make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 18, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Starting Business in Europe(Portugal)

Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 30 Aug 2009 03:41 #1

• kanehill
G'day to all...

I have been following these threads with great interest. I am an ex-Sydney, and Queensland farrier.

I have not shod a horse for 5 years, but due to encouragement from my fiance(and generally just missing being with horses) I plan to start up the business again.However to make things more of a challenge I am actually moving from Australia to Portugal to start the business.(my soon to be wife will not move away from her family)

Having been away from shoeing for 5 years and also the fact that I was never 100% happy with my work I am going to Heartland to brush up on my skills and correct the faults in shoeing that I have.

I am 42 years old and fitness is not a factor as in the last year I have got myself into better shape and fitter than I was at 18 and doing basic training(I hear a lot of laughs out there but I swear it is true!)

Anyway would love feedback from you guys,or just any advice that you have about the farrier world in Spain and Portugal......or any advice at all! I am hearing so many different stories....they need good farriers, they dont need them....shoeing standards are low...etc etc.

I guess once I am over there I will be throwing questions your way all the time...and just keeping y'all updated on my progress!.

I plan to be starting the businesss over there in September next year.

Anyway once again "Hi "from downunder, looking forward to getting some input from more knowledgable heads than mine!

Cheers
Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 30 Aug 2009 04:00 #2

G'day mate,i know nothing of portugal .will you be our translator for our friend Red Amor?
Gary W. Atchison-Mustang Farrier Service-Hillsboro Texas

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 30 Aug 2009 04:52 #3

Good on ya maet . . . (yEA - Is that it Red, do I 'ave it oye)

Eh Mark, welcome
to the FRHC it sounds like you're going about it the right way . . .

. . . nothin like getting real Good then with the backing/support of your new family,
You'll likely get a lot of work.
You might want to land with a big splash . . .
. . . you know be a legend in your own time.

I remember when in '74 I landed in a small native/fishing village,
I was a long hair bearded white guy,
and as I disembarked walked from the wharf at one end of town
to my new digs at the other end of the Island.
Everyone bar none looked at me, some said hi, Brad, others just grunted.
What "Hi Brad" how'd they know me ???
The whole town had heard I was coming to stay a while.
Then one night at the rec-hall I was offered a chance at the pool table which wasn't done.
I think they wanted to see if I was Cool or Dork.
I cleared the table between my first my second turn,
and the other guy had half his b.a.l.l.s down.
Now this might not seem like much but
I had only played pool a half dozen times in my life, and looked at it as a physics study.
After the 8 ball went down I throw the cue on the table
and admists cries of "I'm playing him next I said "Sorry guys I'm done"
and for evermore remained undefeated and a legendary hero.
Well so the story goes.

Many things good came out of that night for the rest of my stay in that fishing village.

Whoa, take me back man. :o

I guess I am saying market your newness and skill and you will likely be busier than you want. :D
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 30 Aug 2009 08:32 #4

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Mark..
I maybe wrong;but you plan next year to land in Portugal...
I have a few contacts ...sadly one ha just died ,but his wife is still living there ,they did not have horse .I know that Germans look for farriers and one German farrier is working the south coast..

Gambino would be a good contact for spain gambinoherrador is his handle..

I found you looking on other sites for info ..you have as I have found the right place..Welcome!

If you want to see other places and just ride WELCOME here,middle germany.

I have a Guy coming to work with me in October from spain ,he lived in portugal for 3 years ,he wants to become a farrier .he will cover the time my apprentice is doing his exam next years for 6 months.

Regards Ray

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 30 Aug 2009 12:49 #5

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi and welcome. I don't know much about farriers in Portugal, but I do have a a retired farrier friend not too far from Lousä (east of) in centeral Portugal. I know there aren't many horses around where he lives, but will try to find the scoop for you. I will be headed there in November for my vacation. Can give you some feed back after that.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 01 Sep 2009 10:12 #6

• kanehill
Thanks guys,

What a great response! I appreciate it! Ray I just might take you up on the offer and visit you in Germany, and Mikel would appreciate whatever feedback you can get after your November visit.

I think whatever contacts I can get before I land in Portugal next September will be invaluable.(I hope I can repay the favour one day)

Bradley appreciate the positive feedback, we have a saying in Australia...and I guess you guys have heard it.....(more likely from your neck of the woods) Go hard or go home.....And this will be my philosophy.

As for translating what Red says.....from what I have heard the guy is a legend...so I wont be presumptuous enough to translate for him!

Once again thanks again....I hope this makes for a long working relationship with you guys!

mark

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 03 Sep 2009 13:21 #7

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
i have been shoeing in portugal for over 7 years and believe me it has been an experience i could never have envisaged. iam based in the south of the country but also work central alentejo.please ask any questions iam more than happy help
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 04 Sep 2009 05:46 #8

• Bill Adams
  • Master
Hey, Mark and Chris, Welcome.
Mark, when will you be at Hartland?

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 05 Sep 2009 05:29 #9

• beslagsmed
  • Master
chris bunting wrote:
i have been shoeing in portugal for over 7 years and believe me it has been an experience i could never have envisaged. iam based in the south of the country but also work central alentejo.please ask any questions iam more than happy help

Chris,
Welcome to the forums. I see you are south of Lisbon. My friend I will visit(retired farrier) lives west of Coimbra at a little village called Cabanoes. Great country there, never been south. Take care and glad to have you here.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 06 Sep 2009 04:15 #10

• kanehill
Hey Bill, I will be going to heartland in July '10 for 8 weeks. Then straight through to Lisbon.

Thanks very much Chris, definately will ask many questions of you! Would also like to pay a visit once I arrive if thats ok with you?

Honestly never thought I would miss shoeing so much, a farrier mate once told me it was in my blood. And I must admit everytime I check out a horses hoof I get nostalgic. Looking forward to getting under them again.Then again I suppose you quickly forget the dust,heat mud, blood and tears!

cheers everyone
mark

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 07 Sep 2009 14:35 #11

• chris bunting
  • Master
just been stopped today 7.30am by the gnr fiscal for carrying 8 sets of shoes wihout the proper licence or proof of ownership expecting a big fine. my van has been taken off the road with all its documents and cannot be driven until these problems are resolved . the fiscal police value the shoes at over 250 euros .just remember when you arrive to do everything by the book the concequences can be extraordinary
sorry i forgot to mention there is no book.
to the best i know prices around lisbon vary from 30 euros to a lot and from what clients say the average seems to be around 45 euros
running out of time now catch you later

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 07 Sep 2009 18:58 #12

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
chris bunting wrote:
just been stopped today 7.30am by the gnr fiscal for carrying 8 sets of shoes wihout the proper licence or proof of ownership expecting a big fine. my van has been taken off the road with all its documents and cannot be driven until these problems are resolved . the fiscal police value the shoes at over 250 euros .just remember when you arrive to do everything by the book the concequences can be extraordinary
sorry i forgot to mention there is no book.
to the best i know prices around lisbon vary from 30 euros to a lot and from what clients say the average seems to be around 45 euros
running out of time now catch you later

Man someone local does have something against you....Please explain what the shoes ownership have to do with anything???what if you made your own would that make a difference??
Also I had heard they are a bit jumpy about hot shoeing ,because of the fires a while back??
hope you get it cleared up quick!!!

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 08 Sep 2009 13:44 #13

• chris bunting
  • Master
hi ray
the problem is directed at all businesses not me as an individual.just been to the lawyers they say i have to wait. i also forgot to say i am not allowed to practise my profession legally until the fiscal say so . i understand today there is a 10 day backlog of individuals in the same predicament as me
i will keep you posted

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 08 Sep 2009 17:02 #14

• beslagsmed
  • Master
chris bunting wrote:
hi ray
the problem is directed at all businesses not me as an individual.just been to the lawyers they say i have to wait. i also forgot to say i am not allowed to practise my profession legally until the fiscal say so . i understand today there is a 10 day backlog of individuals in the same predicament as me
i will keep you posted

Chris,
Do they recognize the EU Farriers's Certificate? From what you say it is a business thing, not farrier. Has this to do with paying taxes, being registered for this?
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Starting Business in Europe(Portugal) 10 Sep 2009 08:47 #15

• chris bunting
  • Master
ray
there is absolutely no recognition of any form of farrier certification or registration. the only respect shown by the majority of owners and vets comes in the form of a short hello .i am lucky that the majority of clients believe in my work and appreciate the fact that i am qualified and registered both in the uk and europe something local vets and trainers will not accept.

Kunena Birthday Module

• David Gill birthday is today
  • Jerry Downs birthday is today
  • my_quantum birthday is today
  • Omega Donisi birthday is today
  • Shelly Peterson birthday is today
  • Eric Fox birthday is in 1 day
  • FolsomBlues birthday is in 1 day
  • hezahottass birthday is in 1 day
  • s_steinberg birthday is in 1 day
  • Aaron Roberts birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.