to Farrier, my kid wants to go the other direction.
Certification is good. Do not look at it as an arrival or an end. I think too much is made of certification for beginning Farriers, as one can concentrate too much on the test rather than the craft.
The majority of the best Farriers in the country aren't certified.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
  • jimmyoyow birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.