make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certification AFA CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 23 May 2011 12:44 #196

• Lori McBride
  • Thank you received: 5
I used Kerk standards for all my shoes and they have some manufactured sole relief. But I seated mine out pretty good before I rockered it (thanks to some advice given here :) ) and they didn't have any problem with it.
he probably wanted to see you make the rocker toe and the sole relief not taken away for you.

So I wonder if that's what he meant? I thought Dennis was awesome, I learned allot from him.

Alan, I have learned so much in the past few months preparing for the different stages of the CF. In my everyday shoeing I fit more efficient, the knowledge that you gain preparing for the test (I was a bit over prepared, but that is not a bad thing :)) just being at the cert and watching the Journeyman practical is valuable. I had never been to a certification or a pre-certification clinic. If you ever have the opportunity to go to one, do it. Even if you are not ready, just go and watch.
Follow the book to the letter! Everything is pretty much spelled out, it is just really easy to miss tiny details. One thing I did learn (and I couldn't find it in the book): when fitting a pad to raise hoof angle, you should have as much flat as there is height to the wedge, then your boxing.
I only had to pay $50, but the cert was put on by the association that I am a member of, so it might have been more for non members? Plus of course you need to pay your yearly AFA dues. :) Good luck, it is worth it!
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Certification AFA CF 23 May 2011 12:51 #197

• Lori McBride
Oh yeah, and don't forget the "lecture". ;) You have to explain one or more of the modifications and how they are used. I had kinda forgot about that part and they thought it was very funny to give me a few minutes panic by telling me I had to stand up and give a presentation. :D lol
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

RE:Certification AFA CF 23 May 2011 12:56 #198

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Lori McBride wrote:
One thing I did learn (and I couldn't find it in the book): when fitting a pad to raise hoof angle, you should have as much flat as there is height to the wedge, then your boxing.

Is that what the AFA wants? It sure isn't going to get you a good fit with all feet/packages. Go read what Butler's Horseshoeing 2 has to say about it. He's correct although most of us do it by eye rather than calculate it.

RE:Certification AFA CF 23 May 2011 13:37 #199

• Lori McBride
Is that what the AFA wants? It sure isn't going to get you a good fit with all feet/packages.

That is what the AFA wanted.

Your are right Mr. Ferrara, I should have clarified. I didn't mean to say that was necessarily a proper fit for every horse. I know that I fit each horse, that I shoe in that type of package a little different, depending on the horse, what I'm trying to address and environment.
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

RE:Certification AFA CF 24 May 2011 00:43 #200

• Peters Shoeing
  • Thank you received: 2
Gilreath Horseshoeing wrote:
Alan, there are four parts to the CF test. The written, the shoe board, the modification performed on site, and the shoeing practical.

Are all 4 sections independant or are any two linked? Let's say you do well on the shoe board, but not the modification on site. Do you redo both at the text testing site? Or, let's say you do well on the practical, but not the shoe board? Is there a sequence to it?
Alan Peters

RE:Certification AFA CF 24 May 2011 02:56 #201

Peters Shoeing wrote:
Are all 4 sections independant or are any two linked? Let's say you do well on the shoe board, but not the modification on site. Do you redo both at the text testing site? Or, let's say you do well on the practical, but not the shoe board? Is there a sequence to it?

They are independent, for example;

I took my testing for CF in January. In Texas they were offering back to back weekend certifications. So, they were having a certification on Jan 6 (written, shoe display, shoe modifications) were offered, no horse. So no shoeing practical. The next weekend on January 14, 15 (written, shoe display, shoe modification, shoeing practical) everything was offered that weekend.

On Jan 6, I took the written and passed, turned in my shoe display and passed that, but failed my shoeing modification because of the way I was doing my trailers. They explained why it was wrong. Went home the next week and forged about five trailers and back to the certification the next weekend. I didn't have to take the written and shoe board because I already passed. I took the shoeing practical and passed, and did the modification and passed.

So to answer your question, everything is seperate. Alan, if you are interested in certification, my advice is to go to a certification workshop and attend a certification way before you decide to test and scribe (keep score) for the testers and learn what they are looking for. Attending a certification before you are ready to test will give you an idea of how certification is run.

After that, come home and incorporate AFA standards in your everyday work and start slowly working on your shoe board. I spent about eight months on my shoe board, I would modify a shoe here and there. But I knew how much time I had before I was to test. I chose to make several barshoes before I had one I was satisfied about turning in. I made sure everything was by the AFA book. It was a great process for me and I feel like it made me a better shoer in many ways.
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Certification AFA CF 24 May 2011 04:42 #202

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Alan, each part is a separate part of the test but can be taken all on the same day or at different times. My first cert. went like crud. Got stopped on the horse, failed the written, and my shoe board was really bad. Next time I passed the practical, and some of the shoe board. You can get some shoes right and do the others for the next test. Third try I passed the written and got all but the square toe shoe passed on the shoe board and didn't get it on the mod either. Fourth try all I had to do was the square toe and the mod (of course it was the square toe) and passed those. As long as you complete all parts within two years everything you passed stays current until you finish.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Certification AFA CF 31 May 2011 23:30 #203

Just thought Id add a picture of my display.

And a few of my CF job.
Jarred Oates
Oates Equine Service's
Farrier-Massage-Aromathearpy-Training

Hocking College Equine Science
(farrier, equine health, and wilderness horsemanship)

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Sep 2011 16:45 #204

• dgrimwoo
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Lori,

I know this post is a little old but I am getting ready to go through certification in September and was wondering if you could explain what you meant by fitting the pad flat as there is height of the pad? Also, what was the question they asked you and what was your response? Just curious because I'm not good when put on the spot.
Derek Grimwood, CF
Grimwood's Farrier Service

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Sep 2011 19:44 #205

• DHeltonCJF
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Lori,

For every degree of height you will need 1-16th boxing!
Dan Helton, CJF

http://farriersforge.com/

RE:Certification AFA CF 10 Sep 2011 23:57 #206

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Since I didn't see it mentioned yet, I'd like to be the first to congratulate Lori on passing her AFA CF today. I had the honor and privilege of meeting Lori personally and watching her work. It was a good learning experience and she did a great job.

Congratulations Lori and well earned!

Cheers,
Mark

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Sep 2011 01:07 #207

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Congratulations, Lori.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Sep 2011 12:10 #208

• chad rice
  • Very Senior Member
Good for you Lori, feels good when hard work pays off doesn't it.
Chad Rice, CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Sep 2011 16:03 #209

• Lori McBride
Thanks every one!! This whole process has been a great learning experience and I have enjoyed it immensely. It is great when hard work pays off. However I am finding that getting to one goal will only spur you on to the next......so I think lots of practice making handmades is in my future!! lol :D

Mark it was a very pleasant surprise getting to meet you!! I hope you were able to at least learn what things you should NOT do from watching me. LOL Good luck with your test, I am sure you will do great!!
I know this post is a little old but I am getting ready to go through certification in September and was wondering if you could explain what you meant by fitting the pad flat as there is height of the pad? Also, what was the question they asked you and what was your response? Just curious because I'm not good when put on the spot.

What Dan said about the boxing is correct. However I was old by the examiner, that you also need as much flat (normal B fit is 1/8") as you have wedge. So if you use a #2 wedge pad, and say that measure 1/4" high; that is how much should be out the back of the shoe, past your hoof, before boxing. I hope that makes sense? That is what I was told, my shoe board passed the first go, so I don't know if that is something that varies from examiner to examiner or not. Best thing you could do, is if the certification you are going to in Sept is doing a pre cert the day before. GO!! Then the examiner will explain exactly what he wants to see in your practical and will go over what he wants to see in your shoe display. Then you will have time to fix it.
The question is kinda a formality, don't stress. They just pick one of your shoes from your board and have you explain how it is used and how it helps the horse. Just a brief description, a few sentences. Hope that helps, if not definitely ask questions the people on here are great!! They certainly helped me allot!! :) Good luck!!!
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

RE:Certification AFA CF 11 Sep 2011 16:09 #210

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Lori any pics of your job
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
  • jimmyoyow birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.