make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday August 11, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: how to deal with non paying clients?

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 04:41 #31

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
NicktheShoer wrote:
That is a really nice bar room story you had there, but would you recommend a young shoer in that same position to do the same?

Don't really care if you believe it or not. The events as related in the story are accurate. You'll note that I didn't recommend what I did be copied by anyone else. I simply related what worked for me.
BTW.... I was just curious.... If you gave a number on that ad that was a pay phone so she couldn't call back, did your friend have to sit outside by the pay phone for a few days waiting for her to call? If she even saw the ad at all?

No. I knew from what she had told me that she was trying very hard to purchase a horse with specific qualities, and she'd mentioned which publications she was reading, including the local newspaper. It didn't take much of a leap of faith to know that she'd call very soon after the ad appeared. And she did, on the second day. My friend would've sat there a week if need be, because the stable owner had treated her poorly. To quote Khan, "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Now, move along....

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 04:43 #32

• NicktheShoer
  • Contributing Member
Cyber Farrier wrote:
Now, move along....

Baron

You got it dude.
Sir Nicholas J. McDonald IV, Esq.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 05:11 #33

• halfmiler
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
halfmiler

damn good reason to shoe there: i can pull down in one good day what most folks bring home in 2 weeks if i get a good bunch and my holder is on his toes.

I enjoyed life on the backside, but I think your figures are bit off. If you're getting $100 a head and working by yourself, plating 20 horses in one day might be possible - although 10 would be a more realistic figure - and the best possible day you could have would gross $2,000.

In any metro area of Texas, the bottom for hunters, jumpers, and dressage horses is $140 a head. Even the laziest of farriers servicing this market can get a couple done in the morning and a couple done in the afternoon and be home in time to watch the ball game. Four head a day is $560, multiplied by five days a week, comes to $2,800 gross per week. Two weeks work grosses $5,600, which is twice as much as a plater getting $100 a pop can gross in a single day at the races.

Bear mind that many H/J/D farriers are getting more than $140 a head and most are shoeing more than four a day. :)

from what i heard going rate for a shoeing thruout the south,south east and midwest is no where near $140+ a head. but this is kinda like comparing body part sizes here fellas.
J.M.Shrader
“Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100 mph.” Linus Torvalds

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 05:17 #34

I have removed shoes from horses of non-paying clients.
Some of which had the audacity to refuse right after the job was done.
(one said because I didn't get there soon enough)

If the job is not paid for, the shoes are not theirs.

Cars get repossessed, so do horseshoes.
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 05:19 #35

• NicktheShoer
  • Contributing Member
Bradley-1stChoice wrote:

Cars get repossessed, so do horseshoes.

You are right... the CEO of Bank of America once drove out of my driveway with my brand new Aston Martin.

That is called collateral. I do not believe it works the same for a service? Perhaps you can put a lien on them? Besides, what did the shoes cost you? $5 maybe?

Pretty nice.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 15:24 #36

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Down here the Law calls it "Theft of Services".
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 17:56 #37

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
halfmiler wrote:
from what i heard going rate for a shoeing thruout the south,south east and midwest is no where near $140+ a head. but this is kinda like comparing body part sizes here fellas.

I don't know where in the midwest you're talking about but a bunch of us get a good deal more than that.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 11 Jul 2009 20:07 #38

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
halfmiler in gray, my old stuff in brown

"In any metro area of Texas, the bottom for hunters, jumpers, and dressage horses is $140 a head..."

from what i heard going rate for a shoeing thruout the south,south east and midwest is no where near $140+ a head.

Your source is partially correct. My information was somewhat dated and based on what I was getting for shoeing as the official farrier at the Pin Oak USEF "AA" H/J show, other USEF "A" H/J shows, as well as the Region 9 Dressage Championships, Southwestern Dressage Championship, Texas Championships and other USDF shows in Greater Houston. I've spoken to several H/J/D show farriers servicing the Texas market and have learned that since I've been retired, the bottom at H/J/D shows and show barns is closer to $200, not $140. Thank you for pointing out my error.

but this is kinda like comparing body part sizes here fellas.

No brag, just fact. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 12 Jul 2009 13:01 #39

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Rick Burten wrote:
How d-umb was it? He got his money didn't he?

I did the same one time. Had a customer who wouldn't pay. I waited until Wednesday afternoon knowing they were going to a show on Saturday, took the shoes off. She called, madder than a wet hen. I said no problem, I could reset the shoes on Friday morning, but she had to pay what was due plus the reset fee. From then on, she paid in advance. Worked for me.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 12 Jul 2009 13:55 #40

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
I never made it quite so complicated and I never actually had to do it but I've threatened to pull shoes off.

In one instance that comes to mind, I went out to the polo field during a match and told the offending player that I was going to pull all the shoes off all his horses starting with the horse he was sitting on unless he paid me. He paid me.

What I find interesting is that in the old days (my first term in this business) I was never cheated out of anything. I had to chase a few people around and put up with a few rubber checks but everybody eventually made good. In the last few years since I've been back, I've been stiffed a few times. It's been trims or horses that left town so there aren't any shoes to repo. I think there are more crooks than there used to be.

While I'd like to get my money, it's probably not practical. What is it they say...good rid ens to bad rubbish? So they got a few bucks from me but they're garbage and, on some level, they know it.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 12 Jul 2009 16:19 #41

our court system chases people down for us...they get their driver's licenses suspended if they fail to appear before the magistrate and pay what they owe, plus the court's fees...i just take the bounced check down and submit it to the court...if it's an unpaid invoice...we have a local collection agency that gets our money...works for me

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 12 Jul 2009 17:44 #42

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
MyraLynn79 wrote:
our court system chases people down for us...they get their driver's licenses suspended if they fail to appear before the magistrate and pay what they owe, plus the court's fees...i just take the bounced check down and submit it to the court...if it's an unpaid invoice...we have a local collection agency that gets our money...works for me

I don't know where you are but bad checks are a crime here too and the prosecutor will act on them. We also have collection agencies, though I've never hired one so I don't know exatly what it takes to get one working.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 12 Jul 2009 17:46 #43

• NicktheShoer
  • Contributing Member
MyraLynn79 wrote:

I think that is wonderful advice.

It would be fun to **** off the owner by pulling the shoes off, don't get me wrong, but it does seem like a lot of extra work to me. I would rather drink beer than go out pulling shoes.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 12 Jul 2009 21:07 #44

• Horshure
I may have just had a good streak of luck but in 15 years been shorted 150 bucks is all..........damn sure we have lost more do to my ****ty math than cheating clients... I do bill as well.....somtimes have had to wait longer that should be expected however everyone paid up eventualy........you gather more flies with honey that vineger I think.

RE:how to deal with non paying clients? 16 Jul 2009 09:40 #45

• seminolewind
  • Very Senior Member
  • email: kseminolewind@yahoo.com
  • Thank you received: 6
Baron, best story I've read all week! Perfect. I hope you all do the same when someone stiffs you.
Karen Fletcher
still trying to get it right

Kunena Birthday Module

• bertfair birthday is today
  • By His Grace birthday is today
  • farrierhc@gmail.com birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is today
  • Hextall27 birthday is today
  • irons_shoer birthday is today
  • jrandolph birthday is today
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is today
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 1 day
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 1 day
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 1 day
  • texasgunsel birthday is in 363 days
  • alexbonnetfarrier birthday is in 364 days
  • BeckiandBugs birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.