make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday August 17, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certification AFA CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 May 2011 01:02 #166

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Lori - The easiest way to explain it is for you to grab a piece of 1 1/2 x 1/2, narrow it up to 1 1/4. 1 1/4 is wider than the face of your hammer so you would run your hammer around the inside of the web then the outside of the web.

IOW, you're hitting the high spots until they come down to the low spots.

It's like flattening a foot. If you dip the toe you're not going to file the toe any more right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 May 2011 16:34 #167

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Lori,

Your extended heels shoe will not pass muster because the heels are not parallel with the centerline of the foot and appear un equal in length. That should be a relatively quick and easy fix for you.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 May 2011 20:36 #168

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Lori, I don't think any of your shoes are finished and ready to be examined yet.

Like I already said, you need to heat them up to a dull red heat and run your hammer around them until there are no craters in them. Then you need to heat them to a good orange/yellow heat, put them in the vice and file the entire ground surface of the shoe just like you would to level a foot. Rasp, file, then half round.

Once you have the ground surface filed, grab your half round and file the entire inside of the web until it's completely flat from heel to heel.

Then the entire outside of the shoe.

After this you should have a rectangle with 4 sharp corners on it. Take those corners off so they aren't sharp!

Box any expansion and extensions. Safe the shoes.

I think the rolled toe is supposed to be straight across. You can do that at a dull red heat and clean up the straight line by laying the ground surface on the face of the anvil and running your hammer on the back of the web.

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 May 2011 22:32 #169

• Lori McBride
  • Thank you received: 5
Thank you Mr. Burton! You were spot on of course. :) I think I fixed the heels Ok? Can't believe I didn't see it. Would have been upset if I had got there and something so simple tripped me up. Thanks again!! :-)

Eric, thanks you so much for taking the time to give me such detailed instructions. Not to state the obvious,:D but I had really no idea how to finish a shoe for a competition or shoe display or whatever. I went out and followed your instructions. Still got work to do, but better I think. :o

P.S. I am attaching a pic of the shoe before I "finished" it better. So you can see a difference. (hopefully) ;-) I can learn, just takes me awhile.
Attachments:
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 May 2011 23:28 #170

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Much nicer! Do the nails fit? If they wiggle, heat the shoe up and close the nail holes up a little until you get rid of any wiggle. You won't get it perfect but it's a nice added touch. ;)

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 May 2011 23:40 #171

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Rotate that shoe around on the checkered grid you have it on. Place your toe nails over a line and center the heels on two lines. This will help you see where you're at with your shoe and where you need to go.

Especially if you need to file the extended heels a bit straighter! ;)

RE:Certification AFA CF 10 May 2011 01:37 #172

I keep making new bar shoes for my board this one came out to big? I think? I wanted to add the pad from the get go. How much boxing on a 3* wedge pad?

Photos won't upload!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.531061528250.2030971.196902130&l=0bb91bb751
Jarred Oates
Oates Equine Service's
Farrier-Massage-Aromathearpy-Training

Hocking College Equine Science
(farrier, equine health, and wilderness horsemanship)

RE:Certification AFA CF 10 May 2011 01:49 #173

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
LOL, not enough boxing to make up for that length! ;)

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 13:07 #174

• Lori McBride
Hello all!! I wanted to thank everybody here. I just got back from my first certification. :-) My shoe display passed with flying colors, (will get pics up in a bit) I got allot of compliments on it. I know that it is in large part to the great information shared here. My on site modification was my nail hole and in the process I got a great lesson on tool tuning and nail punching. I passed the written with a 91.6. I wasn't planning on doing the practical, since I had never been to a certification or pre-cert clinic, I thought that scribing would be good. However the fellas talked my into it, and I am so glad they did. I ran out of time, but got good marks on what I was able to finish. So now I just need to be a bit more organized and not let the nerves play with my head too much. :o Over all I learned sooo much and it was a great experience. Dennis Manning was the examiner, he was wonderful!! Can't wait to go to the next one an have another go at the practical. Thanks again everyone!! :-)
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

Don't follow where the path may lead...........go where there is no path and leave a trail.

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 13:18 #175

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Elizabeth81 wrote:
Hello all!! I wanted to thank everybody here. I just got back from my first certification. :-) My shoe display passed with flying colors, (will get pics up in a bit) I got allot of compliments on it. I know that it is in large part to the great information shared here. My on site modification was my nail hole and in the process I got a great lesson on tool tuning and nail punching. I passed the written with a 91.6. I wasn't planning on doing the practical, since I had never been to a certification or pre-cert clinic, I thought that scribing would be good. However the fellas talked my into it, and I am so glad they did. I ran out of time, but got good marks on what I was able to finish. So now I just need to be a bit more organized and not let the nerves play with my head too much. :o Over all I learned sooo much and it was a great experience. Dennis Manning was the examiner, he was wonderful!! Can't wait to go to the next one an have another go at the practical. Thanks again everyone!! :-)

Lori were did you loose time?

did you have to put on 2 machine shoes in an hour?
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 13:51 #176

• Lori McBride
Hello Smitty. :) Yes it is 60 min. to trim, fit and nail up two machine shoes. Which I know seems like an abundance of time. :o
One of my weaker points was I didn't really have a "system" or "routine". So when under pressure, I got a little disorganized. I also have never practiced "time budgeting" or allotting a certain amount of time for each element. It was easy for time to stand still, and to strive for perfection, instead of moving on. But I think where I lost most of my time, was after I shaped and fit the shoes I realized that it was going to be a bit short, I should have just fit up another pair, but I didn't and tried to stretch the heel instead. Had I been prepared to do the practical this time I would have made up some "in between" sized shoes, that might have helped some. However it was really good, I am glad that I went ahead and did it, even if I wasn't quite ready too. I hope that next time I won't be quite so nervous and will have a bit of time to work on being more efficient.
Lori McBride CF
McBride Horseshoeing

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 14:51 #177

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
Congratulations Lori. One hour, two feet, sounds like a lot, but it's easy to waste it trying to fix something. When I did my CF in 1984 (I think that's about when you were born isn't it?) I remember someone coming by and saying "when was the last time you took an hour for two kegs?". I got it done, but I used all the time.

I ran over on my first try at the CJF and had to do it again. Not a biggie.

And I'll second anything you say good about Dennis, a gentleman in every way.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 17:41 #178

• david a hall
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Elizabeth81 wrote:
Hello Smitty. :) Yes it is 60 min. to trim, fit and nail up two machine shoes. Which I know seems like an abundance of time. :o
One of my weaker points was I didn't really have a "system" or "routine". So when under pressure, I got a little disorganized. I also have never practiced "time budgeting" or allotting a certain amount of time for each element. It was easy for time to stand still, and to strive for perfection, instead of moving on. But I think where I lost most of my time, was after I shaped and fit the shoes I realized that it was going to be a bit short, I should have just fit up another pair, but I didn't and tried to stretch the heel instead. Had I been prepared to do the practical this time I would have made up some "in between" sized shoes, that might have helped some. However it was really good, I am glad that I went ahead and did it, even if I wasn't quite ready too. I hope that next time I won't be quite so nervous and will have a bit of time to work on being more efficient.
Elizabeth what i suggest to my apprentices is they have a wrist watch, that every horse they shoe, 2 feet have to be trimmed to exam standard in 15 mins, 7.5 mins per foot, after a month they can do it in less, but i dont advocate that. When practicing work out what you expect to happen in each heat on the shoe, initially you have to sacrifice finish to build speed, but there are no prizes for not finishing. with speed you increase accuracy which saves you time in abundance.most of us can nail a shoe on in a minute if we need to and clench it in 2 mins if its a good job. if you need anything other than a half round file to clench it then you are in trouble.
Hows that for a system?

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 18:25 #179

Elizabeth81 wrote:

Good job Lori
Cody Gilreath, CF
www.certifiedtexasfarrier.com

RE:Certification AFA CF 15 May 2011 22:07 #180

• Rachael Kane
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hey Lori, congratulations! It's the process that is most important and I think you learn more by the things you get wrong - at least that's how it is for me!
I picked my shoe before I trimmed the foot and ended up with the same issue as you. I did manage to stretch the shoe and it passed (was my second time ) but I wish I hadn't have thrown that curveball at myself!

Apart from checking the shoe after the trim was done!! what I would do next time, is use a fuller and crease to the heel. That would have been a far more efficient way to bring the shoe up to size than the amount of thinning the stock that I did. But it's about 'owning your skills' as Grant Moon says, and I guess I didn't own that fullering skill just then or I would have thought to do that.

The difference in my first and second try was most definitely in my mental game and I can't recommend more highly a book called 'mind gym', on sports psychology. The second time around I had confidence in my skills and knew how long it takes me to do each component, so I just told myself stretching the shoe was a forge exercise that was easy to do in the time I had and I set
to it. Heck, I even quenched one shoe and decided it wasn't passable so put it back in the fire to stretch some more!

Its cool how as soon as you finish you just want tot go and do it all again, I'm hooked!
Rachael :)
CF

'Motivation gets you going, discipline keeps you going.' (Jim Ryan).

Kunena Birthday Module

• Aaron Roberts birthday is today
  • David Gill birthday is in 1 day
  • Jerry Downs birthday is in 1 day
  • my_quantum birthday is in 1 day
  • Omega Donisi birthday is in 1 day
  • Donald Ruff birthday is in 364 days
  • Richard Jamison birthday is in 364 days
  • RiversideBoy birthday is in 364 days
  • SteppinOnTheFrog birthday is in 364 days
  • Zach Osborn birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.