make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 18, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Apprenticing...question for women farriers.

Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 00:05 #1

For the women on here.....were you able to apprentice with anyone or did you go it alone after your education? I'm having a heck of a time getting an apprentice position as pretty much all the replies are along the lines of "sorry my wife/girlfriend won't let me ride with a girl. I do understand but where do you start???

~Amy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 00:07 #2

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
Come to the UK ;)

That would be illegal and there's a farrier shortage and a recognition that diversity and inclusion is therefore a positive thing in terms of broadening the talent pool

As such women are encouraged into the industry.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 04:01 #3

• Dorito22
Keep trying and calling people. Don't give up.

Plus, you are probably better off not working with someone who says that he is not allowed to work with women. That doesn't sound like a very mature individual...

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 04:09 #4

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Dorito22 wrote:

Plus, you are probably better off not working with someone who says that he is not allowed to work with women. That doesn't sound like a very mature individual...

Its not the individual who isn't mature, it's the individuals wife.:)
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 04:17 #5

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
I remember some one once saying that his wife objected to a lady apprentice - "maybe she doesn't realize most of my clients are women, and a fair number of the ones that aren't are gay".
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 05:12 #6

Dorito22 wrote:

Aha not feeling like offending your wife that you have lived with for maybe 20+ years over a girl that feels like becoming a shoer just to give it up in a couple of years either because they want kids or can't cope is what you call immature?

Just that I get my facts straight.

Ronald Aalders

p.s. sigh in advance...... Yes, I would think it offends my wife when she does not like the idea of me travelling with a woman shoer and I would go on and do it anyway.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 05:14 #7

• Ray_Knightley
  • Master
We have worked alot with ladies in the past .
those that really want to prove themselves in a so called Mans world where great ,the worked alot harder and where never late in the mornings..
Regarding the Trust of farriers partners ,well Its good that you don`t go to those who say their wives/girlfriends would not like them working with a woman..because those guys are affraid of themselves more or less.
Anyone really interested in sharing the trade will not care who wants to learn as long as the are a help and are really interested in what is offerd.
Here its the cost of and extra hand that really gets in the way ,as the employment extra costs are very high..
Post a search here and the area you want maybe that will help you!

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 07:13 #8

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
Well IF that's what's being said I wouldn't believe a word of it.

It seems you've been unlucky enough to run up against a clump of guys who all have jealous bunny boiler wives that think so long as their husband doesn't travel with a woman he won't stray.

Nonsense!!!

If that's what is being said, it's an excuse!

Men work with women all the time. Farriers main customers are women!

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 09:15 #9

• smytheson
  • Contributing Member
Thomas_Ride&Drive wrote:

It seems you've been unlucky enough to run up against a clump of guys who all have jealous bunny boiler wives that think so long as their husband doesn't travel with a woman he won't stray.

It sounds as though you might be speaking from personal experience, are you? It is grossly offensive to refer to any woman as a "bunny boiler" and you are perhaps also unaware that referring to men as "guys" is ordinarily confined to labour party conferences and to other than polite society.
If I should die, think only this of me. That there's some corner of a foreign field that is forever England.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 11:20 #10

If you are serious about finding someone to apprentice with, join the local farriers group and start showing up at clinics. Put yourself out there. If you show some initiative and intelligence, you'll find someone that'll take you on. You'll also have the opportunity to figure out who you might NOT want to apprentice with, even if they offered.
Amanda Gibson, CF

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 11:41 #11

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Thomas_Ride&Drive wrote:
Indeed our livelihood often depends on out ability to keep many women satisfied. ;)

I've only ever had one client who calls me honey and tells me I'm cute. But I'm not his type.

All kidding aside, in my life I have seen numerous situations where students have fallen in fatuation and mentors have fallen in lust and succumbed to the power trip. Perhaps the most famous of such stories is Bill and Monica.

My wife would have no problem with me having a female apprentice as long as the apprentice was 6' 2", weighed 350lbs, stunk like pig manure and had a unibrow. :D
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 11:53 #12

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
farriergodmother wrote:
If you are serious about finding someone to apprentice with, join the local farriers group and start showing up at clinics. Put yourself out there. If you show some initiative and intelligence, you'll find someone that'll take you on. You'll also have the opportunity to figure out who you might NOT want to apprentice with, even if they offered.
Great idea! I can't imagine you would be turned down if you asked to switch off riding with a different farrier from your local association for one or two days each week. Not enough time to form an attachment. Eventually somebody (or all of them) might figure out that you're all business. Learn to be one of the boys.

PS: Amanda, I just noticed your CF. Please accept my belated congratulations. You go girl!
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 11:56 #13

sorry my wife/girlfriend won't let me
Just one guys way of saying it.
Yes it is true 99% of my clients are women,
and I only spend between 1/2 hour to 6 hours every 6-8 weeks with any of them.

With an apprentice I would be spending 8hrs every day.

My wife and I have an agreement,
we will not spend enormous blocks of time with anyone of the opposite s.x

It just is not healthy.
Plus, you are probably better off not working with someone who says that he is not allowed to work with women.
That doesn't sound like a very mature individual...
That is a SUPER thoughtless imature statment.
Choosing to not work with the opposite s.x
actually is a very mature, and a sound choice.
Even B.Clinton couldn't keep it zipped up away from home,
and how many senators as of late have had the same problem ???

My wife enjoys the Fidelity that I display openly,
by not just not looking at other females, but looking away.

I had a female ask me to apprentice, and after I repeatedly said no,
I discussed it with my wife and I suggested that
if we arrived at the barn in separate trucks and it was not full time we could give it a try.
I also said to her you will need to come over for lunch and meet my family.
1. The would be apprentice didn't show, twice.
Entrance into that shoeing school required the student to secure an apprenticeship,
2. So my name was used for that purpose, anyway.
3. When she finished school, she proceeded to call many of my clients,
with a cut rate, and stole a page out of my book.

I quess that would be someone my wife and I should trust blindly. :confused:
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 12:30 #14

After Danny Ward's horseshoeing school in 1990, did I have it extremely hard and lots of difficulty having anyone teach a girl. I was 27 years old at the time.
Only Johnny at Delaware Park would take me on and teach me how to shoe racehorses and other types of horses, and he didn't have a girlfriend at the time; plus his attitude was no one tells him what to do with how he runs his business. He then got a girlfriend 2 months later, who was jealous of me riding with him all the time in the first 8 months; and told her to hit the road by that April of 1991.
We started to see each other as more than just friends by June of 1991; and the rest is history. We had our little girl Lynn Marie in November of 2000; but with sadness he passed away on October 4, 2004.

Johnny taught others including some women, and I never questioned his integrety. It is called trust and faith in someone.
When you have that; you will not have to be jealous or insecure.

RE:Apprenticing...question for women farriers. 12 Aug 2009 12:39 #15

Thomas_Ride&Drive wrote:
Well IF that's what's being said I wouldn't believe a word of it.

Nonsense!!!

If that's what is being said, it's an excuse!

Remember everyone!!!!!....... that sometimes the farrier guys can have a twist with another guy, that happened here several years ago.....or the other guy gets his teacher in trouble by going to strip clubs on the side, go get a girl on the side.......we had this happen here a few years ago.

some are now divorced!!!!

Kunena Birthday Module

• David Gill birthday is today
  • Jerry Downs birthday is today
  • my_quantum birthday is today
  • Omega Donisi birthday is today
  • Shelly Peterson birthday is today
  • Eric Fox birthday is in 1 day
  • FolsomBlues birthday is in 1 day
  • hezahottass birthday is in 1 day
  • s_steinberg birthday is in 1 day
  • Aaron Roberts birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.