make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday August 13, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Under Cut Pricing

RE:Under Cut Pricing 14 Jun 2009 14:22 #136

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
OLDTRUCK wrote:
You sure beat me to the punch on that one.

POW.

Right in the kisser.

If I pay $3500 for the next truck that will be too much.

35k is more than I care to pay for a truck too but it's not over the top for a new truck. Whether you buy new or used it still costs and you're still only going to get so many miles out of it.

It does make sense to buy used IF you can find a vehicle with low enough milage for the price. IME, that's easier said than done.

One thing this thread has proven is that many folks here may be doing their own taxes but sure should hire a CPA for at least one filing. When they learn to separate fixed from variable costs and learn about the depreciation tables they will understand where the $ goes. Making $ in spite of themselves is what many are doing. A lot of sole proprietor businesses do. They could make more. I guess that’s my point.

How does it prove that? If you look at what you spend the money on, you know where it's going.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Under Cut Pricing 14 Jun 2009 17:01 #137

• Horshure
OLDTRUCK wrote:
You sure beat me to the punch on that one.

POW.

Right in the kisser.

If I pay $3500 for the next truck that will be too much.

One thing this thread has proven is that many folks here may be doing their own taxes but sure should hire a CPA for at least one filing. When they learn to separate fixed from variable costs and learn about the depreciation tables they will understand where the $ goes. Making $ in spite of themselves is what many are doing. A lot of sole proprietor businesses do. They could make more. I guess that’s my point.

the cga put us in the biggest bind of my life those folks are leeches off of a corrupt system that steals money to feed more pigs.........

he in his esteemed ability had no clue what sort of money I could make so advised to not pay in instalments.....so we were left with a very large tax bill at the end of the year most of the money we thought was ours actualy belonged to the tax man and was already spent........never blindly trust your accountants!!!

Canadian tax laws are such that you can net more by grossing less....the jump to 'BIG" money is a huge one and the ratios very discouraging after about 30,000 net.

A very big consideration and the math that actualy needs to be done is the differance between Gross income and Net.

at one time my costs were 50 percent and then on the 50 left I had to pay taxes...so the difference was 2/3.
take home was only 1/3 of my shoeing and trim prices.

you could gross 70,000 and only make about 23,000. this is no big deal if you know that your only actualy living on 23,000 however convince yourself it is more like 70,000........trouble!!!

this is the reality..........for every 100 bucks I take home to use to feed the kids and pay my mortgage it takes 300 of actual work done.
for the truck it is a bit better.......every 100 payed on it I need to earn 200 because of the tax break. however the truck depreciates so quikly that none or little of your original investment will be recuped unless you payed cash.

my back gets sore just thinking about it.

moral of the story....most of us don't do as good as we think !!!

RE:Under Cut Pricing 18 Jun 2009 18:18 #138

• NorvalWilhelm
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
We have a new guy or older guy restarting his career as a farrier in the area. He has a new add on Craigslist of course and has his prices listed. He will shoe a horse all a round for $55.00, and trim for $15.00 to $20.00 depending on travel time. He is good with bad horses (lists being able to train) and is good at theraputic shoeing. Also does race horses and lists a license number from the state racing board or something. .

One old amish farrier here charges $20 for a reset of 4 and trimming is $5 and he does about 16 horses a day with a helper. He is fast
[SIGPIC]C:\Documents and Settings\norval\My Documents\My Pictures\jan22 017.jpg[/SIGPIC]

RE:Under Cut Pricing 18 Jun 2009 18:43 #139

im not taking new customers as i am healing up from my broken leg,but i do still answer my phone.i had a guy call yesterday wanting prices,looking for someone cheaper than his guy.i charge a hundred for a full hot set,the going rate around here is 80.this guy is paying 225 for someone who comes from a long way off.i passed and told him to try to negotiate/communicate with his guy that he is happy with before firing him over price.just curious if this would be undercut pricing and how you all might handle it.-gary
Gary W. Atchison-Mustang Farrier Service-Hillsboro Texas

RE:Under Cut Pricing 18 Jun 2009 21:17 #140

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
NorvalWilhelm wrote:
One old amish farrier here charges $20 for a reset of 4 and trimming is $5 and he does about 16 horses a day with a helper. He is fast
You get what you pay for.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Under Cut Pricing 19 Jun 2009 04:50 #141

mustang farrier service wrote:
im not taking new customers as i am healing up from my broken leg,but i do still answer my phone.i had a guy call yesterday wanting prices,looking for someone cheaper than his guy.i charge a hundred for a full hot set,the going rate around here is 80.this guy is paying 225 for someone who comes from a long way off.i passed and told him to try to negotiate/communicate with his guy that he is happy with before firing him over price.just curious if this would be undercut pricing and how you all might handle it.-gary

In my opinion it isn't. You didn't go looking for the guy. You told him what your standard price is. If it happens to be lower than the guy he is using now and he wants to switch that is just simple economics. If you had told the guy that you would beat the price just to pick up the client it would be undercutting. I have a guy running around who is a big drunk who has tried to pick up several of my clients by asking what I charge and then saying he will beat it. Problem is anyone who has been around the area for more than 5 minutes knows who he is and knows the kind of work he does and they may wait for 6 months for him to decide to show up.
James Cockrell
I learn every day, most days the horse teaches me.

RE:Under Cut Pricing 19 Jun 2009 20:15 #142

He doesn't pay:
a mortgage, land tax, income tax, school tax,
truck payment, gas, auto/house insurance,

horses are brought to him,

Suppose given the same situation, I could reset for twenty $$$.

There outa be a law, that if your not part of society
You can't supply a service to that society,
there-by destroying competition, or making it tough in the area.

Don't get me wrong, I love what they believe and how they live.
Just glad they are not my neighbours hurting my business.
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Under Cut Pricing 19 Jun 2009 23:00 #143

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Bradley-1stChoice wrote:
He doesn't pay:
a mortgage, land tax, income tax, school tax,
truck payment, gas, auto/house insurance,

horses are brought to him,

Suppose given the same situation, I could reset for twenty $$$.

There outa be a law, that if your not part of society
You can't supply a service to that society,
there-by destroying competition, or making it tough in the area.

Don't get me wrong, I love what they believe and how they live.
Just glad they are not my neighbours hurting my business.

I love this statement Bradley.

Now...

APPLY IT TO THE MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF AMERICAN JOBS THAT OUR OWN AMERICAN COMPANIES HAVE SHIPPED OUT OF COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix that and, as farriers, we'll ALL be in high cotton!

Cheers,
Mark

(Yeah, I admit it. You touched a nerve.)

RE:Under Cut Pricing 20 Jun 2009 01:06 #144

• George Geist
  • Master
Mark_Gough wrote:
I love this statement Bradley.

Now...

APPLY IT TO THE MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF AMERICAN JOBS THAT OUR OWN AMERICAN COMPANIES HAVE SHIPPED OUT OF COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix that and, as farriers, we'll ALL be in high cotton!

Cheers,
Mark

(Yeah, I admit it. You touched a nerve.)
Easier than you think Mark.

Simple solution is import tarrifs. If all profit was removed from leaving the country they'd stay. The laissez faire free trade policies of the last few decades have caused this. Welcome to Globalism.:mad:
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Under Cut Pricing 20 Jun 2009 02:45 #145

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
George Geist wrote:
Easier than you think Mark.

Simple solution is import tarrifs. If all profit was removed from leaving the country they'd stay. The laissez faire free trade policies of the last few decades have caused this. Welcome to Globalism.:mad:
George
It even easier than that George.

Remove all the Government mandates on companies that make it impossible run a manufacturing business. Give business better tax breaks, and get rid of the unions.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Under Cut Pricing 20 Jun 2009 23:58 #146

• George Geist
  • Master
Gary_Miller wrote:
It even easier than that George.

Remove all the Government mandates on companies that make it impossible run a manufacturing business. Give business better tax breaks, and get rid of the unions.
Hmmmm a champion of the constitution looking to deny people their right to assemble? Say it ain't so! Gary just how in the world did you ever take an oath to preserve protect and defend that document when you have no clue what it even says?

As you scratch your head wondering about the Bill of Rights I'll put up another cool thing for people to read that like history.:) The horse shoers were even mentioned in this little story:D

http://libcom.org/a-peoples-history-of-the-united-states-howard-zinn/10-the-other-civil-war

You'll have a bright future with the GOP:rolleyes:
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Under Cut Pricing 21 Jun 2009 02:20 #147

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
NorvalWilhelm wrote:

Norval, that guy has a different life style, different needs, and different expenses. His life is completely different than what we have here. This is a pees poor comparison. A farrier running a business has more expenses per horse than that guy charges. I don't really care if he can do 60 a day, I don't want to. I want to do enough to make a living and go home to my family. I don't want to kill myself to please someone else. Speed is not a factor to me, if he can go fast and do a good job, more power to him. Me, I'll take my time, do a good job, charge a fair price, make a living, and be happy.

Do you get paid well for what you do? Why can't farriers?

As Jaye says and I have adopted as my favorite saying You can't fix S T U P I D! :eek:
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Under Cut Pricing 21 Jun 2009 02:46 #148

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
100% agree ben ....glad to see your back have always enjoyed your post...
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Under Cut Pricing 21 Jun 2009 02:47 #149

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Welcome Back Ben!:D
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Under Cut Pricing 21 Jun 2009 03:53 #150

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks guys, I'm still going to be in and out less than normal for a while. Norval just pist me off. :D
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

Kunena Birthday Module

• Appaloosa_64 birthday is today
  • Leonel WhitsittF509 birthday is today
  • MichaelBeckerF992 birthday is today
  • Ferno Garcia53DF birthday is in 363 days
  • jrandolph birthday is in 363 days
  • s-cogan1992 birthday is in 363 days
  • KEMPCOWBOY birthday is in 364 days
  • Mary Farrier birthday is in 364 days
  • Quarterman63 birthday is in 364 days
  • sawalew525124039 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.