make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday September 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!!

Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 13:26 #1

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Phil came to Vermont and tested for his CF.

The man came prepared and though he didn't get it this time, he is on the cusp and will have it before the year is out would be my guess.

I believe Phill scored the HIGHEST score on the written exam out of over 9 people testing for their CF.
A 95 !!!!

Phils work on trimming and shoeing looks really good.

I am sure he will come on and give us the exact facts .

For anyone who hasn't seen Phils shoeing trailer get him to post recent pictures. It is set up soooooooooooo nice.

Congratulations from all of here at the VtFA (of which aPhil is a member) on a job well done my friend.

Hey Jim! it was so good to meet you and your wife..

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 14:06 #2

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
vthorseshoe wrote:

The man came prepared and though he didn't get it this time, he is on the cusp and will have it before the year is out would be my guess.

Bruce buddy...as usual I don't understand your logic. He was "prepared" but not successful? It sounds like a contradiction to me.

Phils work on trimming and shoeing looks really good.

Good compared to what? The performance requirements for the test?

I am sure he will come on and give us the exact facts .

Whether he does or not, I wish him well in his pursuits.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 14:48 #3

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Yesterday at the Wildenstein clinic, Mike told the story of how he failed the first shot he took at his Fellowship of the WCF. His thesis was supposed to have 3000 words or more. He figured that they wouldn't actually count the words. But he came up 13 words short. Had to retake the entire FWCF exam. Failed by %0.43 short on the word count. DANG! :eek:
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 15:00 #4

Congratulations Phil

I wasn't prepared for this so
I had to go to the other side of the room,

to get my hat . . . put it on,

so I could take it off to you.

Well done . . .
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 15:24 #5

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Mike I do understand what you are saying, and it is a contradiction.
I am full of them at times.

Here is my point on this:

Anytime a person tests his abilities in front of his pears, in my book they are a success.

Phil has been on a long journey with a continuous desire to improve his skills.
This has just been another step along his journey.

Success doesn't always come in one shot for folks. Usually it is little steps that make up the whole picture.

In this industry many folks start out taking the steps but get discouraged or stop for one reason or another.

Phil has shown tenacity and stuck to his quest.

Phil has faced advercity all along the way and has learned from everyone.

In my opinion Phil could be a poster child for stick to itiveness and an inspiration for other farriers.

He has a family and bills and runs a successful business etc. like so many of us.
What Phil has done is made time to practice/study and apply himself instead of sitting infronty of the TV or such.

Phils desire to be a very knowledgeable and skilled farrier
is his motivation., and I APPLAUDE HIM....

SUCCESS ISN'T IN WINNING....IT IS IN THE TRY !!!!

my 2 cents worth
-but-

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 15:44 #6

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Good going Phil

Mike did you find it easy or hard when you took the test…how long did you study and prepare for it. Im just wondering how much time one needs to devote for preparation..
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 16:13 #7

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Travis Reed wrote:
Im just wondering how much time one needs to devote for preparation..
Isn't that like asking how fast can one get to the top of a particular ladder? Some climb faster or slower than others. Some start at a higher or lower point on the ladder.

In Phil's case, we grab his ladder and shake it. Instead of falling off, he hangs on and keeps climbing. :D
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 16:49 #8

• Jim Sweeney
vthorseshoe wrote:

For anyone who hasn't seen Phils shoeing trailer get him to post recent pictures. It is set up soooooooooooo nice.

Congratulations from all of here at the VtFA (of which aPhil is a member) on a job well done my friend.

Hey Jim! it was so good to meet you and your wife..

my 2 cents worth ;)

I got a pic of Phil working in his shop. Phil's trailer seems to be laid out well and looks roomy enough to work in. I liked it. I am sure it is really nice in the winter, and in mud season, probably nice in the hot sun too, Nice going Phil. I did get a video of Timmy Bolduc doing his test and got it up on Youtube last night and posted a link to it over on the WCB site so his friends over there could see it.
It was great to meet you also Bruce, looking forward to seeing you again.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 16:58 #9

• Jim Sweeney

Vermont Farriers Assoc. President Mark Schnieder(hope I spelled that right) also put in a good showing. It was the first time I met him as well. He can really get it done under a horse.
Jim Sweeney

"I started with nothing and I still have most of it left". The Logger.

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 18:54 #10

Phil,

Great job. Congratulations.

Esco Buff, PhD, CF
Esco Buff, PhD, APF, CF

631 Bay Road
Webster, New York 14580
(585)-298-6619
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.escobuff.com

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 19:14 #11

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
How many out of 9 passed
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 19:15 #12

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Way to go Phil. Don't worry about some of the nay sayers. You have shown the testicular fortitude to step up and lay it on the line. Others, have/will not. Not that it matters, but you wanna guess who stands tall in my eyes?

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 19:30 #13

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Some came to only finish taking their written, some had to pass their shoe board and 9 took the practicle.
I believe four passed the practicle. (trimming shapeing shoe to fit foot and then shoeing.)
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 20:27 #14

Thanks everyone, the AFA certification is truly and education and well worth the time and effort. I passed the written and shoe board. Two areas that I struggled with and figured the practical would be a walk in the park.

My internal clock needs work. What seemed like plenty of time 1 hr. to do front feet in keg shoes all of a sudden was running out. I thought I had plenty of time until I heard someone say 30 mins left. :eek: The problem with time started after my horse was sedated. The holder requested that the horse be sedated. Apparently the horse was nibbling on the holder too much. He went from giving me his feet by just touching the back of his leg to pulling 2X4s out of the ground. I still wanted a clean hoof prep and spent way too much time getting a nice clean trim on a horse that was ready to fall to the ground and was not responsive to me at all. Other guys worked on sedated horses as well and got a passing job done on time. So I should have been able to do the same, it was a huge challenge for me.

So I did a speedy job shaping two shoes to fit two different feet at the same time and was down to 7 mins with heels a little too long and not a perfect fit to a dimes width from the widest part of the foot back, one a little too wide and the other a little to narrow. The next step was to have the tester check the fit, but I knew time was running out and handed him the shoes as is and hoping to at least get them nailed on and scored on nailing and finish. The fit did not pass and I ran out of time.

I did finish the horse and trimmed his hind feet. Got some nice complements from the horse holder and a couple of others on the shoeing. :) It is what it is and no hard feelings. Time to look for the next certification date and location. Virginia sounds like a good idea.
I walked away with a ton of great information that will improve my efficiency, quality and help me in my everyday shoeing.

I had a great time and picked up some great techniques watching others work.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Phil Armitage scored a 95 on his CF written !!!! 07 Jun 2009 20:47 #15

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
Good for you, Phil. Keep us posted.
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

Kunena Birthday Module

• irideazippo birthday is today
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is today
  • RidingGrace birthday is today
  • trueworthy birthday is today
  • 56power65 birthday is in 1 day
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 1 day
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 1 day
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 1 day
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 1 day
  • texfarrier birthday is in 1 day
  • lindar131 birthday is in 363 days
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 364 days
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 364 days
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 364 days
  • vanderblij birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.