make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Friday September 30, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certification AFA CF

RE:Certification AFA CF 18 Oct 2010 22:33 #136

Eric,

In this case,

The widest part of this front foot was basically shaped in the same position as a hind foot, i.e had a quarter in it. If I'd dressed it back and shaped to look like a front foot (and I tried to) there would have been zero whiteline, and no wall. Then I get a 3 for taking too much wall off, then a fail.

I appreciate that ideal is the general objective. But this foot was never going to become an ideal shape, unless you literally took the wall at the quarters off. For the test this is considered a 3, and 1 score of 3 = a fail.

I tried bringing the quarter forward and did so to lessen the angle into the commissure, but the foot wouldn't allow the 2 angles (i.e. toe to WP and heel to WP to become one smooth line, as the wall was thin already. It would have meant rasping into the whiteline.

If the foot was shod properly in the first place it would grow into an ideal form over time. Herein lies the problem.

This horse was improperly shod from its outset, then left barefoot, got laid off and then put into foal, and now the extra weight is further deforming the capsule. I had to leave the gal with some wall integrity and then ofcourse perimeter fit for the AFA. I rasped as much as I could to lessen the 2 angles.

On the shoe itself I bevelled at these "quarters", the widest point on the ground bearing surface, in so putting "ideal" shape on underneath the shoe. Did this after the foot shod with a rasp. theres no points here, but at this point I was over time and thinking I want to help out.

I tried to both appreciate the test protocol as a test, and also tried not to rape the hoofwall in order to satisfy its protocol.

In doing this awkward shape and trying to help out the horse out, I ran over my time.

That was why I called the AFA back and asked about the contour gauge. They said yes, no problem. I really appreciate their common sense.

Paddy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Certification AFA CF 18 Oct 2010 22:44 #137

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Paddy which test were you doing cf or cjf
and how long did you go over
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Certification AFA CF 18 Oct 2010 22:54 #138

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
PaddyFalvey wrote:
Eric,

In this case,

The widest part of this front foot was basically shaped in the same position as a hind foot, i.e had a quarter in it. If I'd dressed it back and shaped to look like a front foot (and I tried to) there would have been zero whiteline, and no wall. Then I get a 3 for taking too much wall off, then a fail.

I appreciate that ideal is the general objective. But this foot was never going to become an ideal shape, unless you literally took the wall at the quarters off. For the test this is considered a 3, and 1 score of 3 = a fail.

Thanks for the info about scoring on the test. Just so I understand eveything, the pic on the left? Why does it appear the quarter bends are so far back on the foot?
I tried bringing the quarter forward and did so to lessen the angle into the commissure, but the foot wouldn't allow the 2 angles (i.e. toe to WP and heel to WP to become one smooth line, as the wall was thin already. It would have meant rasping into the whiteline.

I didn't say anything about bringing the quarter forward, though you obviously could have on the left pic, I said shape it to fit it easier.
If the foot was shod properly in the first place it would grow into an ideal form over time. Herein lies the problem.

Does the anatomy change because of bad shoeing?
This horse was improperly shod from its outset, then left barefoot, got laid off and then put into foal, and now the extra weight is further deforming the capsule. I had to leave the gal with some wall integrity and then ofcourse perimeter fit for the AFA. I rasped as much as I could to lessen the 2 angles.

LOL, You should have asked for another horse!

In doing this awkward shape and trying to help out the horse out, I ran over my time.

Sounds like you need some help with hoof dressing! How can the foot be so forward with such a wide toe still?

Did you dress the foot before or after trim?

RE:Certification AFA CF 18 Oct 2010 23:06 #139

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Hey Paddy BTW, Examiners aren't ******. They will see the foot you have to work with and know what you're up to and when things are starting to get dangerous. As much as it's supposed to be by the book, they are good farriers and probably aren't going to kill you for removing a little extra wall.

How flat can you get a foot? From what I've seen with the cf, trimming and hoof prep really matter. In the CJF you might get the benefit of the doubt if you mess a trim up, the cf they stop you quick.

Maybe if you're worried about fitting so much, worry about something else.

Keep in mind, the cf is just about good safe shoeing. Nice trim, well fit shoe that's not under the wall or wide enough to be stepped off. Nice nailing and finishing. It's not the top 10 at calgary.

RE:Certification AFA CF 19 Oct 2010 23:16 #140

Thanks for the advice,

I'm doing the CF.

1. dress to desired shape. OK.
2. the foot on the left, maybe the camera angle?.
3. anatomy stays the same with or without shoes. But put on weight, add a wet environment, thin wall and flattish foot, and it spreads out quick.
4. Hoof dressing - am investing in a finishing rasp, using an old rasp is just not the thing to get the finish I need. Very very Good point, thankyou.
5. dressed the foot at trim stage, then made the shoe, nailed it on and only ran around the shoe to put an edge on it. Hence I thought the toe was just a tad under. I tried adjusting my front nails to pull the shoe forward and that helped.
6. Yep - it sure ain't top ten Calgary.

Luckily I've got plenty of work rolling in next week. I'm shaping up shoes front to hinds and back again, and making them back to keg pattern. This is helping alot.

thankyou everybody for the comments.

Paddy

RE:Certification AFA CF 19 Oct 2010 23:18 #141

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Try dressing the foot before you trim, see how that works out for ya.

RE:Certification AFA CF 20 Oct 2010 01:27 #142

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Paddy,
You can refuse the horse if you want to. Pull the shoes on your horse and wire brush the heck out em them. Assess them and then make the decision. Get one that is more to your liking.

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 Jan 2011 04:59 #143

How should the shoe display be presented? Just take the shoes or display them somehow?

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 Jan 2011 05:27 #144

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Just take the shoes. Just make sure you have all your mods. And they all fit the same fronts and hinds.

RE:Certification AFA CF 08 Jan 2011 19:13 #145

Dhelton wrote:
Just take the shoes. Just make sure you have all your mods. And they all fit the same fronts and hinds.

OK, will do. Thanks

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Jan 2011 05:24 #146

If you take the time to actually put them on a board they will just make you take them off. Like Dan said just take them in a box or something of the like. They will get looked over buy about 5 different guys or so. They get handled a lot. Make sure you have followed the book! If you have any questions call the EXAMINER not a tester. The testers sure can help but at the end of the testing day the Examiner has the final say.

If you have basic question about a shoe mode post a photo and guys here can sure help.

Hopefully your shoes are top notch and nothing to worry about.;)

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Jan 2011 19:36 #147

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
texasranger wrote:
How should the shoe display be presented? Just take the shoes or display them somehow?
If I had to do it over again, just for gets and shiggles, I would tie all the shoes together with bailing twine and wear the display around my neck when I showed up for the exam. :D
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Jan 2011 20:11 #148

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
tbloomer wrote:
If I had to do it over again, just for gets and shiggles, I would tie all the shoes together with bailing twine and wear the display around my neck when I showed up for the exam. :D

That'd be some heavy bling!:cool:
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Jan 2011 20:39 #149

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Actually, to present your shoes properly and 'wow' the examiner and testers, the following should be done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODu888i14-I
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Certification AFA CF 09 Feb 2011 00:34 #150

Worked on the ext heels some today. I sure do hate this shoe, even more if I try and ext the heels of a keg! This is 13" of 5/16 by 3/4. I turned and hockey sticked the ends.

I don't know what I was thinking when I punched the shoe, I guess I let the ext heels trick my eyes into starting to punch to far back.

And struggle with the shape!

Take Care All
Attachments:
Jarred Oates
Oates Equine Service's
Farrier-Massage-Aromathearpy-Training

Hocking College Equine Science
(farrier, equine health, and wilderness horsemanship)

Kunena Birthday Module

• Bigjoe03 birthday is today
  • Chris Logan birthday is today
  • rich8xman birthday is today
  • Boston Chicken birthday is in 1 day
  • citycowgirl birthday is in 1 day
  • Akiakamai birthday is in 2 days
  • ixchup_scaper birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.