make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday December 3, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!!

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 20:57 #16

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Phil, do you practice working to the clock?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 21:30 #17

Phil, call me today or tomorrow if you want to work out details for Virginia.
If you can get here, I will take you the last leg. Hotel is on me and you can finish up CF with Richard and I. I have my practical left. I have some skymiles if ya want to Fly into BWI early Friday am.

We can all test out of my rig, you dont even need to bring an apron.

June is "CJF" month.... Dave Ferguson is having a precert and cert at his place end of month.

Get Handmakin and Studyin! I am.

Congrats on your fine beginnig.

Regards,
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 21:35 #18

Mike Ferrara wrote:
Phil, do you practice working to the clock?

Mike I don't wear a watch and never concerned with time. Always been that way and feel it is the best way to be around horses. I like to work at a steady pace, a rhythm I guess. Maybe it is just me and these may be the wrong words to explain how I work around horses. I find when I am relaxed and working in a calm steady rhythm with the horse they relax and soon know what your doing and seem to help you get the job done. I need to figure out how to not let the unexpected upset that feel and mess up my plan. I watched a few guys stay focused and do high quality work no matter what was going on. At the end of the day one guy took his CJF practical which requires front hand mades with a toe clip and hind hand mades with side clips fit to AFA standards. He had two hours to accomplish this and never changed his frame of mind or pace through the whole deal. His horse acted up hot fitting and it did not bother him at all. I don't know how he did as I had to get going.

Anyone know how that young man made out? It looked like he was doing a great job and on time.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 21:38 #19

tbloomer wrote:
Isn't that like asking how fast can one get to the top of a particular ladder? Some climb faster or slower than others. Some start at a higher or lower point on the ladder.

In Phil's case, we grab his ladder and shake it. Instead of falling off, he hangs on and keeps climbing. :D

That is a good description. Slow, steady and hang on tight. :D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 21:44 #20

Equifarmette1 wrote:
Congraulations Phil. Short notice but you can bunk with us next weekend in VA when we " try again":D if you want.

Brian Purrington wrote:
Phil, call me today or tomorrow if you want to work out details for Virginia.
If you can get here, I will take you the last leg. Hotel is on me and you can finish up CF with Richard and I. I have my practical left. I have some skymiles if ya want to Fly into BWI early Friday am.

We can all test out of my rig, you dont even need to bring an apron.

June is "CJF" month.... Dave Ferguson is having a precert and cert at his place end of month.

Get Handmakin and Studyin! I am.

Congrats on your fine beginnig.

Regards,

Wow guys, you don't know what this means to me. Brian I will give you a call. Not sure if I can swing it, let me see what is going on and if I can rearrange some appointments. A lot of my clients know I how hard I am working to get this done and have been very supportive.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 22:32 #21

• Jim Sweeney
Phil Armitage;161210 wrote:

My internal clock needs work. What seemed like plenty of time 1 hr. to do front feet in keg shoes all of a sudden was running out. I thought I had plenty of time until I heard someone say 30 mins left. :eek:
So I did a speedy job shaping two shoes to fit two different feet at the same time and was down to 7 mins with heels a little too long and not a perfect fit to a dimes width from the widest part of the foot back, one a little too wide and the other a little to narrow. The next step was to have the tester check the fit, but I knew time was running out and handed him the shoes as is and hoping to at least get them nailed on and scored on nailing and finish. The fit did not pass and I ran out of time.

Phil, that was the first certification I ever attended. I was shocked at how the time just evaporated on people. My wife Lindsay who held for Timmy had alot of interesting thoughts on that subject as well. Most everyone I watched had almost no knife or nipper work in their trims as their horses were barefoot but they still took alot (too much?) time with the rasp. I looked at your horse and was thinking you had a RF club. While it may be normal in the field to fit up two different fronts, it seems like the last thing you need to work out under the clock. Alot of time gets eaten up with tuning in your shoe fit. Most days, anywhere near this standard would get you by in the field but since the standard is so exact alot of trips to the anvil cut more time off the clock. A reluctant or yanking horse while not a huge deal everyday is robbing you of five, ten, or fifteen seconds everytime he does not cooperate. I think the TQ'd horse was unfortunate. Even making sure you get the examiners going on your feet or shoes while your still busy with something so there is never a break in your momentum. It may seem silly to some, how you have to strategize to get two shoes on in the sixty minutes but if they watched it first hand I think they would get it. Both Mark and Tim began nailing up around six minutes, and they were not lollygagging around the other fifty four minutes. My hat is off to you. You will have it wrapped up soon. I think the whole thing is a great process and achievement. I have a feeling the down side for me is I will never again get a free pass on my wife's shoeing jobs. Lindsay was impressed with Jim Smith and John Blombach and I can just hear her now questioning my toe quarter fit.:rolleyes:
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 22:34 #22

Phil,

I called the contact for VA. You have a horse if you want one.

Get back to me on the rest.

Good talking to you.

Regards.
Brian R. Purrington
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.wellshodhorses.com

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 23:28 #23

• irishcas
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations Phil. Sorry about the practical. Sounds like you will make it next time.

Also sounds like you have a lot of support, nice to see.
Kim Cassidy
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence." Doug McLeod

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 00:53 #24

• Horshure
Phil it is about pre prep........you need to pre decide what it is you will do.

have the expected shoe sizes ready(not rumaging through the truck)
have a hardy ready too(in case of a clubby foot)
measure foot with tape circumfrence and center width and heel width and write it down plain to see. Shape your shoe to those numbers then go to the foot.
have the nails handy.
have your times to spend pre decided and a watch to check...how much you can afford to spend on trim...how much on shaping..how much on finish..ect.

pre prep decides for you..

Good luck!!

Andy

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 01:08 #25

• dave murray
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Good on you Phil, i'am proud of you, you'll get it next time hands down.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 02:12 #26

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Good job Phil. The practical will be easier next time, you will have a better idea what to do and how to manage your time. Now post photo's of your shoe board so I can see the square toe and copy it.:D

How tough time wise is it getting in and out of your trailer to work? Does that scare the horse any cause your moving a little faster than normal? It does look like a good set up.

Get to VA and get it done.:cool:
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 02:53 #27

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Phil Armitage wrote:
Mike I don't wear a watch and never concerned with time. Always been that way and feel it is the best way to be around horses. I like to work at a steady pace, a rhythm I guess. Maybe it is just me and these may be the wrong words to explain how I work around horses. I find when I am relaxed and working in a calm steady rhythm with the horse they relax and soon know what your doing and seem to help you get the job done.

I know what you mean.
I need to figure out how to not let the unexpected upset that feel and mess up my plan. I watched a few guys stay focused and do high quality work no matter what was going on. At the end of the day one guy took his CJF practical which requires front hand mades with a toe clip and hind hand mades with side clips fit to AFA standards. He had two hours to accomplish this and never changed his frame of mind or pace through the whole deal. His horse acted up hot fitting and it did not bother him at all. I don't know how he did as I had to get going.

If it were me, I'd spend some time practicing with focus on the specific requirements of the test.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 03:06 #28

Time management is the tough part of the practical. I learned that the hard way the first time I took it and failed. So, I broke my hour down to 10 minutes increments. 10 to trim, 10 to fit, 10 to nail and finish. The other 30 minutes were my cushion. It gave me the space I needed to overcome two self-inflicted hurdles: forgetting to change my empty propane cylinder BEFORE the test, and going back to fit a second set of shoes because I knew the first ones would have failed me if I handed them in.
Amanda Gibson, CF

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 03:24 #29

Horshure wrote:
Phil it is about pre prep........you need to pre decide what it is you will do.

have the expected . . .
. . . have the nails handy.
have your times to spend pre decided and a watch to check...how much you can afford to spend on trim...how much on shaping..how much on finish..ect.

pre prep decides for you..
Andy

Now thats good solid advice, thanks.
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 08 Jun 2009 06:01 #30

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
GOOD O Phil
well done Mate ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

Kunena Birthday Module

• caballus birthday is today
  • jakethepaint birthday is today
  • Riley Brown birthday is today
  • White Hawk Farrier Servic birthday is in 1 day
  • ElCamino birthday is in 363 days
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 364 days
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 364 days
  • JessyJay birthday is in 364 days
  • min54teresa birthday is in 364 days
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.